Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Related Deaths In America 2012

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStrSt8 View Post
    No one has ever been killed by a firearm....
    Umm...

What do I say to that?
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

"The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

australia au queensland
    Location: QLD, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Orion Spur, Milky Way

Only about 300 or so people are murdered in Australia each year by all causes. It'd make a pretty boring thread.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    Being killed while driving a car is usually due to the person speeding or acting like a lunatic behind the wheel, so again, personal choice.
    It's not MY personal choice if someone else behind the wheel of THEIR car "acts like a lunatic" and ends up crashing into ME. Hence, the analogy between cars and guns is valid.

Spotty, junk food will only kill you if you eat too much of it. Its a persons choice to eat that much. Now, I can't wave a Big Mac around and kill someone with it, can I? But I can kill someone in an instant with a gun.

Also, eating too much bad food and dying isn't an act of violence.
    Being killed while driving a car is usually due to the person speeding or acting like a lunatic behind the wheel, so again, personal choice.
    But by sheer numbers of fatalities, more people are killed by the junk they consume than by being shot. That's why the junk food is so horrible - it's insidious. You see a firearm and you instantly recognize the possibility of danger, but very, very few people look at a Quarter Pounder with cheese, large fries, and a large Coke and see them for the dangers they are.

True, you can't instantly kill someone with a BigMac the way you can with a bullet - so I guess what we're debating is the difference between suicide and murder.

There are statistics I obtained from the United States Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics that I posted elsewhere in this sub-forum, that show the highest rate of firearm homicide in the United States is amongst young (<25 y/o) black males. That is the demographic where most of the everyday, run-of-the-mill firearm murders happen.

Admittedly, there will be another high-profile shooting sometime this year somewhere in the United States - you can almost depend on it. And, there will also probably be an accident with significant loss of life involving a passenger airliner this year as well.

Nonetheless, I don't board an airliner and worry about the possibility of death. Nor do I walk into my local shopping mall and worry about the possibility of a crazed gunman. Both of these could happen, but I view the possibility as being so remote as not to matter.

In all honestly, should I get shot, my only hope is that I go quickly like JFK did.

If you've never seen the film of the JFK assassination, here it is. I warn you in advance, it's a horribly graphic piece of American history --

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXI0WSlTGw]Zapruder film[/ame]
    SpotsCat is a ® trademark of SpotsCat Intergalactic Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use of the exceptionally witty material contained herein shall be prostituted to the fullest extent. Trespassers will be shot. No glass bottles in the pool area. Brush your teeth and wear clean underwear.

Umm...

What do I say to that?
    You say 'you're right,no gun has ever loaded itself and shot anyone'
    Out to the road,out 'neath the stars,feelin' the breeze,passing the cars.....

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStrSt8 View Post
    You say 'you're right,no gun has ever loaded itself and shot anyone'
    Then why didnt you say that? Your statement here shows that your original statement was erroneous. Why did you post a statement you knew to be false?
    Die dulci fruere

Are you gonna count gangbangers killing each other as gun related deaths to be held against legal gun owning americans?

8. Default

I'm compiling a list of all the people killed by firearms in the US this year,
    2012. I want to see how many people (innocent or otherwise) die by guns in one single year in America. Its to further strengthen my argument that guns should be illegal, or at least heaviliy restricted.

If anyone has anymore to add, please post them.

How about we start a thread about how many americans are killed by fast food workers each year...would be just as productive and useful as this one.
    People from OUTSIDE the USA have no right to try dictate policy within the USA.
    Last edited by efjay; Jan 14 2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiefree2ride View Post
    The carbon tax isn`t a tax either, and the easter bunny drives a truck at Mt Isa.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikezila View Post
    you might not have noticed, but i how much i offend D-bags isn't high on my list of concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by efjay View Post
    How about we start a thread about how many americans are killed by fast food workers each year...would be just as productive and useful as this one.
    People from OUTSIDE the USA have no right to try dictate policy within the USA.
    I have not force fed anyone junk food. That again is a personal choice. To be shot is not.
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

"The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

10. Default

I have not force fed anyone junk food. That again is a personal choice. To be shot is not.
    Gun sellers are not FORCING people to buy guns..your whole argument is silly and invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiefree2ride View Post
    The carbon tax isn`t a tax either, and the easter bunny drives a truck at Mt Isa.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikezila View Post
    you might not have noticed, but i how much i offend D-bags isn't high on my list of concerns.

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast