The way that Ron Paul supporters do not recognize certain signs about Paul reminds me

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by axuality, Dec 20, 2011.

1. axuality

axuality Banned

of the way that voters (especially the 18-23 year olds) did not recognize warning signs about Obama.

Paul is a good guy, I'm sure. And he has SOME very good ideas, IMO. But there are some things that to me are very obvious. Naturally, I'll be asked what they are and I'll say ahead of time that if you don't already see them, then it's not going to be me that tries to point them out.

2. xsited1

xsited1 New Member

No worries. Ron Paul will never get the nomination.

3. Teutorian

Teutorian New Member

No worries, Romney will never get the White House.

4. camp_steveo

camp_steveo Well-Known Member

Please ask the mods to move your thread to opinions.

5. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

Are you stating an opinion here?

6. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

Then why start a thread? You are deliberately vague and refuse to say more.

No, I won't bother asking you anything. It's obvious this thread is a fail.

7. Beevee

I doubt that those aged between 18 and 23 would vote for Paul. They probably already look on him as a dead man walking.

8. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

9. axuality

axuality Banned

Obviously. ;)

10. axuality

axuality Banned

Originally Posted by camp_steveo View Post
    Please ask the mods to move your thread to opinions.

Ha. That's what I was about to say. Thanks. :)

11. Teutorian

Teutorian New Member

12. axuality

axuality Banned

What's obvious is that you fall into the category that I outlined.

13. Beevee

14. bfyltz

bfyltz New Member

Have you noticed that the media ignores him even when he does well in certain districts? You are right that he won't get the nomination and the reason is that he is a true believer. He actually believes what he says.

I have only one good thing to say about him. He is the only politician of any stripe who points out that empire is what is breaking this country. That is a taboo subject for both Dems and Repubs. Other than that I do not back any of his policies since he advocates law of the jungle economics.

15. Objectivism

Objectivism New Member

you must be thinking of these flaws that paul certainly possesses:

1. he doesnt support giving bailouts to oversees banks (thus losing any chance of gaining their campaign contributions, which is essentially just tax payer money going to the bank, and back to a candidate, see: obama and romneys largest campaign contributors). definitely a political mistake

2. he doesn't support undeclared wars, along with the ridiculous amount of unnecessary oversees military occupation spending that we make (a declaration is constitutionally required to go to war in any way, shape, or form), so the oil companies and war contractors don't support him. definitely a political mistake

3. he doesn't support the war on drugs, because a: it only prevents 1% of the drug shipments from making it to their destination, b: encourages racial profiling, c: fills our prisons to overflowing capacity with nonviolent criminals, robbing their families of the presence of a parent, creating a cycle of bad upbringing, resulting in the same cultural habits. (along with being a huge waste of money, because, ultimately, people make their own decisions, and those who wont do drugs, dont do so because its illegal, and those who do, would do so whether or not its illegal, so the laws are only harmful) check out the prohibition

4. he doesn't support the federal reserve, which, not only creates inflation and poorly calculated economic situations, but also sends random ridiculously large sums of money to other countries for political reasons, which strengthens their currency, and weakens ours. (they also do all of this in secret, and paul attempted to audit the fed for a long time just to see what they were doing, and barely managed to get a partial audit, which revealed that the fed is doing far more than they were initially intended to do, and it's not paying off) definitely a political mistake

it is these flaws that prevent the media from supporting him, because the media is owned by those that would not gain from his policy changes (even though the people of this country as a whole would benefit). paul supports small government, low taxes, constitutional foreign policy, and individual freedom, blasphemy, i know

16. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Those are a set of flaws I would continue to vote for time and time again.

17. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Paul has far more dumb ideas than good ones and the media isn't ignoring him. He's had more time in the press during his political career than all the other candidates put together and the fact that he has no following shows how dumb people think those ideas of his actually are. Its not because he's being ignored. I watch both sides of political shows and i've never seen any lack of coverage, I see him mentioned all the time.

18. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Paul has far more dumb ideas than good ones and the media isn't ignoring him. He's had more time in the press during his political career than all the other candidates put together and the fact that he has no following shows how dumb people think those ideas of his actually are. Its not because he's being ignored. I watch both sides of political shows and i've never seen any lack of coverage, I see him mentioned all the time.

