Support of Turkey doesn’t make sense

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by alan131210, Jan 16, 2012.

1. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

By Yossi Feituch

January 16, 2012

How to explain the idiosyncrasies of our Middle East diplomacy that includes a bizarre love affair with Turkey’s Islamist regime?

While President Barack Obama supports the idea of an Arab Palestinian state — even as its constituents contemplate no scenario of peaceful co-existence with or acceptance of the legitimacy of Israel as a Jewish state, as is reflected, for instance, in Palestinian curricular schoolbooks — he denies the idea of a Kurdish state in southeastern Turkey, though no Kurd doubts the legitimacy of Islamic Turkey as a nation-state.

Indeed, the Obama administration is a staunch ally of Turkey in its quest to defeat the Kurdish desire for self-determination — recently, we supplied Ankara with three Super Cobra attack helicopters and four pilotless Predator drones.

Yet we cannot even get the neo-Ottoman regime, in return for siding with it in its full-blown war against the Kurdistan Workers Party, to be less anti-American, if only by mitigating its promotion of radical Islamism (aka Muslim Brotherhood) in Egypt and Libya, not to mention its embrace of terrorist organizations Hamas and Hezbollah and, until recently, Syria; or to end its systematic undercutting of U.S.-led sanctions against Iran, whose fast track to making a nuclear weapon does not concern it one bit; or, at the least, to nudge it earnestly to mend its broken relations with Israel, a bona fide and important U.S. ally.

www.columbiatribune.com

2. tuanprolib

tuanprolib New Member

Turkey is acting in it's own best interests and that is to be the moral center of the M.E. They broke with Israel and Syria, and have continued attacking the Kurds in Iraq (where anti Turk forces take sanctuary.) Makes sense to me. Their brand of Islamism is a far cry from Iran's and Saudia Arabia's.

3. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

Turkey is invading non Turkish lands , the land of kurds , they dont deserve weapon they deserve to be punished to stop occupying kurdish lands and depriving kurds of their own rights on their own home land ..... that does not make sense and a world needs a leader that will look at peoples best interest not selfishness .

turkey is also occupying Greek lands in Cyrus ... so yes they do deserve a kick out from NATO and on top they deserve a blow to be shown their own place , you are not more superior to me therefore the article makes very good sense in every possible way .

4. tuanprolib

tuanprolib New Member

The US should be as well! They invaded non US lands twice in this decade! And yes I am more superior to you!:date:

5. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

Turkey doest not have a lot of support i Washington , then Turkey doest like American civilization

6. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

American support for Turkey is counter-intuitive. It's an Obama phenomenon. When he ultimately leaves office support for Turkey will evaporate. Among American conservatives the idea is spreading that Turkey is hostile to America in all things. The Turkish movie Valley of the Wolves should be shown to American audiences to acquaint them with Turkish hatred of America.

7. AshenLady

AshenLady New Member Past Donor

Theis nation of anti-semetic Muslims, of the Turkey kind, who are responsible for genocide of the Armenians are despicable in their denial of the self-same. At least the Germans owned up to what they did and are contrite.

8. The Turk

The Turk New Member

Supporting Turkey makes quite a bit of sense. First of all, Turkey is actually much stronger than what she appears to be. Why the world don't notice the true power of Turkey is because Turkey gets what she wants from the Western political system, so she plays nicely. When something goes wrong with the region, Turkey can take extremely aggressive position, the last 500 years of Turkish history is a proof of this. The US knows Turkey's capability very well, so that's why Turkey is in NATO since almost the beginning. The US-Turkey relations didn't start with the Obama administration, and will not end with Obama.

Supporting Turkey makes sense because Turkey is de facto boss of the region. Turkey is much more powerful than Iran and can be a much better bad*ss than Iran If you can do something in the region without Turkey's supervision. The WW 1 is a good history lesson for the both parties.

Though this can not really make much sense for some Texan republicans. They have little knowledge on international relations, so that's understandable. Also It's quite interesting to see some anti-Turkish reactions grow in the US. That's also a good thing, I guess. Thus the American people can get a chance to know Turkey more.

9. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

its only your statement...

10. Albert Di Salvo

You're whistling past the graveyard pal. We know the Turks all too well. Turks are united in their hostility to Americans.

Once the Iranians get the bomb Turkey is screwed. I don't care. Serves you right. Hell, the Turks can't even defeat an insurgency on their own soil.

