Christmas Day Obama V. Romney

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by MnBillyBoy, Dec 25, 2011.

1. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

There couldn't be a greater source of comparison between the two men.
    President Obama couldn't leave Washington fast enough to get to Hawaii and the golf course.
    No mention of a religious service with family and tradition..just 5 hours of golf before the rain moved in.
    You can bet the Romney White House will not be in Hawaii having a vacation... His conservative traditions of family and religious faith will be foremost and upfront...AS IT should be on this day. :sun:
    This President demeans wealth as evil..then spends it away from the nations problems in a paradise...playing Golf ??

Family values means living family values.
    not just for TV face time and photo opps.

You can always Golf after you lose the next election.
    Par as President is not good enough.

2. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

For those druids out there ..I know he opened presents at 8 am.. sang Christmas carols ( right ? ) with his family ...then went to the Marine chapel for a service ..
    Gee.. talk about political correctness.

What was the sermon topic..more Condemnation of America ?
    The point is he then goes home then comes back to the barracks and marines..then spins it as spending time with his family including his sister from Hawaii..what about his Uncle..his other more controversial relatives ?
    Billy Carter re born ?
    It wasn't about family values..it was about campaigning.
    Being Commander in Chief ..instead of just being dad out of the lime light.

So his 1st day is always Golf..Then a moment for what idea of Christmas ?

Do you know what he supports or believes ?
    You cant tell by his Christmas day..or vacation ?

I can. ;)

3. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Interesting.

The information I found stated that the president opened gifts with his kids, went to church, visited with some service members, and is spending Christmas dinner with the family and friends.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...8NW_XA?docId=eb9a996254984be1852409d252244168

HONOLULU (AP) — President Barack Obama blended his roles as a father and commander-in-chief this Christmas, exchanging presents and singing carols with his family, then greeting U.S. service members stationed at a Marine base in Hawaii.

The president and his family woke up early Sunday to open gifts, the White House said, then had breakfast and sang Christmas carols at the multimillion-dollar house they rent in Kailua Beach, near Honolulu.

Obama made two trips on Christmas to nearby Marine Corps Base Hawaii, first to attend church services at the base chapel. The president dressed casually in dark khaki pants and a short-sleeve blue shirt, and his wife and daughters donned sundresses for Christmas services on a bright, breezy day on the island of Oahu.

After spending a few hours at their rental home, the president and Michelle Obama returned to the base to visit with several hundred service members and their families, as they have done in past years.

The Obamas posed for photos, signed autographs and stopped to chat with the military families gathered in the dining hall, where roast beef, salad and apple pie were on the Christmas Day menu.

Eight-month-old Cooper Wall Wagner, son of Capt. Greg Wagner, got up close and personal with the president, grabbing his face, then sticking his fingers in Obama's mouth.

An amused Obama said he thought the baby just liked his "big nose" — a comment that drew laughter from several of the Marines.

Many of the service members stationed at Marine Corps Base Hawaii have deployed to Afghanistan, as well as Iraq, where the last American troops were withdrawn earlier this month.

Back in the Washington area, Vice President Joe Biden and wife Jill Biden spent Christmas visiting wounded service members and their families at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

Obama also called 10 service members stationed around the world — two from each branch of the military — on Christmas Eve. The White House said he thanked them for their service and the sacrifice of being away from their families at the holidays.

The Obamas were wrapping up their Christmas festivities with dinner at the rental home with friends and family. Among those joining the first family in Hawaii are the president's sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, who lives on Oahu, and several friends Obama has known since high school.

The president has kept a low profile since arriving in Hawaii on Friday evening to start a vacation delayed by the stalemate in Washington over extending payroll tax cuts. He has no public events planned, and his only outings are expected to be to the golf course or to take his daughters for shave ice, a Hawaiian snow cone.

The Obamas are expected to return to Washington shortly after New Year's Day.

Sadanie and (deleted member) like this.
  4. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

Low profile stated... Yet Publicity presented with the troops ( gee ).. ..No public outing except for Golf and throw in some shaved ice for kids ?

What was the church service about ?
    As spiritual leader of the nation he sure plays it close to the vest on religion..I wonder why ?

When with the troops he surely wont face any criticism will he ? No questions about a early withdraw..no honor in retreat ?
    Talk about controlling the environment .

Now compare the Obama family album and message with the Romney family greetings ..Notice any difference..?

Multiple generations Of Americans with their children.
    Obama's family album..?

and some wonder why we distrust the man so.

