The `Iran Question` - War or Peace?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Teutorian, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Teutorian

Teutorian New Member

This war propaganda saddens me almost as much as the mentality and lust for war with so many Americans who won't be fighting in them.

I've been fortunate in life to have forged friendships with people from a number of different nations and backgrounds and I've learned these people do not at all match the stereotypes inspired by television. Television is an illusion, let's begin with that. It's a constant sleight of hand. It can make a people that are total degenerates in the real world look saintly and people who are saintly look like total degenerates. Television exists today to provide ideological content to the masses, both in news and entertainment. It can and often does lead people to completely backwards conclusions and they'll be absolutely sure of these conclusions even if they are not at all based in reality.

I am a guilt free individual. I understand the nature of this propaganda because like most people I was affected by it when I was an impressionable teenager but I quickly liberated myself of it early on into adulthood. I don't feel guilty about slavery, I don't feel guilty about Europeans conquering the North American continent from the Native Americans despite respecting them as a people.

However, if the United States invades Iran or begins bombing their civilians into dust I will, for the first time in my life, feel a serious sense of remorse for the actions of my people.

I do not agree with every policy and every action the United States has ever taken but I at least understand the motivations or forgive the ignorance that was the driving force behind these actions.

Invading Iran, though, I could only consider to be reckless arrogance, ruthlessness, stupidity, and psychotic behavior, all of which would garner my disgust.

I have known two Iranian families in my life and a few other Iranian individuals. All of them were wonderful people. They are decent, honest, cheerful, hard working, traditional, conservative, intelligent, educated and sophisticated. They are not dumb cave dwelling Arabs in dirty night shirts.
    They're not even Arab. The Persians are as white as your neighbors and might even be your neighbors. They are an ancient people which is respectable in and of itself unless you're an unsophisticated redneck, and they are a people who share many of our values. They laugh no differently than we do and they mourn the loss of loved ones no differently than we do.

More over, the Iranian people want to be free. They are living under the hell of an Islamic theocracy that they are not comfortable with and every year they become bolder and bolder in wanting to remove it. They are now Islamic, but they also resent that Islam buried much of their ancient history and culture in its fanaticism for Islamic purification.

They want freedom and they want peace.

I have no doubts that the Iranian people will throw off the yoke of their current regime and they will do this on their own. They just require time and the support and good will of all freedom loving people around the world.
    The Middle East needs leadership and the Iranian people are the ideal people to provide it. If moderate, freedom longing Persians can wrestle their nation back from the Islamic fundamentalists I predict it will lead to great changes across the entire region. This is what Iran needs.

What they do not need is airstrikes, invasions, "collateral damage" and cities left in ruins, littered with the bodies of hundreds of thousands of dead women and children.

The Iranian people want freedom but they will not tolerate a foreign invader on their soil, nor can I blame them. This will unite all Iranians under a single banner and they will fight. Believe me they will fight. Our military will be forced to unleash on them something nothing short of a horrendous war crime in order to put down the resistance. This is not the action of a just and noble nation. This is the action of a nation that will lose all credibility in condemning the deeds of even the most horrific regimes in history. This cannot be America's course.

Neo-cons will accuse me of being a Muslim apologists. I am not.

I understand very much so the threat radical Islam poses to the Western world while the West is in such a state and so morally disarmed at home. Our views of "multi culturalism" and our need to be overly polite and submissive to all foreigners is nothing short of suicidal and this, and this alone, empowers Islam and elevates it to the threat that it is today.

The threat of Islam is in our own weaknesses and decline, not in the strength of the Muslim world. Let us make that distinction here and now. It is a critically important one.

Psychopathic war mongers come to us over our television sets and promote wars with smiles and clean suits, and offer something that can seem like a compelling argument for invading much weaker nations with no real provocation. Know that these people plan for war first and sort out justifications later. We know people have wanted to invade Iran for years and have been selling us on this adventure for a long time. Don't let them do it. The Iranians are not your enemy. They are not "suicidal." They will not trade one American city for the annihilation of their civilization which is one of the oldest in the world.

Think.

Reason.

Don't be manipulated by the media.

Support the Iranians in their struggle to throw off the yoke of their theocracy. Always remember that the Iranians had a democracy before U.S. and British policy-makers took it away from them to serve our "national interests" and imposed on them a puppet dictatorship.

Don't choose blowback on our own people.

Don't support war.

Choose peace and choose friendship.

That's my position.

Leffe and (deleted member) like this.
  2. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Iran will be the next money grabbing project instigated by the right. They're not happy unless we're bombing somebody, and running up the T&M contracts. Lotsa cash to be made there you know...Iran beware...and the world...kiss your a** goodbye.

3. Vergilius

Vergilius Banned

I am curious whether you are a neo-nazi or not.

4. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny says put a Patriot missile up Ammerdinerjob's wazoo...
    :fart:
    Rising Geopolitical Tensions Threaten Oil Supplies
    Tuesday, 27 Dec 2011 | Oil prices are bubbling higher on concerns geopolitical risks to global oil supplies are rising, amid an increase in sectarian violence in Iraq and as Iran reacts to the prospects of increased sanctions.

5. Leffe

Leffe New Member

What the hell has the price of oil got to do with this? It could be 1000USD per barrel and it still would not give us justification to bomb or invade another country.

6. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

Did I miss something? When did we invade Iran? So why the wailing and handshaking about something that hasn't and most likely won't happen?

7. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

One would figure that this would be a relatively simple question to answer. There's nothing to be gained by war with Iran.

8. Leffe

Leffe New Member

In this we can agree.

9. ConShawn

ConShawn New Member

If the Iranians want to avoid war, they need to look within themselves and get rid of thier government. Their government is the one building nuclear weapons and telling Israel they will wipe them off the face of the earth. They should stand up now and fight their government before the world has to.

10. JohnnyMo

JohnnyMo Moderator Staff Member Donor

A war with Iran will serve no true American purpose. Let's focus our attentions on getting the US back on track. JMHO

11. submarinepainter

submarinepainter Well-Known Member Past Donor

I felt betrayed when we went to Iraq . Iran would be no different