Gingrich ‘Proposed the Death Penalty for Marijuana’

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by yes/no, Dec 14, 2011.

1. yes/no

yes/no New Member

2. NetworkCitizen

NetworkCitizen New Member

3. xsited1

xsited1 New Member

There goes the CIA.

4. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Hows that small government for you?

5. marbro

marbro New Member

H.R. 4170: Drug Importer Death Penalty Act of 1996 ...that never made it.

Newt represents everything that I despise about the Republican Party we see today. Big government, crooked as all hell, willing to tax, willing to pass gun control laws and so much more. It’s disappointing that he is leading the race right now but it’s even more disappointing that even some in the Tea Party is endorsing this guy. What was the whole point of the forming the Tea Party... ahh that’s right to remove Obama (*)(*)(*)(*) the ideals.....

I am a conservative but the Republican Party does not represent conservatives, it represents progressives. Conservatives and liberals are different but those representing us in government as Republicans and Democrats are not.

Newt was the sponsor H.R. 4170 and he himself admitted to smoking pot and then goes and makes a law that today would put to death cancer and aids patients and even for something he himself has done. ….

6. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

MOON BASES

7. saintmichaeldefendthem

saintmichaeldefendthem New Member Past Donor

Why does the pothead Left keep claiming that people are doing hard time for smoking a joint or that Gingrich wants to kill people for smoking a joint? Your whole dunderheaded movement is based on one lie after another. The more grave sentences are given to those who traffic drugs and that's as it should be. I'll never forget one day our Sophomore Biology teacher, while teaching a course about drug abuse, said this, "I feel no pity for drug dealers. There's nothing so bad to happen to them that they don't fully deserve it." And he's right. Poisoners deserve imprisonment, death, and eternal damnation after death. They deserve it all. Pity them not.

8. South Pole Resident

South Pole Resident New Member

I dont see why anyone would want to lock someone up for doing something to their body. Feel the same way about booze? Tattoo's? Piercings? Tobacco? Where do we draw the line on what people can do to their own bodys?

9. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

Not just the death penalty, but the death penalty administered on the moon.

10. Tahuyaman

Tahuyaman Well-Known Member

Two things about the post I quoted. First, one can be critical of Gingrich and still be honest about it. He made this proposal to deal with those who traffic in large amounts of marijuana and other narcotics from Columbia and Asian nations. Not the guy sitting on his deck smoking a joint in the evening and certainly not a cancer patient.

Second, the guy claims to be a conservative. I don't think he's being honest with that claim. A conservative knows that there is a big difference between the Democrats and the Republicans and that the Republican party is the traditional home of conservatism. A conservative would also not be spreading the standard left wing propaganda concerning the Tea Party.

Marbro is simply posing as a conservative for reasons only he can explain.

11. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Such a Christian attitude.

12. Tommy Palven

Tommy Palven Active Member Past Donor

About time that the Federales carpet-bomb Colorado and Washington?

13. marbro

marbro New Member

So I get this email, saying someone replied to my post here. I have not been here in awhile. In fact the post in question is over 3 years old. Some b.s. trick to get me to come back here?

As to the reply, not sure why an old post that is completely irrelevant today was dug up. And not sure why someone is butt hurt over it. Like it makes a damn bit a difference. As to me being a conservative?

I believe in limited government
    Reduced spending
    Reduced taxes
    And protecting our constitution.

Does the republican party follow those basic conservative principles? No!

When its election time the rhetoric is all about conservative ideals but when in office I see

The government growing
    Spending increasing
    And our civil liberties being reduced.

Perhaps if mittens were to have been elected he would have been just as successful banning guns as he did while governor. Right now in the news he is promoting minimum wage increases and defending Obama's honor.

I don't like the Republican establishment anymore than I like the democrats. Why I lean libertarian. But if your butt hurt by that and want to call me a liberal because I dont follow the establishment like a good little sheep, that is ok with me. It doesn't change anything.

14. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

You never took a drink of alcohol, did you? Your local alcohol emporium is dealing you a potentially deadly drug. But you knew that.

15. saintmichaeldefendthem

saintmichaeldefendthem New Member Past Donor

Did I say that? You try to discredit my claim that the Pothead Left lies to promote their agenda by lying to promote your agenda, thus proving me sagacity.

Thank you very much.

16. Tahuyaman

I'm not "butt hurt". I can just spot a phony when I see one.

17. marbro

marbro New Member

Lol now I know why I stopped coming here to post. People are idiots.

I have been posing as a conservative for years, donating my time and money in hopes of getting a leftist in power via the republican ticket. Did i tell you i voted for Bush? Yeah he grew the debt and government quite a bit. Moreover he pissed all over our Constitution with the patriot act. Your keen eyesight is extraordinary and will serve you well.

Now if I could only get Jeb in or that fat man from Jersey. The Republicans can move to the left but feel good about it because it will be one of the good ol boys. Lol What a freaking joke.

18. Tahuyaman

You're including yourself .... Right?

19. REPUBLICRAT

REPUBLICRAT Well-Known Member

Yep. It's no more ridiculous than the notion being pushed by the right that the government is going to "come for your guns" though.