19. Roelath

Roelath Well-Known Member

It's not how "dumb" his ideas are it's how "dumb" the people are in general. Just an example... We have a Government pushing for teenagers to enter College or the Military for both Educational & Economic reasons but, with both choices you're either stuck with debt (massive amounts) or the loss of your Freedom. It's a complete cycle of slavery by the State by either making you a Government drone or a Debt Slave. Now for those who understand what personal freedom is all about when it's ripped away (Those in the Military) they typically donate and support Ron Paul because they understand more so than others. Than we have the College kids who are in debt which you have three branches that occur... The ones that support Paul and trying to make themselves Economically secure, the ones in favor of big Government that wish to have their debt disappear and those who don't give a (*)(*)(*)(*) anymore. If you wish to be intelligent in today's age it seems the best route is to avoid what the Government says in all matters of your personal and economic lively hood. Now moving on from there to the subject as to why people do not support Paul because most people in general are god (*)(*)(*)(*) morons. We have this Political thought process of voting for the lesser of two evils for decades now or even possibly an entire century... where has that gotten us? Am I suppose to follow along with that mentality that has brought us some of the worst Leaders & Politicians? The same thought process that spawned Big Government Politicians that sell themselves out to the highest bidder? While once their soul is sold the Corporations/Banks push for the name/face on every facet possible so people who are already pushed into working long hours are now forced into watching TV News. While this TV News pushes forth more idiocy and it's truly an entertainment now... because the presence isn't there to make people know more. It's there to generally outrage people... It's a god (*)(*)(*)(*) drama. In the end once the smoke clears and you're into the two party process. You're either for the Big Government Moderate or the Big Government Moderate... I find it repulsive that people consider his ideas in general idiotic when they themselves are in favor of ideas that have been tested for thousands of years that have lead to failure.

20. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Paul refuses to compromise in order to get things accomplished. His supporters feel that a total government shutdown would be better than even bad legislation. Paul believes in State rights over Federal....he is just so far out there it boggles the mind.

21. Roelath

What things need to be accomplished? Pushing for war with Iran? Extending the Afganistan War even though it's an unwinnable "Policing" duty for the Military? Honestly... what exactly needs to get "accomplished" in your opinion that is logical to do or continue?

The belief in State > Federal is to prevent the "One Size Fits all" approach for a population of millions with completely different culture, attitudes and personal choices.

22. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

As part of his 2012 presidential campaign, Congressman Paul has stated that he would reduce spending by $1 trillion in the first year. This would be accomplished by reducing the size of government by closing the departments of Energy, HUD, Commerce, Interior, and Education, as well as abolishing the Transportation Security Administration.

This is the type of stuff that Paul wants done and it simply will not happen, not right away anyways. He refuses to vote for any legislation that goes against his core principles even though there are times when you must compromise in Congress. He voted against the Amber Alert Bill because he thinks its a State problem yet has not pushed for any such bill in Texas.

He is just wrong on so much. Lets not forget his statement about getting rid of drug laws to reduce drug crime either.

23. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

It is kind of LOW of you to say something like this when there are many millions of people in America who would gladly vote for Ron Paul if only he was on a ballot, MANY MORE then would vote for the ass wipes Obama/Romney. just because your political circus is rigged, don't be so proud of it, because after all, no matter the buzz the media creates each election season about the tightness of the race and the importance of voting, FEWER THEN HALF of registered voters bother to vote in this country, AMERICAN IDOL has more fans then your degenerate establishment media political circus

24. Roelath

Push for it? Is he part of the State body of Texas or is he a Federal Politician? Also most of the said Departments/Responsibilities/Actions can be placed within the States, within a different department or simply removed altogether. Lets not pretend that they're needed... Unless of course you're a major supporter of Big Government and believe the Government fixes all problems or it's the only vehicle of doing things.

On the Principles part I find it humorous you attack him for not destroying his character for sake of "Getting along" with the rest of the sold out Politicians. Where do you stand in all of this? So far it seems like you're a "Lesser of Two Evils" & "Big Government" guy because nothing can go in your mind... well nothing substantial to be honest.

25. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Sorry but your not going to walk into the Presidency and dismantle 6 entire departments right off the bat. What about the people, or the work they do? It will take years to process all of that out. Can they eventually be eliminated? Sure but not within a year.

The Amber Alert Bill was a very good piece of Legislation that's saved over 500 children's lives so far. It was the Federal Government stepping in where the States wouldn't and if Paul, only 1 of 2 people to vote against it, had an issue than he should have prepared an alternative.

Paul will get into office, propose the ideas and see each of them shot down by Congress. If he tries to do it through Executive Order he will have the orders overturned. Then you will see him Veto every single piece of legislation that comes across his desk because it isn't perfect. It will be a complete government shutdown. You may think that's good but our government does need some legislation passed to function.