Syria threatens to execute 'terrorists' under new law

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by peoplevsmedia, Dec 20, 2011.

1. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

It's about time...I strongly suspect someone with big money involved in all this, like those who are itching to start wars, I think we all know who they are...

Syria will execute anyone who participates in terrorist acts or distributes weapons, state television announced Tuesday, in the latest escalation against an uprising
    The announcement comes as two opposition groups claimed that more than 100 people were killed Monday, which would be the single deadliest known day of the protests against President Bashar al-Assad's government.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/20/world/meast/syria-unrest/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

2. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

What savages. We torture and indefinitely detain people we consider to be terrorists, but we don't kill them!

3. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Playin' into Assad's hand...
    :mad:
    Arab body calls for pullout of monitors in Syria
    Sunday 1st January, 2012 – A pan-Arab body called Sunday for the immediate withdrawal of the Arab League monitors in Syria because President Bashar Assad's regime has kept up killings of government opponents even in the presence of the observers.

4. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

High-Level Offensive Launched on Syria at UN...
    :fart:
    Clinton Urges UN Action to End Violence in Syria
    January 31, 2012 - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton told the Security Council on Tuesday that U.N. action to end the violence in Syria would be different from the NATO-led efforts in Libya that resulted in the ouster of Moammar Gadhafi.
    See also:

UN resolution could spur Syria civil war, Russia warns
    31 January 2012 - More than 100 people reported were killed in violence on Monday

5. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

I wonder what they would define as "terrorist acts".

6. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

I think they should just water board them for awhile first...I mean, that ain't really torture anyway, and current US laws fully endorse it so, why not?

7. Parity

Parity Banned

"MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia said on Wednesday it would veto any U.N. resolution on Syria that it finds unacceptable, after demanding any measure rule out military intervention to halt the bloodshed touched off by protests against President Bashar al-Assad's rule."

If only if Steve Jobs could run against the President Bashar today, all of Syria's financial and political problems could have been solved.

8. Daggdag

Daggdag Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell......In America, someone can be considered a "terrorist" by having more than a week's worth of food in their house...