5. Think for myself

I did notice all of your assertions regarding the president in your OP were indeed incorrect.

If we are going to criticize someone, should it not be based on actual events and not fiction?

6. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

Sure since it is all about image.

His first thing upon arrival was golf..not the troops..not the family.
    Agreed ?
    Then since he had no prior church info as most President and heads of state use ..we are left to guessing what kind of service it was.
    Why is that ?

We are given a statement by a spokesperson..not the kids..nor the president.
    He goes back to the barracks to be with the troops...did he serve them dinner? Or just pose for the photo opp. ?
    We even learn what the troops are having..did he eat with them ?

We do know they brought the White House chef to cook their Christmas dinner. Well is that normal ?

We know only what he wants to share..this most transparent of all Presidents..he only goes where he can control the environment.Miles away from the DC press corps.
    He only releases what he wants released.

There are several generations of Americans all in a whole family setting within The Romney Christmas greetings. Some might conclude the Presidents whole white House is framed from his failed family unit and disjointed history.
    His distrust of American wealth..work ethic and world history That America used to stand for.
    He is entitled to his privacy...yet you fail to see the lack of transparency he promised.
    Spending hours on the golf course to only share shaved ice with his kids...would not MAKE IT in my family..nor I bet in yours.

and yes I golf and have been to Hawaii several times..I left the clubs at home..Family time.

oh..Aloha..:sun:

7. Think for myself

The assertions in your OP were incorrect. I find it difficult to criticize someone over fabricated situations.

8. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

What fabrications? reread the thread 1st post.. although I could have just titled the topic different like Obama's Christmas vacation to be more correct.

Would your family buy you golfing on your 1st day on vacation ..back with your family.
    My wife and kids wouldn't.

I might take them put put golfing or even riding with dad while I golf..but I bet the wife would just say.."later "
    The point is he USED the holiday for Golf 1st..2 hours maybe 3 with his family and the rest for photo opps to be used for re elections.

Religion is a TOPIC for political discussion and his spokesperson DOWNPLAYED the whole deal about the service.

We found his past religious attendance a little lacking and what was said when he did attend disconcerting.

Since it is a MAJOR RELIGIOUS Celebration around the world we might be a bit more interested in how he observed it.
    Not about what the troops were served for dinner...or the fact he shook hands and held babies..they all do that...and I wont belittle that any more.

There will be a different tone in 2 years. a marked contrast to the apology of American values.The next President will not play golf while America is suffering..( I haven't found anything abut Romney's golf game )

9. Think for myself

Yes, here it is. The quote of yours below appears to be fabricated. I have shown that the president did not do what you stated.

10. .daniel

.daniel New Member

The President spent Christmas at church, with his family, and with the troops. Your OP is, as already been demonstrated, false.

Furthermore, the POTUS is not the spiritual leader of the nation, and he keeps his religion out of the public view because the US is a secular nation.

Sadanie and (deleted member) like this.
  11. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

Did you manage to read the 2nd post..I posted moments later to clarify that terrible gaff?

And yes on Christmas eve day ( not the day itself ) the president was more involved with his golf game than with the military..the country or his religious service. .
    There was no prior detailed press release to see what public might have thought...?
    Maybe he changed when he found out that America doesn't buy Golf in Hawaii every year .

I am saying there wasn't a detailed press release BEFORE..and maybe he did what he did for politics?? Most presidents had a detailed vacation plan and religious outline...no defense secrets of course..but a general outline.

Knowing the fallout over Golf the president then did what he did ..we will never know thanks to that transparency we always hear so much about.

12. .daniel

.daniel New Member

Quoting this again, and reiterating: it's no one's (*)(*)(*)(*)ing business how he vacations in the first place. He's taken far less days than many of his predecessors, especially Bush Junior. Every year, he goes to his home state to vacation with family and friends. He's entitled to this.

Your criticism is absurd, as Romney would be doing nearly the same thing.

13. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

He spent how long at what church ..and what did he hear ?

It is a political question since he has not gone to church often..and his past REV Wright became a political liability.
    Americans have the right to know how THEIR leader worships this spiritual day.
    After the golf fallout the troop deal was just a political move...nothing more.

You do know he has come under political scrutiny for his numerous golf outings ? what a way to smooth over the folks back home..then spend the rest of the time golfing..
    That's why there was no press briefing so he could just fly under the radar.

I saw no national cathedral service..no complete ceremony with the troops..
    I did see his golf swing..blame the press..that's all they had...until his own guy told the press what happened.
    I'll give him this..he can cover up...

