Election: Huge Attack Ad Buy Targets Dems, GOP Infighting, And Warren's New Slogan

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Election 2012: Huge Attack Ad Buy Targets Dems, GOP Infighting In Key Race And Warren's New Slogan

The Huffington Post | Meghan Neal | 12/ 8/11 06:30 PM ET

“As the 2012 presidential election heats up, both parties are pushing hard in congressional and gubernatorial races across the country. While Republicans work to regain control of the Senate, Democrats are vying to pick up seats in the GOP-controlled House. Below, a rundown on election news happening beyond the presidential field.

GOP Infighting

While Democrats twiddle their thumbs waiting for Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) to actually announce whether he's seeking reelection, Republicans are fighting among themselves over who will be the party's nominee for U.S. Senate in Nebraska.

GOP heavyweights have been trying hard to persuade Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman (R) to enter the race, a move that's angering conservative leaders who have backed other candidates in the primary. Influential Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) has endorsed state Treasurer Don Stenberg (DeMint wrote: "If you recall, the establishment said our candidates were too conservative to win.

They were wrong then and they're wrong now."), and Attorney General Jon Bruning has already come out swinging at Nelson (Bruning recently released this "Big Differences" ad). But many GOP leaders are worried the current batch of candidates don't have what it takes to win back the seat in the Cornhusker state.

Elizabeth Warren's New Slogan

The Elizabeth Warren campaign has released its T-shirt slogan winner: "The best candidate money can't buy." Other options included "Middle class folks buy shirts, not senators," and "I’m with Warren not Wall Street." The slogan is a subtle knock to Republican rival Sen. Scott Brown, whom the Warren campaign is painting as a career politician and Washington insider. The Massachusetts GOP has fired back with a batch of anti-Warren slogans, such as "Professor Warren: Occupying Harvard Yard Since 1995."

Feisty Debate Suggests A Fierce Campaign

Yesterday's spirited first debate between the two former Virginia governors now running for Senate covered many of the issues dividing the two major parties in 2012. While Tea Partiers rallied outside the Capitol building to protest the exclusion of their candidate, who didn't have the polling or fundraising numbers needed to join, de-facto nominees George Allen (R) and Tim Kaine (D) clashed over government spending, taxes, health care and other hot-button issues.

Crossroads GPS, the Karl Rove-backed fundraising machine associated with the American Crossroads super-PAC, is spending over $1 million, according to the group, to air a slew of attack ads targeting Democratic Senate candidates in key battleground states. The latest batch of ads targets Claire McCaskill in Missouri, Jon Tester in Montana, Ben Nelson in Nebraska and Elizabeth Warren in Massachusetts.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...democrats-gop-elizabeth-warren_n_1136854.html
    ……

Hahaha, it ‘s beginning to look like the republicans will be too busy fighting with the T-baggers to argue with the Democrats to any degree. Their search for a viable candidate is all but over, so their 2012 fight for the presidency is all but over. It will be a massive cave-in on election day unless they can unite their core base and get moving again. Why are they so paralyzed over an inferior group of candidates anyway?

The republicans want a moderate and the T-baggers want a religious fanatic. Any logical person would go with the person most likely to win…but what does one do when there are no candidates at all that can win? Dump ‘em all and start over? Do they have time? Or have they been playing Romney’s game of waiting out a losing scenario and finally becoming a nominee no one likes?

We can look forward to more sleazy, threatening politics as money is poured in by conservative corporations which are now “people” and can spend their shareholders’ money in sleazy, lying ads designed to collect the gullible into voting the republican ticket. Are they in for a surprise, or what?

All the money pored in will not help them, because the American populace is now aware of the republican treachery and treasonous actions in Congress that has stalled America since 2009 when our first black president was inaugurated and which became the harbinger of republican/T-bagger hostage-taking treasonous actions in their misguided effort to make him a one-term-president. Americans always take out their anger, frustrations in elections…watch out in 2012, y’all.

2. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Pretty much, Elizabeth Warren once again gets things right!

3. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

primary challenges should always be welcome. career politicians should not get a free ride.

I know libs like to get a jerk into office and keep him there without a primary challenge, that is why they have been getting voted out of office, left and right.

4. submarinepainter

submarinepainter Well-Known Member Past Donor

Shouldn't they use Warren Buffetts slogan . I want to pay more , well not really cause I haven't paid in years!

mikezila and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Agent, since you put so much credibility in Meghan Neal, can you produce her bio? I looked all over and can't find anything that gives her credentials, to be any more credible than a bag lady in the city park we need to know.

6. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Yes, Meghan Neal does frequent the city park on occasion but it is only to feed the animal life; does that count? Why "do you need to know" her resume' in order to smear her in the old republican way? Make something up in the old republican way....

Now, would you like to contribute anything about the article, or are you going to persist in spinning your wheels on hearsay, inconsequential off-topic bluster to get people's minds off the subject?

7. Professor Peabody

I am contributing about the article. I am attempting to determine the credibility of the author which in turn determines how much we weight we should to the article written. If she's a Rhodes Scholar in Political Science that would mean her writings come from a position of education and knowledge. If she's an 8th grade drop out that would mean her writings come from that position of education and knowledge. Her Bio on Huffington points back to her blog posts. After reading a few of her articles, in my opinion they reads like a 5th graders book report. That's why I'm asking.

8. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

I find your sudden solicitation for my help about Meghan's education rather suspect, pp, and I think if you feel so deeply about Meghan's credentials, inquire at HuffPost or go to Meghan's blog and ask her what education she has received to date. It is a fool's errand anyway because all you want to do is smear the author's credibility anyway....man up!!!

9. Professor Peabody

It harkens back to your post which is losing credibility faster than the Hindenberg lost burning Hydrogen.