11. The Turk

The Turk New Member

Alberto, I just realized that I really missed your day dreamings. And I like your anti Turkish attitude, too. It's so false. :-D

Anyway have fun when Turkey is getting nuked. :date:

12. Albert Di Salvo

Do you know what happened to the Ottoman Sultan Beyazid at the hands of Timur?

13. The Turk

The Turk New Member

Here we go again. Albert's random question of the day. And no, that's not the most humiliating part of the Turkish history. Note that I have no intention to glorify the Turkish history, I was merely pointing at the historical continuity of the Turkish dominance over region, which may give you a clue why the US wants to side with Turkey.

14. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

Turkey needs to be kicked out of NATO then kurds will deal with turkey . we will make them say sorry to every single Greek Armenian Assyrian and kurds they have killed and the kurds they keep killing 35 innocent kurds killed few weeks ago and the 7 kurds from Iraqi kurdistan back in oct 11 , turkey is a terrorist state and the world needs to speak up and grow some balls like France ....

a kurdish spring will start in turkey liberating the occupied kurdish lands in turkey .

15. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDBTut1nIrY"]Rick Perry Calls Turkish Leaders Islamic Terrorists and asks to kick out Turkey out of NATO - YouTube[/ame]

listen to 0:41 he speaks of kurds . i want this guy to be next US president i will prey to God.

16. Albert Di Salvo

The only thing the Turks are going to end up dominating is the seraglio. You Turks invented the term after Sultan Beyazid's humiliation.

In the fullness of time Turkey will lose sovereignty over Northern Kurdistan. It's inevitable.

The only thing Turks make are enemies.

17. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

totally agreed !

18. The Turk

The Turk New Member

Sultan Beyazid's humiliation doesn't make any difference when it comes to realpolitik. Besides the story of Sultan Beyazid doesn't touch me since I have no special symphaty towards the Ottoman Sultans. So your argumentation based on the story of Sultan Beyazid is simply irrelevant, though quite entertaining.

As for Norther Kurdistan, the power of Turkey doesn't come from Northern Kurdistan, and the US's desire to be closer with Turkey, is not because Turkey possesses Northern Kurdistan.

What's more I am a supporter of the Kurdish independence, too. A possible Kurdistan state will make Turkey more powerful and more stable since Kurdistan would be a natural buffer between Turkey and the most unstable and unintegrated part of the world, namely Iraq and Iran.

As for the enemies. Well, the US has plenty of enemies as well, so? Turkey is strong enough to crush those enemies just like the US.

19. tuanprolib

tuanprolib New Member

Absolute nonsense! Turkey was an ally during W and with Bolton at the UN. We have plenty of allies who dis us at home. Turkey sits at the nexus of Europe and the M.E. and the East. So what if there Islam lite, we're buddies with Saudia Arabia!

20. tuanprolib

tuanprolib New Member

21. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

Allan did not allow Muslim turks to destroy 3000 kurdish Muslim villages Allah does not ok assimilation by you people towards 15+ million kurds . Allah did not allow the massacre of Dersim recently your PM apologized to by Muslim turks to Muslim kurds . Allah did not allow Muslim turks to kill 35 innocent Muslim kurdish unarmed civilians which in this case makes Turkish army a terrorist army . Allah did not ok butchering 7 innocent Muslim civilian kurds including 5 kids in oct 11 in South kurdistan .. you turks are not Muslims otherwise you will not occupy a land which does not belong to you and then call the native people of that land "mountain turks" , deprive them of studying in their native mothers tongue and call their struggle for freedom and basic rights "war on terror" ... the only terrorist is your army that kills kurdish people , your end is inevitable with Allah's help like the Egyptians Tunisians Libyans now Syrians are doing , a kurdish spring will start and all hell will break loose . down with Kemalism down with racist turks down with occupation of northern kurdistan .

do not speak of Allah/God please you dont know anything about him nor do you fear his powers , but rest assured he will rescue kurds from tyrant nation of turks if the world is too shameless and gutless for their stupid "own interest" with turkey , how about the interest of the kurdish people !??

22. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

do Not Send Me Anymore Threatening Pms.. I Did Not Contact You.

23. tuanprolib

tuanprolib New Member

How about staying on the question? Let me spell it out. You prayed to Allah to make Perry President; Perry dropped out. So much for your prayer.

24. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

my prayer is for a brave leader that takes Kurdish interest into account not just its own foreign policy , when that happens we will kick turkey's butt for all the (*)(*)(*)(*) they have caused everyone since always , we wont even need the Armenians Greeks or assyrians we will do it all ourselves , but first the F16s must go .