Complain to your sitting member about the CARBON TAX SCAM

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by dumbanddumber, Jan 20, 2012.

1. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Do something about the carbon tax scam, complain to your sitting member.

Remember that most people that voted for the labor party voted for them because the promised not to introduce a carbon tax.

2. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Our politicians are all liars and fraudsters, here Penny Wong is against the carbon tax, what has changed between now and then?

We is she in favour of it now!

Yeah our automobile industry is headed over seas, not to mention our steel industry and our coal industry is going to be destroyed.

Thank you Penny and Julia and Wayne lets not forget that communist Bob brown either.

3. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

sorry mate, I am with you on the subject of Iran und internet zensorship, but not on the carbon tax.
    To put a price on carbon is one way to tackle the problem, the other is to reduce our footprint. We need both,
    cheers m2catter

4. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Hey Cats

I'm all for cleaning up our pollution, the carbon tax will do no such thing and so say about 80% of Australians.

Have you read the above, the people who actually scared us into AGW are now saying that climate change has nothing to do with environmental issues.

Its all about money money money it always has been.

Dude its a scam to fleece billions of dollars from the Australian tax payer.

Julia Wayne and Bob will be remembered for a long time but for all the wrong reasons imo.

5. m2catter

mate,
    we live on a hill, and many people stop their cars in front of our joint to enjoy the views, and guess what?
    Around 80% never stop their motors, they keep them idling, for 5min, or 10 or even 20min. So maybe those 80% are poorly educated, or cannot give a rats ass, or just don't care about our enviroment.
    Make energy more expensive, and one day even those idiots will learn....
    To tackle our global problems, it will require combined efforts, and carbon tax will help to achieve that goal, imho.
    Cheers

6. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

I sympathise with you about the environment, look at the yarra river in melbourne its filthy there is no way you or i or anyone would swim in it.

Dont get me wrong just because i'm against the carbon tax it doesn't mean i'm against cleaning up our environment.

The fact is the catbon tax will effect everything and this $5 per week nonsense our liar of a prime minister is spouting is just down right bull(*)(*)(*)(*).

It will efftect our energy consumption, our food our clothes everything you need and buy, much more than $5 per week.

And why do we have to be tied to the european ETS why cant we just fix it up right here at home the good old fashion way.

Imo the carbon tax the biggest SCAM we have ever been told as time will tell, and it will do nothing to clean up our pollution that is why i'm against it.

7. parker

parker New Member

Members from both parties have changed their minds on the issue. Remember how Tony Abbott said the best way to stop climate change was with a simple tax.

I am quite happy how my local member voted on the legislation.

8. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Its really refreshing to see such a young person take an interest in the future of ones country.

9. m2catter

The old fashioned way?
    The ones behind the power are Woolworth, Coles, Bunnings, the mining industry and so on. Gillard, Abbotts, all puppets.
    We could lead the world in renewables, not technology wise, but due to the simply fact that the sun is coming out our arse and that we are politically a stable continent.
    But you will never see that happen. Howard declined any progress on this matter, and all Labor is doing pinponging between our coal industry and the next fix in trying to get more votes. Without the Greens, Labor wouldn't do a thing....
    I won't vote for Gillard again, nor will I vote for Abbotts. I am sick that Australia is left behind in many ways.
    And you might be right, maybe even clothing becomes more expensive, but tell me a single other way for people to change their attitude if not through their wallets?
    Cheers

10. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

fair enough,

Just one last thing, if carbon credit farming is going to be part of the derivatives market on the stock exchange, do you still believe in the carbon tax?

Look here
    http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...climate-bill-carbon-trading-scam-century.html

11. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

Actually, you don't get to vote for either of them: you only vote for their party representatives (unless you're in Gillard's or Abbott's local electorate, of course).

However, I understand perfectly well what you mean: you won't vote for ALP or Liberal (and who could blame you?).

So, will you just not vote in the next election, or will you vote for a minor party?
    Remembering that your preferences will ultimately hand your vote to either the ALP or the Libs anyway.

12. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

13. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

14. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

Most people who voted for the ALP did so because they didn't want the Liberals in power and that's about it.

15. Panzerkampfwagen

Minor party reps and indies do win seats.

16. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

Yep, for sure. Am I'm glad they do.

However, if you're not in a safe minor/independent seat your vote will ultimately go to ALP or Liberal.

17. Panzerkampfwagen

It's the nature of the game. However, people shouldn't be scared to vote for a minor or an indie if that's what they want. We don't have the American system of winner take all. Voting for a minor or a rep will send a message.

18. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

Absolutely.

I never put major parties first: ALP and Liberal are always my last two numbers.

The problem is, the penultimate number is the one who wins my seat.

19. Panzerkampfwagen

I take it you don't have family first in your electorate? They go last on mine.

20. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

Good point.

If they run a candidate, they go last.

21. Panzerkampfwagen

(*)(*)(*)(*), wouldn't know what do do if One Nation was still around. Would they go after Family First?

One year I took all the how to vote cards off everyone I passed and then laughed at the One Nation person who then tried to offer me theirs.

22. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

Are you stilly whinging?!?!?

Most people that voted for the labor party voted for them because they promised to introduce a price on carbon. This is what they have done. Introduce a price on carbon. In accordance with their pre-election their policy. They are delivering what the people voted for.

Get over it. Nobody is listening to the deniers anymore. The world has moved on.

23. Adultmale

Adultmale Active Member Past Donor

This is no more than an oily, slithery, slimy excuse for the fact that Gillard and Swan categorically assured the Australian public that they would not introduce a carbon tax, or put a price on carbon, same thing, if they were elected. They told their lies knowingly and deliberately because there was much concern in the community and in business circles that a carbon tax would make everything more expensive and cause huge economic upheaval.
    They lied and after the next election they will be put into their political coffins with the lie on their lips.

24. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Hey no need to look any further than me, i WAS a labor supporter i voted for Gillard because of this,

AND THIS

Now WTF do those statements say?

Can you read and understand ENGLISH!

Like i keep telling you i also want to clean up the environment, the CARBON TAX is a SCAM and will do nothing of the sort.

Its designed to erode our living standards but you're just to much of a silly duffa to see through it.

Do you really think passing a CARBON TAX that will turn into a European ETS after three years and will be on the stock exchange traded as derivatives is the best way to clean up the Earth, dude its back to the drawing board for you my friend.

FAIL

25. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

So true AM,

Gillard and Swan are kamikaze's surely they know passing the CARBON TAX SCAM is political suicide.

Because 80% of Australians hate it and dont wont it.

But they have to obey their masters, the bankers.