+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Women in combat (but not really) Vol. III

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IgnoranceisBliss View Post
    No one wants to play anymore
    Viv killed the fun. You know how to get this thread going, but you lack the testicular fortitude to get it done.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Up On the Governor View Post
    Viv killed the fun. You know how to get this thread going, but you lack the testicular fortitude to get it done.
    I'm curious as to why you're not more supportive of your fellow women serving in combat related jobs.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Herkdriver View Post
    I'm curious as to why you're not more supportive of your fellow women serving in combat related jobs.
    How am I not supportive? All I do is support.

4. Default

How am I not supportive? All I do is support.
    If you say so.

5. Default

If you say so.
    Do you think I should have a tattoo saying "girl power" or should I just continue to do my job as best I can and quietly prove a point?

6. Default

Do you think I should have a tattoo saying "girl power" or should I just continue to do my job as best I can and quietly prove a point?
    I'm referring to your "sisters" on the ground. Female combat aviators faced the same initial hostility that we're seeing in here for women in ground combat. You're just walking in their footsteps...they've already proved the point. I was in the service in the '90's when President Clinton allowed women to be in aerial combat units. The Defense Authorization Act repealed the long-standing combat exclusion law for women pilots in the Navy and Air Force...
    I witnessed firsthand the snide remarks and hostility towards the concept of female combat pilots and crew members.
    Last edited by Herkdriver; Jan 03 2012 at 06:01 PM.

7. Default

I've done all I can. You point me in the right direction and I'll supply the balls.
    I have no joy in strife,
    Peace is my great desire;
    Yet God forbid I lose my life
    Through fear to face the fire. -Henry Van Dyke

8. Default

I'm referring to your "sisters" on the ground. Female combat aviators faced the same initial hostility that we're seeing in here for women in ground combat. You're just walking in their footsteps...they've already proved the point. I was in the service in the '90's when President Clinton allowed women to be in aerial combat units. The Defense Authorization Act repealed the long-standing combat exclusion law for women pilots in the Navy and Air Force...
    I witnessed firsthand the snide remarks and hostility towards the concept of female combat pilots and crew members.
    So because women were discriminated against openly in the past they MUST be discriminated against now? When do we draw the line and say everything is "square"?
    I have no joy in strife,
    Peace is my great desire;
    Yet God forbid I lose my life
    Through fear to face the fire. -Henry Van Dyke

9. Default

I'm referring to your "sisters" on the ground. Female combat aviators faced the same initial hostility that we're seeing in here for women in ground combat. You're just walking in their footsteps...they've already proved the point. I was in the service in the '90's when President Clinton allowed women to be in aerial combat units...I witnessed firsthand the snide remarks and hostility towards the concept of female combat pilots and crew members.
    We have established the difference between flying into combat, and humping 100 lbs packs into combat. If women were physically built to succeed in infantry roles, then I would be supportive of them. Though still not in the obvious and flamboyant way you expect me to be.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IgnoranceisBliss View Post
    So because women were discriminated against openly in the past they MUST be discriminated against now? When do we draw the line and say everything is "square"?
    "Women don't belong in fighter aircraft...they'll fold under the pressure...they aren't physically able to withstand high g-forces...women in combat squadrons will interfere with unit cohesion on deployments..they'll be a distraction...women who are shot down and captured will be repeatedly raped by the enemy...they'll crumble as prisoners of war and won't return with honor"

Been there and done that...

I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday.
    Last edited by Herkdriver; Jan 03 2012 at 06:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast