Should people be allowed to create their own vehicles and drive it in public?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by DeathStar, Jan 7, 2012.

?

Should they?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2014.
  1. Yes, as long as it isn't extremely dangerous

100.0%
  2. No, we should force people to live unnecessarily expensive lifestyles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

It pisses me off that it's illegal to create your own vehicle to drive on the road. Granted, some vehicles that people could hypothetically create should arguably be illegal to drive on the road, but I don't wanna pay boo-coos to the freakin gas companies or repair shops just to drive a unnecessarily big ass hulking gas guzzling thing (which refers to ALL cars that I see on the road IMHO), or drive a motorcycle because to hell with all that, so I'd rather be able to do some creative things that I've imagined and build a simple non-expensive vehicle not spend so much on transportation.

I'd also rather not be forced to pay for car insurance, but that's a whole other story.

2. Biggidy

Biggidy New Member

It depends, is the car a danger to others, even in non-obvious ways? Does it interfere with the abilities of other drivers? Is it hell for the environment? Is it a hazard?

3. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

I've seen quite a few odd looking vehicles on the road at one time or another. Are you sure its illegal?

4. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

I'd like to drive a primitive but effective light, very small-engine car that maybe has a cage to for some protection and is conveniently small. Most people tend to buy big gas guzzlers because well, partly because a lot of (older, middle aged) people like these big ass things because they're "comfortable" and whatnot, and partly because that's the only thing available through the market. A self-reinforcing thing

I think, all things considered, cars could be much more efficient and smaller and less costly, and still be fairly safe.

5. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

Yeah, if you get caught

6. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

My father in law built a dune buggy from scratch that he registered and can drive on the road so I really don't see why this isn't possible.

7. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

You can legally create your own car from a kit and have it registered but I don't know about the idea I'm referring to

8. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Banned

Homebuilt cars can be titled & driven in every state...I know several people who have them.

9. MisLed

MisLed New Member

Did Henry Ford get permission?

I guess our creativity and independence is at an end, heh?

10. Doctor

Doctor New Member

Of course not. It endangers others lives!

11. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

As long as it meets requirements, but I am for automated highway system, just so you know. under my leadership, there will be a requirement for all cars to have a chip within that will allow drivers to fall asleep while driving. this technology was available over 20 years ago, but development was stalled due to special interest controll of "free" governments. pvsi.net will fix this and take advantage of all the technological advancements