Question About Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Immigration' started by Brock, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Brock

Brock New Member

I live in Tennessee, and from what I have seen, their have been a lot of arguments over illegal immigration, that seem to be more about doing things that find & capture illegal immigrants then illegal immigration itself.

Why do people get upset when a state tries to require people to show I.D. to vote? http://m.host.madison.com/mobile/article_cb347812-259f-11e1-8151-001871e3ce6c.html

I do not understand, if your a citizen, you have a I.D. I would think. I have multiple I.D.'s and I am just a random farmer. I don't understand why people are against this. Same with having children's origins known, such as their parents. Why is this wrong? It makes no sense to me, their just trying to catch people who are here illegally.

2. LeConservateur

LeConservateur New Member

I know. It makes no sense. Only citizens have the right to vote and yet people are not required to prove citizenship before voting.

The civil libertarians are quick to issue dire warnings about what happened in the Jim Crow south, when African Americans were required to pass literacy tests in order to vote. Obviously it's not the same thing. Illegal immigration is everyone's problem, including workers at polling stations. We should all be involved in trying to stop it, including people at polling stations.

In Canada, your name is put on a list of electors when you turn 18 or when you become a Canadian citizen. When you go the polling place, you bring one form of ID and the worker there compares your name to the list of electors. If your name's not there, you don't vote. There is no outcry about citizens being disenfranchised, and no illegal immigrant voting problem.

3. Brock

Brock New Member

Well, I am not anti-immigration, I just don't understand, if its against the law, people working to bypass it would be criminals wouldn't they? I mean, I just don't understand why people think its terrible, it makes a lot of sense, at least to me.

4. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

US conservatives would claim that it is another nail in the coffin of liberty.
    A conservative doesn't believe he has to confirm who he is. He believes everyone should realise who he is, a fine upstanding man with no criminal record, a job for life and a salary he worked hard to obtain.

So, he should just be able to turn up at the polling booth and vote.

That liberal, on the other hand, easily recognisable by the clothes he is wearing that were last washed the evening before Pearl Harbour, is clearly one who should be disenfranchised. Who employs cretins? The no job unwashed who don't eat because they can't be bothered to open their mouths to put something inside and, more than that, actually masticate.

If fraud is your concern, then don't blame the conservatives who only want to continue with their way of life. Blame the liberals who are trying to change theirs and who, as a result, want a Democrat to represent them. It's those layabouts who have nothing more to do than vote who turn up in various disguises (swapping unwashed clothes with each other) that are trying to manipulate the system.

5. Brock

Brock New Member

I do not blame anyone. Did I make it appear as if I did?

6. Beevee

If you don't blame anyone, this is not the forum for you.

7. Brock

Brock New Member

I think I will be fine here.

8. Beevee

Then I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

9. Brock

Brock New Member

Thanks, same to you.

10. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

Some people on the left want there to be open borders, they do not realize that once we hit a tipping point that this country will erode to a place where I do not think even they want it to be (I could be wrong tho). They try to make it about race as it is the only leg they have to stand on.

These people actually believe that they are making a case by saying that "minorities live on the fringe of society and are too stupid to gain an ID".
    If you do not have an ID you cannot buy cough syrup, allergy medicine, drive a car, buy alcohol or cigarettes, or get government benefits.

What do you really expect with the corrupt government we have?
    *Illegal immigrants are flooding our borders and the government is giving them free education, free healthcare, free welfare, ect.
    *Corporations lobby our tax laws so that they pay little to no taxes while there smaller competitors are riddled with regulations and new taxes.
    *50% of the US pay no income taxes and most of them get checks back at the end of the year (we are paying people simply to exist) and they continue this trend by electing people who promise more benefits.

Howdy from Tennessee btw!

11. Brock

Brock New Member

I agree with a lot of that lol.

12. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

In my opinion, the real question is why can't our elected representatives to government simply bear true witness to our own laws instead of merely denying and disparaging less fortunate illegals for their illegalities?

13. Brock

Brock New Member

I hope our government changes. I may be young, but I am pretty sure the odds of the government having common sense is not likely.

14. Hijothis

Hijothis New Member

I agree there should be absolutely no problem with having to show proof of citizenship to vote, considering you have to be a citizen to vote...

15. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Why not insist that any elders that were elected to rule over us, simply and morally set the example of bearing true witness to our own laws, for both the greater glory of our republic and for the sake of our posterity?

We could be solving our social problems in a market friendly manner, by regulating well, Commerce among the several States of the Union.

16. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Two things- first of all I am in support of showing i.d. to vote.

But you are confusing showing i.d. to vote and catching illegal aliens- showing i.d. to vote is to ensure that people are legal registered voters. It would have little or no effect on catching illegal aliens. Those without i.d. just wouldn't vote.

17. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

The only 'proof' of citizenship we have are passports.

Are you advocating that every voter needs to carry a passport, or establishing a national i.d. for American citizens?

I am fine with showing i.d. to vote, but a drivers license along with voter registration should be fine.

18. Brock

Brock New Member

I doubt they would, I mean, I wish they would. How would we do this?

I am trying to ask, why is it that people say it is wrong, or anything other then logical, to make it a law to show I.D. for voting? I do not understand the argument.

19. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Well, if we cannot confide in their sincerity for something as moral as that, why should we confide in their sincerity for something as wasteful as our War on Drugs?

20. Brock

Brock New Member

I do not confide in any of them. They are not my friends or family. I wish that I could be a politician, but I fear of what would happen if I somehow made it to Congress what would happen.

21. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Shouldn't we expect fellow citizens to do a good job while in office, simply for the decent pay and benefits, just like any office of private trust?

22. Brock

Brock New Member

I guess, but if we actually expect politicians to do something, who would want to be one? lol jk.

23. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Why not expect them to do a good job, simply for the sake of morals?

24. Brock

Brock New Member

If we give politicians real expectations, then how can we get rid of them if they fail?

25. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Why not simply vote them out of office?