+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: If I get my GF pregnant...Can I or should I tell her to get an Abortion?

1. Default If I get my GF pregnant...Can I or should I tell her to get an Abortion?

I worry sometimes you know? Could I tell her to get an Abortion because I don't want any kids. I'm oppossed to abortion as you know...but I don't want kids and it's really up to her. Do I have the right to tell her to get one?
    "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible" -George Washington

2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jedimiller View Post
    I worry sometimes you know? Could I tell her to get an Abortion because I don't want any kids. I'm oppossed to abortion as you know...but I don't want kids and it's really up to her. Do I have the right to tell her to get one?
    In a word, no. You can suggest it but the ultimate decision rests with her.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    In a word, no. You can suggest it but the ultimate decision rests with her.
    I worry sometimes JB. Because I always, you know, I finish in her...(you fill in the rest)...Don't want to get graphic...But she says she has the T. it has worked for a year or so...but what if it fails. that's when I worry. But I should bring it up and talk to her about it right? because I keep telling her I don't want kids and she should respect that.
    "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible" -George Washington

5. Default

I worry sometimes JB. Because I always, you know, I finish in her...(you fill in the rest)...Don't want to get graphic...But she says she has the T. it has worked for a year or so...but what if it fails. that's when I worry. But I should bring it up and talk to her about it right? because I keep telling her I don't want kids and she should respect that.
    Just a suggestion but consider using a condom with an anti-spermicidal. Very effective and you'll both have peace of mind while at the same time enjoying relations. I get the impresssion that you're in your late teens or early twenties. The last thing that either of you want is an unwanted pregnancy.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Just a suggestion but consider using a condom with an anti-spermicidal. Very effective and you'll both have peace of mind while at the same time enjoying relations. I get the impresssion that you're in your late teens or early twenties. The last thing that either of you want is an unwanted pregnancy.
    Haha, Thanks JB. No, I i'm 39. I just have doubts about those things, still to this day. I can never be 100% sure with the things women do these days. I don't like condoms at all. And she says that the T is 98% good. And I've done research on it too. says it works. I know I shouldn't trust it, I guess i'm gambling a life away. I have told her, before we started dating that I didn't want kids...and everytime we DO IT, I worry JB. Still to this day at this age. I guess the worry is always there. I just don't want to impose my beliefs on her.

Haha, Thanks JB. No, I i'm 39. I just have doubts about those things, still to this day. I can never be 100% sure with the things women do these days. I don't like condoms at all. And she says that the T is 98% good. And I've done research on it too. says it works. I know I shouldn't trust it, I guess i'm gambling a life away. I have told her, before we started dating that I didn't want kids...and everytime we DO IT, I worry JB. Still to this day at this age. I guess the worry is always there. I just don't want to impose my beliefs on her.
    The statement in bold is very sad, you have absolutely no qualms about killing your child... hmmm... Abortion should not be used as a form of birth control, from your statement I trust you do not car about the life you are taking so you should conciser the psychological and physical damage that can be caused by aborting a child.

If you do not ever want to have a child (benefit for humanity) please think about neutering yourself as this is 100% effective.

Also you should see what kind of intrauterine device she is using as some are reduced in effectiveness over time (hormonal, especially after the first year) and the life span on a copper one is about 10 years.

A condom + a iud is almost 100% effective plus the risk of disease transmission is cut.

So answering your question, no, you have no right to tell her what to do since you are taking no precautions and placing all the risk and respectability on her.
    Last edited by cd8ed; Jan 02 2012 at 07:43 AM.
    "Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself, and where they are they should be changed." -Carter
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Tytler
    Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever." ~Mark 13:31

8. Default

I know I would get a bunch of dramatic responses. I know i'm doing wrong, I should be using a condom. But when all comes the worst the question remains. should a man tell his GF to have an abortion? Not force it on her, just ask her...nicely. what is wrong with that? i'm sure it happens all the time right?

9. Default

I can't ever tell if you're trolling or serious. If you're really a Christian, this shouldn't even be a question. The answer should be obvious.
    "It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster." - Voltaire

THIRTY NINE? have you been married before? Are you living with mom and pop? in the basement? Yu have got to be joking.

11. Default

The rules in this matter are pretty one-sided. Men have control over one means of birth control. If that one fails, they have no say over whether or not the child is born, yet can be held financially responsible for that child for the next 18+ years.

Meanwhile the woman has control over numerous forms of birth control, has 100% say over whether or not to abort the pregnancy and can force the father to pay to support that child.

Overall it just seems a bit unbalanced.
    TANSTAAFL

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast