I have a feeling that Romney is so concerned with being a 'good guy'

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by axuality, Jan 5, 2012.

1. axuality

axuality Banned

that he allows circumstances to be created and to exist which make him look sometimes under-confident, a bit flip-floppy, even a bit untrustworthy.

But my good sense tells me that he is actually an amazingly good human being
    with abilities to match those of Newt.

I think that for one thing, Romney is constricted by the thought that we must not care too much about ourselves, or chance hurting others.

I think that he is so careful to be what he sees is a good person, that he actually carries it too far, and appears outwardly to have negative traits that he ACTUALLY does not have.

I am religious, and I respect Mormonism and at the same time, I think that you can probably thank Mormonism for not only a lot of Romney's goodness, but also for a lot of Romney's problems. He's TOO scared to fully show the strong, intelligent, FAIR, tough leader that he is.

The news: Jesus said think of others. He didn't say don't fly your flag, Mitt.

Romney is Presidential to the hilt. I think he's just kind of embarrassed and uncomfortable to be quite as qualified as he actually is. :)

2. TheLastBoyScout

TheLastBoyScout New Member

Romney probably is a really nice guy, but if you are a conservative, you have to forgive a lot of his policy and his lack of principled stands to get behind him.

He also seems a little stiff....kind of a stuffed shirt. Al Gore was a wooden figure when he was running for office.... It's probably just how Mitt comes off....but making impressions is what the president has to do every day.

If he looks a little stiff and disconnected, that's probably the kind of president he would be.

3. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

I think Romney is just patient. He's waiting for the other candidates to run out of money or make some major misstep.

4. conBgone

conBgone Banned

Jeez, here we go again with this 'nice guy' crap. None of the con-didates past/present is a nice person, they're all self-centered sellout con job egotists that care nothing for their fellow man except to accept their $$$ and votes and then cowtow to anybody with megabux when in power while totally ignoring the reg. Joe.

5. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

You know whats wrong with America..This quoted Post.
    You see just because somebody has views you dont agree with doesn't make them a sellout.
    If you cant be rich without lying and cheating doesn't mean every other successful person has cheated or lied,or been unfaithful.
    This so called belief that every politician is a sell out is not right.Sure they are politicians and keep their options open..( the Hunt For Red October ) as any good politician does.

Romney has more money than he needs as he has given more to charity than everyone of these candidates has earned.He is not in it for the money UN Like Newt and his book tour without signing or getting on state ballots.
    He is not like Santorum a Religious double standard life person looking for salvation .Perry ? Now there's corruption for power and fame..look at his real Texas record.

Where did these guys file in Va ?
    It was only to stop or prevent Romney..they were never the main course.
    Their religious crusade to bring down the Mormon..They are skipping from religious state to religious state in effort to derail an honest un corrupted man.They are willing to give themselves up 1 at a time to bring Romney down..It is so open with Perry and Santorum..Newt was the true anointed one.Now he is the N.H firewall against Romney.

Every one of these self proclaimed Moral politicians that wear it on their sleeve for GOD is corrupt in their political life..exception with Bachmann.
    We all know people like this personally.." I am a religious person..you can trust me.." How well do that work out
    in your business dealings ?
    If they say it ..beware.

Ron Paul and Romney are different..I cant see Paul in it for money and power..Neither can I for Romney.
    Unless you can show corruption..in any of their political or moral lives I would say your opinion is truly jaded .