The Romney guys take on Iowa. :)

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by MnBillyBoy, Jan 4, 2012.

1. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

The biggest loser 1 st.

IMO is Newt Gingrich..Newt, some of us are old enough remember you.
    You are a bitter..cranky fool who sees himself as some sort of savior of the Republican party. Your speech at the end really shows how you whine and cry when you dont get your way and ATTACK others in the very same manner you argue against.
    America has been exposed to the real Newt.. so go ahead and NUKE ROMNEY in N.H. BRING IT....Most Americans will be glad to bury you in obscurity.

2nd Biggest loser ..Michele Bachmann
    80 times better than Santorum in every regard. THE CHURCH threw her under the bus. Santorum surged when her guy left for Santorum..The lord works in Mysterious ways in Iowa.

3rd Biggest loser ..and a big wew in my mind is Rick Perry who is going back to Texas... he was my biggest worry in S.C. not Newt.

4th ..Huntsmann.. Ignoring IOWA then commenting about corn and cows..I CAN SAY that..But YOU cant.

Winners.
    3rd place. Paul.
    I could go on and on about how he didnt win with all that support..but he did great.I dont see him getting the same support in N.H. and many other states going forward..but..he still is dangerous.
    To America.

2nd Place. Romney ..even at this time it aint official but he survived the anti Mormon anybody but Mitt tactic..Other states will not be so penile after S.C. . he showed the right tactic in taking down Newt in 2 weeks from mid 30 % to like 12 % ?
    YOU may not agree with it, and Newt might hate it..but it WORKED.

1st.Santorum.
    Un vetted...un challenged on his record until the last day and the recipient of the secret anti Mormon vote that the church put out ..just like last time.
    I have several church going relatives in Iowa..I know what I am talking about..When you see exit polling from strong evangelical areas saying they supported Santorum on the economic issues you know the secret is out.

Iowa shows it is about religion and issues that drive folks AWAY from the Republican party.
    Gay marriage..abortion...serving only one religion.
    Democrats carried the state and now you know why.

Let the spin ..begin

Teutorian and (deleted member) like this.
  2. FLLibertarian

FLLibertarian New Member

Romney is just Obama light.

3. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Is the counting done yet? It's still too close to call between Santorum and Romney.

Regardless, they both won. Statistical tie.

4. Parity

Parity Banned

5. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

This is kind of interesting. The vote count doesn't necessarily equal the delegate count. Here's something from an article tonight on this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior advisors for Paul's coalitions team told Business Insider this week that the campaign's organizational strategy was focused not only on getting as many votes as they can, but in making sure that their volunteers stuck around after the voting to make sure that they were nominated as delegates to the county's Republican convention — the first step towards being appointed as a delegate to the Republican National Convention.

That's because Iowa's Republican caucuses are actually non-binding — it's technically just a straw poll. The only thing that will get Paul's — or any other candidate's — Iowa supporters to Tampa next year is if they stuck around and volunteered, or were elected, as delegates.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-...utton&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=politics

6. Brewskier

Romney's kids are creepy looking.

7. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

It is down to the wire. Santorum is holding on by 5 votes. All Romney needs is a few votes in Polk County.

8. Brewskier

That's an insanely close race. This is a statistical tie, either way.

9. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

Isn't Iowa a winner-take-all state?

10. Brewskier

Well, they don't actually get anything for winning except bragging rights. If someone comes in 2nd by 5 votes, I don't think anybody is going to look down on him.

11. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

From my perspective, if Santorum hangs on, it proves that Romney will get the nomination. However, if Romney ends up as the winner, he 100% gets the nomination, no if's, and's, or but's.

12. Brewskier

I think New Hampshire and especially South Carolina will be better indicators than Iowa.

If you would have told me last week Santorum would win the Iowa caucus, I wouldn't have believed you.

13. Brewskier

8 more precincts to go... Santorum still in the lead by 34 votes.

14. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

It was an unexpected climb. However, I don't think anyone predicted that Romney was expected to be this successful in Iowa. I was expecting that ground level organization would win in Iowa. Therefore, Paul and Santorum actually seemed more credible.

15. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

It's a tug of war. The difference is 13 votes.

16. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

19 vote difference.

17. Brewskier

What site are you looking at? I'm still seeing a 30+ vote difference with 8 precincts left.

18. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

No I have a 30+ vote difference. On CNN, it is an 18 vote difference. It is a bit behind google and Fox.

19. Brewskier

Meh, I'm going to bed. I'll assume Santorum won, but if Romney squeaks by, I won't be surprised.

20. Corfieldb

Corfieldb New Member

Rick Santorum, Mitt Romney split win in Iowa caucus...

Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney wound up in a photo-finish in last night's Iowa Caucus. Libertarian candidate Ron Paul came in third, followed by Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann.

The breakdown: (with 99.0% reporting)

1) Santorum 24.6%
    2) Romney 24.6%
    3) Paul 21.3%
    4) Gingrich 13.3%
    5) Perry 10.3%
    6) Bachmann 5%
    7) Huntsman <1%

Rick Santorum has to be thrilled with his performance. Just a few weeks ago thought to be dead in the water, Santorum's timing was perfect as he rode a late surge to outperform several other Republicans who had peaked earlier in this campaign season. This finish should help Santorum immensely with financial donations and Santorum heads to New Hampshire. Mitt Romney is also likely pleased with the outcome given that just a few weeks ago, Romney wasn't even trying to compete in Iowa. With the massive lead Romney has in the New Hampshire polls, look for the former Massachusetts Governor to have quite the head of steam as he heads to South Carolina and Florida.

Ron Paul's 3rd place finish surprised me a bit as I had drank the kool-aid and felt his supporters were more organised and more enthused than anyone else's, but, I was wrong. He's got money so we'll see how...

To continue reading, click here...

21. ptif219

ptif219 Well-Known Member

So no matter what after one Caucus it is Romney in your liberal Opinion. Well then why even have any more primaries or a GOP convention?

22. Brewskier

Diplomat is one of the few liberals here whose opinion I actually respect.

23. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

Romney is a shoe-in to win New Hampshire. South Carolina could go the evangelical route or mainstream route. In the 2008 elections, there is quite a balance between those two demographics. However, Romney has the funding. We will see if Santorum can get on his high horse. Gignrich could still make a dent in South Carolina.

Florida is a toss-up, but the evangelical demographic is less prevalent. Romney and Gingrich will fight for that state. As of right now, Romney seems to be the guy.

Honestly speaking, I am not expecting Paul to have a better performance that he did in Iowa.

24. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

That is because I don't share many of the views of liberals on economics. I consider myself a libertarian-leaning centrist.

25. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

CNN is reporting a 1 vote lead by Romney, wow!