Ron Paul supported Cynthia McKinney in 2008

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Calminian, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Calminian

Calminian New Member

No, unfortunately this is not a joke.

Ron Paul to announce presidential endorsement plans

Paul, who unsuccessfully sought the Republican presidential nomination, will tell supporters he is not endorsing GOP nominee John McCain or Democratic nominee Barack Obama, and will instead give his seal of approval to four candidates: Green Party nominee Cynthia McKinney, Libertarian Party nominee Bob Barr, independent candidate Ralph Nader, and Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin, according to a senior Paul aide.

But no, he's a staunch conservative. :rolleyes:

2. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

Is she like Sheila Jackson Lee ? (Or Worse_

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias New Member

She supported many of the same issues that he did, not really surprising.

4. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Much worse.......

5. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

Ron Paul, the racist, supporting a black woman for President? The plot thickens!

Serfin' USA and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Calminian

Calminian New Member

I'm sure that's correct. They're both lefties.

7. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

:omg::gun:

8. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

ron's trying to build a coalition

if bob barr had a brain, he'd be worse than ron paul is

9. Calminian

Calminian New Member

And an interesting coalition it would be. Hmmmm. That would make for an interesting thread.

10. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

populist panderers just want votes no matter how sullied they are

despite what ron says, he wants political power

11. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

:bored:
    Oh, like Arlen Specter ...

12. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Some of McKinney's positions:

Abortion
    McKinney is a firm believer of abortion rights. She opposed bills that would have restricted interstate travel for minors looking for an abortion, made it a crime to harm a fetus while committing another crime, and banned Family Planning in the U.S. and globally. She also voted in 2000 against the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act, which came into effect in 2003. In 2001 she was on EMILY's List, a pro-choice group, and in 2006 she received the lowest possible score on the pro-life group National Right to Life Committee's scale assessing politicians record on the issue of abortion. [17]

Affirmative action
    McKinney feels that affirmative action should be kept in college admissions, which resulted in her voting no on the Higher Education Amendments Act of 1997 that would have made it so every form of post-secondary education would disregard race. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People gave McKinney a 97% pro-affirmative action stance. [22]
    [edit]Crime
    It is the main focus of McKinney's stance on crime that capital punishment should be replaced with life imprisonment. She has voted no on bills that would make death penalty appeals harder and the prosecution and sentencing of juvenile delinquency. She has voted yes on bills that would keep habeas corpus rights in death penalty appeals, as well as yes on bills to replace the death penalty and finding alternative sentences to capital punishment. She also supports stronger sentencing for hate crimes.[17]

Education
    McKinney is a strong supporter of education. She has often stated that it is wrong public education receives $38 billion annually while the Pentagon receives $700 billion annually. She also believes reforms like No Child Left Behind hurt the education system, and that free higher education and better primary education is what will improve school systems throughout the nation. She also voted yes on a substitute bill to lower student loan interest rates and increase black college and Hispanic college quality and quantity. She voted yes on a bill for state-testing and voted no on bills to allow vouchers in the District of Columbia, allowing vouchers in private schools and parochial schools, and no on a bill that would only give federal aid to schools that allowed school prayer.[23]

Immigration
    McKinney believes that there should be no skilled worker visas, but that there should be no separation barrier between the U.S. and Mexico or Canada. She also believes it is unjust to say that illegal immigrants have stolen jobs in the nation. She has voted to keep the Minutemen Project secretive for immigrants and voted no on extending immigrant residency rules.[24]
    [edit]LGBT rights
    McKinney supports gay adoption, voting no on a District of Columbia bill that would ban them in 1999, and received an 80% rating by the Human Rights Campaign for a pro-gay rights stance. [17]

Gun control
    McKinney supports strict gun control on all people who may be a danger to society, which may even include police officers and government officials.[25] In 1999 she voted no on a bill that would decrease gun waiting period and in 2005 voted no on a bill that would exempt gun companies from accidental death lawsuits as well as prevent the manufacturing of armor-piercing shots and shells.[26]

[​IMG]

Still going to deny this guy's a goofball?

13. freakonature

freakonature Well-Known Member

Are you now trying to persuade this forum that McCain is in any way conservative? Good luck. You have now entered negative territory as far as any feasible credibility. I have begun to disagree with whatever you post based on the odds of the opposite being correct.

14. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Are you making the claim that McKinny is more conservative that McCain? Really?

15. Kingofwow

Kingofwow New Member

I would say that McKinny is less a threat then the McCain's in the Senate and House! Lets face it everyone knows and agrees that Mckinny is a nutcase but some actual believe that McCain is on the side of limited government and individual freedom.

16. Calminian

Calminian New Member

There you go! Typical Paul worshiping cultist zombie. I'm starting to really enjoy this.

17. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's no surprise that Paul would endorse a racist like Baldwin.

18. Kingofwow

Kingofwow New Member

I'm more of a Anti-DC person then a Paul supporter. My whole theory of supporting Paul is basically giving DC a pill that would be hard to swallow!

Yet like Bush I see positives in Paul, Bush proved to be a great leader when he was called upon to do, I'm positive that DC would be in knots more so then now with Paul as Commander and Chief!

Yet I do support the "Torch" and simply end DC, "Don't Mend it End it". Short of that keeping Obama or electing Paul is likely to do just that. Just that I agree more with Paul Domestic ideas of civil liberties then I do with Romney, Gingrich or Obama, basically all three are peas in a pod.

19. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

From the OP's link....

Paul will offer this open endorsement to the four candidates because each has signed onto a policy statement that calls for “balancing budgets, bring troops home, personal liberties and investigating the Federal Reserve,” the Paul aide said.

20. Til the Last Drop

Til the Last Drop Well-Known Member Past Donor

I noticed the shill skipped this. I wonder why? LOL

21. Calminian

Calminian New Member

As I said, most racists accept certain token blacks, so long as they know their place.

22. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

Yea, just like most racists deliver biracial babies free of charge...:roll:

23. Til the Last Drop

Til the Last Drop Well-Known Member Past Donor

LOL. You're supposed to stretch before you post. That leg you're pulling is your own.

24. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Paul is a Freak.A political anathema.He bludgeons his own
    credibility.I mean,how out of touch can one be to support the wild
    haired racist,Cynthia McKinney.She's a flat out Whitey Hater from
    Atlanta.

25. Someone

Someone New Member

Yeah, that ruthless courting of the tremendous political power of the... green party?