O'Reilly's book - KILLING LINCOLN

Discussion in 'Media & Commentators' started by Smartmouthwoman, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Who's read it?

[​IMG]

Fascinating book... hard to put it down. Just wondering if anybody else found it as intriguing as I did?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Killing-Lincoln-Shocking-Assassination-Changed/dp/0805093079"]Killing Lincoln[/ame]

2. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

I'm interested to know more. Was it really good? I have a Book Club and might add it to my list. The last book I read of Bill O'Reilly's, though, was a huge disappointment to me. Maybe since someone else helped him write this one, it's better?

Tell me more. Is it narrative style?

3. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

It wasn't easy reading. I caught myself re-reading paragraphs describing battles and war strategies. I would loved to have listened to the book on audio, but alas, the CD player in my car is busted. :(

I had two g-grandfathers who fought in the Civil War and reading the book seemed to bring them to life for me. I'd never really thought much of what they went thru, but reading about the hardships faced by the Confederate soldiers was heartbreaking and made me hope they missed that part. :(

Nothing really 'new' in the book, but I thought they did a good job of explaining the political maneuvering that went on in DC during and after the war. Fascinating stuff and not that much different than what we see today.

All in all, I think you'd enjoy it. It's one of those books that stays with you after you've read it. Amazon has mixed reviews, so not everybody agrees... but I think it's well worth the time spent reading it.

LOL, if nothing else, I'd love to have somebody to exchange opinions about it with!