If I get my GF pregnant...Can I or should I tell her to get an Abortion?

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by jedimiller, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jedimiller

jedimiller Well-Known Member

I worry sometimes you know? Could I tell her to get an Abortion because I don't want any kids. I'm oppossed to abortion as you know...but I don't want kids and it's really up to her. Do I have the right to tell her to get one?

2. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

In a word, no. You can suggest it but the ultimate decision rests with her.

3. jedimiller

I worry sometimes JB. Because I always, you know, I finish in her...(you fill in the rest)...Don't want to get graphic...But she says she has the T. it has worked for a year or so...but what if it fails. that's when I worry. But I should bring it up and talk to her about it right? because I keep telling her I don't want kids and she should respect that.

4. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just a suggestion but consider using a condom with an anti-spermicidal. Very effective and you'll both have peace of mind while at the same time enjoying relations. I get the impresssion that you're in your late teens or early twenties. The last thing that either of you want is an unwanted pregnancy.

5. jedimiller

Haha, Thanks JB. No, I i'm 39. I just have doubts about those things, still to this day. I can never be 100% sure with the things women do these days. I don't like condoms at all. And she says that the T is 98% good. And I've done research on it too. says it works. I know I shouldn't trust it, I guess i'm gambling a life away. I have told her, before we started dating that I didn't want kids...and everytime we DO IT, I worry JB. Still to this day at this age. I guess the worry is always there. I just don't want to impose my beliefs on her.

6. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

The statement in bold is very sad, you have absolutely no qualms about killing your child... hmmm... Abortion should not be used as a form of birth control, from your statement I trust you do not car about the life you are taking so you should conciser the psychological and physical damage that can be caused by aborting a child.

If you do not ever want to have a child (benefit for humanity) please think about neutering yourself as this is 100% effective.

Also you should see what kind of intrauterine device she is using as some are reduced in effectiveness over time (hormonal, especially after the first year) and the life span on a copper one is about 10 years.

A condom + a iud is almost 100% effective plus the risk of disease transmission is cut.

So answering your question, no, you have no right to tell her what to do since you are taking no precautions and placing all the risk and respectability on her.

7. jedimiller

I know I would get a bunch of dramatic responses. I know i'm doing wrong, I should be using a condom. But when all comes the worst the question remains. should a man tell his GF to have an abortion? Not force it on her, just ask her...nicely. what is wrong with that? i'm sure it happens all the time right?

8. Unifier

Unifier New Member

I can't ever tell if you're trolling or serious. If you're really a Christian, this shouldn't even be a question. The answer should be obvious.

9. MisLed

MisLed New Member

THIRTY NINE? have you been married before? Are you living with mom and pop? in the basement? Yu have got to be joking.

10. hiimjered

hiimjered Well-Known Member Past Donor

The rules in this matter are pretty one-sided. Men have control over one means of birth control. If that one fails, they have no say over whether or not the child is born, yet can be held financially responsible for that child for the next 18+ years.

Meanwhile the woman has control over numerous forms of birth control, has 100% say over whether or not to abort the pregnancy and can force the father to pay to support that child.

Overall it just seems a bit unbalanced.

11. MisLed

MisLed New Member

Your girlfriend should kick your butt to the curb and go find a man.

Felicity and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

If you are worried about getting your GF pregnant, slap on a condom and you won't need to worry.

13. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

If you refuse to use a condom, you are the one responsible for getting her pregnant. No, you don't have the right to ask her to have an abortion. YOu should have discussed this before you started having sex.

I agree with you. Not many woman do, but this one does.

14. jedimiller

No she's responsible..because she claims her birth control works and that I don't have to worry about it. So if it doesn't, it's her fault for lying right? It's like I told you that you couldn't get the flu by kissing me and you do.

15. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

Easy answer, Yes you should tell her not to.

16. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Well-Known Member

You can tell her anything you want. Doesn't mean she has to listen to you or do what you say.

If you want to be 100% sure that she isn't going to become pregnant, DO NOT HAVE SEX WITH HER. Pretty simple.

If you're OK with 99.99% then use a condom YOURSELF.

It's completely up to you whether you "trust" your GF to tell the truth about what precautions she is taking. But if you don't want kids YOU should take the responsibility and YOU take precautions for YOURSELF. You should not rely on her to always remember the pill or to always tell the truth about it unless you are willing to ACCEPT THE RISK that she might for whatever reason, fail to use contraception, even just one time.

And @hiimjered: Biology is one sided, life is a (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) sometimes.

17. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's YOUR responsibility to know that birth control fails. A 2% failure rate results in a lot of unplanned pregnancies. 2% doesn't sound like very much until you're a part of the 2%, then you're 100% pregnant. You had better do your part to protect yourself, or don't complain about the child support.

Makedde and (deleted member) like this.
  18. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

If you're opposed to abortion and don't want kids, you need to get a vasectomy. All forms of birth control have a failure rate.

Edit: In terms of the vasectomy, if you are 39 yrs old and don't want kids, it's not gonna change. Be a man and get one.

19. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

98% good, means that there is a 2% chance that over a year of regular sex she will get pregnant.

20. Whaler17

So, in other words, he must be punished for havng sex?

21. _Lisa_

_Lisa_ New Member

Wear a condom, idiot....it's not rocket science.....don't depend on some woman to make sure YOU don't create a baby that YOU don't want. If you get her pregnant, you are at her mercy. SHE will decide the direction of your life for you.

Get it?

22. Whaler17

Come on deathers, Afraid to admit to your double standard?

23. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

I think we actually agree on something for once.

24. Unifier

Unifier New Member

When I first glanced at your post, I thought it said, "Your girlfriend should stick it in her butt." And I thought, "Yeah, I guess that would work too."

25. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Plenty of Christians support reproductive choice.

www.rcrc.org