Tea Party Jesus vs Christian Jesus

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Serlak2007, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Serlak2007

Serlak2007 Well-Known Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ocdAIXrUU"]Tea Party Jesus: Sermon on the Mall - YouTube[/ame]

I think this video is hilarious, it shows the faith that Tea Party follows has nothing to do with actual Christianism.

Johnny-C and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Serlak2007

Any tea party members want to comment?

3. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

That video BROKE MY HEART. It is so very relevant and true. :(

4. ptif219

ptif219 Well-Known Member

So the left belittles the tea party and Jesus and Christians with an absurd cartoon and this is real? More hypocrisy and hate from the left

5. Serlak2007

What exactly is absurd - what Jesus says in Bible or what tea party claims he said?

6. Johnny-C

That video was poignant! It clearly delineates the differences between what PIOUS politicians are saying vs. what Jesus The Christ said.

And the effect of what the video exposes, is what many American politicians claiming the HIGHEST moral ground should have regarded (in the meaning of what they say/promote).

Lies and hypocrisy take this nation NOWHERE, especially not to anywhere good spiritually. That video needs MANY MORE HITS period. It essentially sums up what's wrong with the politicians claiming that Jesus is who they are following. I say, if you BELIEVE in what you say about Christ... then SHOW (by your actions/policies) that you ARE OF CHRIST.

Some politicians on the Left deserve to be a part of that video... but MOST politicians on the Right (especially those leaning to the right of David Duke), need to hear and heed every word and the message (of the REAL Jesus) uttered in that video.

7. axuality

axuality Banned

In my opinion, the thing which is exactly absurd is the attempt you make with your post.

8. Serlak2007

So it is absurd to show absurdness of conservative philosophy? You don't sound very pro-freedom of speech...

9. Nemo

Nemo New Member

The so-called “religious right” composed of Christian fundamentalists (evangelical fanatics) and extremists, have hijacked the Republican party. They are not Christians, but the worst kind of political subversives. They are unethical and intellectually dishonest, their professed beliefs a perversion of Christ’s teachings, and their practices a corruption of the most basic tenets of Christian faith. They are, in short, pious frauds; they are anathema. It is they - not the Muslim terrorists - that pose the greatest threat to our nation.

10. ptif219

The demeaning way it is presented. it is an atheist style view of Jesus and Christians for political hate purposes.

Christians would never do this

11. ptif219

Where is the hit on democrats? Look at Obama he us never to blame. In recent weeks he is going to church because it is an election season. Obama is showing what a hypocrite he is.

Your cartoon is a hate piece that is disgusting and offensive to Christians.

12. ptif219

Yet the GOP is run by Washington establishment types that hate conservatives and Christians, that is why they support a liberal elitist Mormon like Romney.

13. Unifier

Unifier New Member

What the hell is "Christianism?" If you're going to try to be condescending, you should at least have a solid grasp of the terminology you're using.

14. Serlak2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianism

You are so 15 century!

15. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

So you agree with the video, then?

You're confusing me. :wierdface:

16. Daybreaker

I disagree. I'm a Christian and I thought the video made an excellent point.

And it makes no sense to criticize a video about the tea party because it doesn't attack democrats.

17. Daybreaker

Ummm ... establishment types and conservatives are virtually the same thing. I don't mean that as an insult, it's just what the words mean.

18. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

The Obama stooges who made the clip know neither Jesus nor the Tea Party.

19. Johnny-C

Amen to that!

20. Johnny-C

Stop making things up. The video addresses and stands on its own.

I saw all of that in the Tea Party, YEARS before that particular video.

The hypocrisy of those corrupted individuals will be the cause of their own demise.

21. BTeamBomber

BTeamBomber Well-Known Member

Apparently they know the Sermon on the Mount a heck of a lot more than you do. Did you read the end. The signs and statements WERE ACTUAL QUOTES FROM TEA PARTY LEADERS.

I work at a church and I intend to show that video to my pastor (also a moderate liberal) tomorrow morning first thing. I hope he uses it in a sermon.

22. BleedingHeadKen

BleedingHeadKen Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have no love for tea party ethics, which are generally authoritarian and pro-war when it comes to "conservative" values, but to equate the Prince of Peace with the US government is just sick. What would he say about the wars and bombings going on all over the world? Would he stand on the capitol steps and admonish a grass roots group with little political power while defending an office which has more power than that of the Caesars? Would he say that in order to feed the poor and the hungry that we must hire tax collectors and arm them with guns in order to extract the wealth from the people? Would he argue that people should be locked in cages, subjected to rape and shortened lives, for possessing undesirable substances?

All this video shows is that the progressive left worships the state and now sees Jesus as representative of the most powerful - and deadly - organization on Earth.

23. Chance the Gardener

Chance the Gardener New Member

Clever video. Hard to imagine anyone really believes either party actually demonstrates biblical Christian values.

Wasn't disappointed by the, "our creeps are less creepy than your creeps," partisanship, though.

24. ptif219

No the video is an atheist hate piece on Christians and conservatives

25. ptif219

So you see Jesus as that? It is a political hit piece that uses Jesus I find that offensive. If you do not I would question how serious you are about being a Christian.