+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Price Watch

england us georgia

Who are we to disagree with the great man ?
    I must look at his commodity index one day as it probably is the best commodities , across the markets , product to base your portfolio on .
    Any one here in it ? Any views or points to share?

2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by raymondo View Post
    Who are we to disagree with the great man ?
    I must look at his commodity index one day as it probably is the best commodities , across the markets , product to base your portfolio on .
    Any one here in it ? Any views or points to share?
    I want to get into it - but I keep putting it off.

I have done little research into it.

But I have decided that - until further notice - all I will invest in is gold/silver and commodities...the latter probably from Jim Rogers fund.

4. Default

Gold closed out the week at $1772.42/oz..

That's up $49.49 (almost 3%) for the week.

http://www.goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html

england us georgia

Tuesday 13.30 GMT
    Gold crashes 1780 as Silver says , hello 36.00 + .
    Fancy it to test 1800 this time .It is still 200-250 behind where I thought it would be though .So hurry up .
    Came out of ORE yesterday morning very fast and added to HZU at 7.65 .
    Rib Eye Steak again tonight , methinks .

6. Default

The 1800 barrier for Gold is a big one and won't break straight away. Silver closing 3 days above $35 was always good sign. Just looking at HZU.To at the moment and it's up 4.5% today (already). If Gold has another big leg up then that price will go ballistic. Even the people who got in early in today's session would have made something. Have to juggle some funds around and put something in it, the price is still well under what it was last spring.

england us georgia

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    The 1800 barrier for Gold is a big one and won't break straight away. Silver closing 3 days above $35 was always good sign. Just looking at HZU.To at the moment and it's up 4.5% today (already). If Gold has another big leg up then that price will go ballistic. Even the people who got in early in today's session would have made something. Have to juggle some funds around and put something in it, the price is still well under what it was last spring.
    TC it's up 9% at 17.30 GMT and way ahead of Gold . You can question whether Silver will correct soon ( too fast , too quick) or argue that it needed to catch up from its last very big correction .
    Wish I knew that answer . If it hits 39 . 50 soon ( 2-3 weeks? ) I shall watch it every 15 minutes in case I need a Time Out as it corrects .

8. Default

There might not be a corrrection. There was only a minor correction at $40 during last Springs mega bull run. Then again in a market run by paper contracts where the supply / demand fundamentals are completely ignored then who knows in the short term.

9. Default

Is anyone here actually considering Gold as a long-term investment? Or are you mostly using it to hedge through the Euro-crisis?
    I have no joy in strife,
    Peace is my great desire;
    Yet God forbid I lose my life
    Through fear to face the fire. -Henry Van Dyke

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IgnoranceisBliss View Post
    Is anyone here actually considering Gold as a long-term investment? Or are you mostly using it to hedge through the Euro-crisis?
    I have been buying gold since 2001 and have not sold any since then....only adding a little more here and there when the price is favourable like when the price fell in 2008. Gold is going much higher long term so for me to take a chance in selling for quick profits only to miss the boat when I want to buy back is too risky. Just buy and hold......5 years from now you will be laughing big time!

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    I have been buying gold since 2001 and have not sold any since then....only adding a little more here and there when the price is favourable like when the price fell in 2008. Gold is going much higher long term so for me to take a chance in selling for quick profits only to miss the boat when I want to buy back is too risky. Just buy and hold......5 years from now you will be laughing big time!
    There are a lot of issues with holding onto gold as a long-term investment. Warren Buffet describes it best. In essence, gold doesn't "produce" anything in terms of cashflows or dividends. It has no production value, unlike most stocks. You can certainly profit at certain times (as you most certainly did), but in the long term it's unlikely to outgain the S&P.
    I have no joy in strife,
    Peace is my great desire;
    Yet God forbid I lose my life
    Through fear to face the fire. -Henry Van Dyke

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast