Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 505657585960

Thread: Gun Related Deaths In America 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    LOL, whaterever mister Reiver. You have shown yourself quite incapable of keeping an open mind on the issue and resort to one study, while ignoring all others, which shows only your narrow and biased reasoning.
    Another random reply. We both know that you cannot refer to anything to support your position. In contrast, I've actually bothered to review the literature.

You present your "hypothesis" as the only hypothesis
    More randomness! There are of course other hypothesis (e.g. 'gun control reduces death rates'). You won't like the findings there though!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Why is this thread still open at almost 600 posts????
    Because we rawk!
    SpotsCat is a ® trademark of SpotsCat Intergalactic Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use of the exceptionally witty material contained herein shall be prostituted to the fullest extent. Trespassers will be shot. No glass bottles in the pool area. Brush your teeth and wear clean underwear.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Another random reply. We both know that you cannot refer to anything to support your position. In contrast, I've actually bothered to review the literature.

More randomness! There are of course other hypothesis (e.g. 'gun control reduces death rates'). You won't like the findings there though!
    Do you even understand what random means? I think not. Just a poor pathetic attempt to deflect from your biased reasoning.
    Last edited by Hoosier8; Feb 26 2012 at 06:59 PM.
    Omitting the ‘doubts, the caveats, the ifs, ands and buts’ is not a morally neutral act; it is a subtle deception that calls scientific practice into disrepute.

Climate scientists face an ethical choice: do they conform to established ethical standards of scientific practice or do they sacrifice those standards in favour of actions and statements that will be more likely to shape public opinion and climate policy in their preferred direction?

Peter Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    You reply quite randomly again. I'm referring to the evidence. One piece of research stands out in support of the 'more guns=less crime' hypothesis. That comes from Lott. Its since been rejected as empirically biased. Did I reject it? Is it my opinion? No, its simply the result of an understanding of econometric bias and how, when that is eliminated, we're left with a simple fact: the 'more guns=more crime' cannot be rejected
    And we're using descriptive statistics when we look at the AIC report, the Dept. of Justice data, the FBI Uniform Crime Reports.

That data allows us to create a statistical inference, which you constantly fail to accept because it contradicts your "MG=MC" hypothesis.
    SpotsCat is a ® trademark of SpotsCat Intergalactic Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use of the exceptionally witty material contained herein shall be prostituted to the fullest extent. Trespassers will be shot. No glass bottles in the pool area. Brush your teeth and wear clean underwear.

usa us washington
    My Latest Mood: Amused

Default Moderator Announcement

Thanks for all that participated in this thread. It has far exceeded the 500 post limit, therefore it is now closed.

Jiyuu-Freedom
    Site Moderator
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    Abraham Lincoln
    Rand Paul/Marco Rubio 2016 election
    Some people need to take the board out of their own eye before trying to take the splinter out of mine.

6. Default

over 500 time for a new thread!!
    Don't Blame Me I Voted For Gary Johnson

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 505657585960