14. conBgone

conBgone Banned

Everything I've heard cons go on so about Wright, he in fact was correct in saying. Some people just can't stand hearing truth, especially from a black man. Quote us some of the truly horribles that he's said, in full context so we know exactly where he was coming from. I bet you won't and can't.

15. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

I can respect privacy.
    I'll remind you all about that when a Mormon gets elected and he worships his faith.
    The President is more than just a political leader as we seem to have forgotten about the lessons taught by Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich.

This President was LOW KEY on the religious end for reason..not to upset his anti religious base and progressives who believe religion is the enemy.
    ANY of the conservatives would not do Christmas **** this guy..count on it.

I can see it now when conservatives retake the White House..Those hypocritical conservatives are using religion against the liberals. NOPE ..they are doing what is taught by most Christian faiths to do...
    Playing the holiday LOW KEY is not that lesson taught.

Golf and Religion will be revisited next year..
    BANK ON THAT. :)
    FORE...!!

16. .daniel

.daniel New Member

I have no beef with Romney's religious faith, that does not factor into my political preferences. Atheist, Muslim, Mormon, Baptist, Catholic, Buddhist...none of it matters to me.

Religion does not factor into a President's job description, and I respect his privacy just fine. In interviews he has talked at great length about his faith. But he isn't going to put church service on his public schedule. It has nothing to do with his duties as President.

17. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

Obama hit the golf course today ..again
    Did you see it ?

FOX did..and reported that No one was able to get a shot of him playing golf.
    This president is using Babies and troops for propaganda shots...and not letting the press show the entire true vacation.

So when he goes to church..the press is allowed...and encouraged.
    When that baby sticks his fingers into Obama's mouth it gets shown over and over.. ( aw..so cute..who could argue with babies ? )

And we he goes Golfing..NO PRESS ALLOWED !
    The image you see is not the true man..the true vacation..
    Its only what he wants you to see..the photo opps.
    You Obama pukes can keep talking about transparency..privacy..and those evil rich people all you want..YOUR PRESIDENT IS LIVING THAT LIFESTYLE while country suffers...

Paid for by American taxpayers.

Fore...:puke:

18. .daniel

.daniel New Member

Taxpayers cover transportation and security, nothing more. The Obamas are paying for everything else.

Your posts are riddled with falsehoods.

19. Jiyuu-Freedom

Jiyuu-Freedom Keep the peace Past Donor

I think what Obama did with the military was great. I don't understand why he would choose to do this when there is unrest in Iraq since the troops were recently pulled out.

Obama stated:

The saddest part is it is now looking like we made absolutely no progress there.

I just think his timing is messed up and if I were to choose who seemed to have a Christmas that was more family oriented, the obvious choice is Romney's.

Obama just has to have the limelight on him for a few moments every time he goes off to play golf, even on vacation and holidays. Photo ops, photo ops...it's all about "How Great I Am"..Obama, not Jesus which is the reason for the season. My two cents.

20. lolcatz

lolcatz New Member

Obama's a liar. Theres no Military there. Bet your ass that the Expensive contractors replaced our "less than minimum wage paid" troops.

21. .daniel

.daniel New Member

22. .daniel

.daniel New Member

The US military is out of Iraq. The remaining private military contractors are there to protect our massive diplomatic staff, not to conduct raids or engage in military exercises. Just bodyguards.

23. Jiyuu-Freedom

Jiyuu-Freedom Keep the peace Past Donor

I suspect you're right but would have to look that up. Romney has become more and more like a Republican over time and his conservatism is going to be forefront in his presidency. I believe he will not waste as much taxpayer dollars as this President has.

The liberal media is still making him look like a hero. I will never understand it. He can do no wrong is their eyes. Are they blind? Most definitely.

24. .daniel

.daniel New Member

Romney shifts his political views to whatever will win him the election. That's all I've noticed. I'm not sure how a self-described progressive suddenly decides he doesn't support abortion or equal rights any more.

I see the media regularly slamming Obama. Fox especially hammers him whether he's doing well or not, CNN often portrays the popular American opinion that Obama is a "good guy, bad policy", and MSNBC seems disappointed, in line with most liberal views. I see no praise.

His foreign policy has been exemplary. He's done more to secure the nation than Bush ever did, and with orders of magnitude less bloodshed on the part of our armed forces. If Republicans were honest, they'd praise his foreign policy and move to more legitimate complaints.

25. lolcatz

lolcatz New Member

Why do you change the subject to Romney?

Look up Haliburton...