While others woo Florida, Ron Paul’s strategy is to rack up delegates in February

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by marbro, Jan 28, 2012.

1. marbro

marbro New Member

"We're going to be in until it's mathematically impossible for us to win," Gary Howard, a spokesman for Paul, told Yahoo News in the spin room after a debate last week in Charleston, S.C. "It's going to be a long time."

The magic number necessary for a candidate to win the nomination is 1,144 delegates--a majority of the 2,286 delegates who will be voting at the convention, which will be held from Aug. 27 to Aug. 30 in Tampa, Fla.

Paul's team says they're running to win, not to influence the platform or the selection of the party's vice presidential nominee at the convention.

"Absolutely," we will be at the convention, campaign manager Jesse Benton told Yahoo News. "We have a comprehensive plan to win 1,144 delegates. We're going to scrap all the way."
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-delegates-could-hold-keys-2012-223324287.html

Like Paul or not, He is here for the long haul and it will effect all the other candidates.

RON PAUL 2012!!!

2. marbro

marbro New Member

Ron Paul braved Maine's snow and ice Friday in a quest to pick up delegates, vowing he and his loyal band of supporters would be a factor in the Republican nominating contest for weeks to come.

The Texas congressman attracted a packed house in Bangor despite a powerful winter storm that shuttered schools and brought traffic to a virtual standstill.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/28/paul-hunts-for-gop-delegates-in-maine/#ixzz1kmINMshd

Ron Paul is on the march!

3. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

Is Maine's Vote this time around a binding vote ..or
    like Mn. just a straw poll ?
    IOWA didn't matter..and is MB gonna get those Iowa delegates ?
    No.

4. marbro

marbro New Member

5. Rollo1066

Rollo1066 Member

Seems like a sound strategy to me (I'm a Democrat) it's basically how Obama won the nomination in 2008. Don't think Paul has any chance of being GOP candidate though. Almost for sure Romney. That's too bad as I think he has some chance of winning while Paul or Gingerich have virtually none. I certainly would like to see Paul as a third party candidate as that would guarantee the Presidents re-election (probably with 400+ electoral vots).

6. jaktober

jaktober Member

I am in Florida right now working with other activist to make sure Ron Paul still has a showing out here. We want the campaign to save their money and play for the long term. Nevada and Maine are in our grasp. We'll make sure we make a good showing in Florida without Paul spending a dime.

7. Slyhunter

Slyhunter New Member Past Donor

Really, I hear Ron Paul has given up on Florida and moved on abandoning ye people.

8. marbro

marbro New Member

That is what happens when you get your news from MSM.

@jaktober thank you for your work! I plan on getting out and doing the same here in Wa for our caucus. We have 43 delegates up for grabs here.

9. What is free

What is free New Member

I'd love to see Paul grab third without campaigning or spending money there. Keep up the good work, hopefully it all amounts to something surprising in Florida. :)

10. CoolWalker

CoolWalker New Member

This is exactly how one wins an election in a Primary, by getting delegates. Paul is smart, but don't think others aren't equally smart and it is doubtful that with his outlandish ideas he will be able to convince the established party members to support him. I don't think it will even be close, then of course, true to form he will jump off the GOP bandwagon and go Indepndent, thus assuring Obama another four years. Paul is dangerous to America in that sense.

11. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

You know Ron Paul can grab 4th in every state without spending a dime or a single day there ?

Is That a strategy..spend nothing ..win nothing and finish last ?
    Yes in VA. where there will only be 2 names...LAST PLACE is not 1st place.

Romney will brave the harshness of the Mid winter to be here in MN on WED.

45 degrees and sunshine. :)

12. Slyhunter

Slyhunter New Member Past Donor

No he plans on flooding Caucases with his fanatical followers and getting himself enough delegates that will (*)(*)(*)(*) with people.

I'm not sure but if you owned 15% of the delegates could you tell them don't vote on me, vote on the second place guy instead and disrupt the voting that way? ie. I think Ron Paul is being a killjoy. His antiques will make sure Obuma wins another election.

13. Krypt

Krypt New Member

No...the "anybody but Obama" people will ensure that...

14. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Pops Paul has no strategy.He's merely a perennial pest.
    He's gonna stick around for that very reason.
    I heard a few hours ago he's banking on Maine.
    Whoo Boy ... Good Golly Miss Molly.
    The guys practically senile.

15. red states rule

red states rule New Member Past Donor

I see Ron Paul as a total fool and idiot. We he bellowed the US brought 9-11 on itself, and those attacks were "an act of violence" and not an act of war -he showed he is unfit to be Presidnet and CIC

16. marbro

marbro New Member

terrorist attacks are an act of violence. Invading nation like IRaq whom did not attacked us is an act of war.

Most people do not know their history well and It doesnt suprise me they do not understand Ron Paul when he talked about 911.

We do not get idiots like like Bush and Obama elected without the support of those who act irrationally and ignore history. Its sad to see the folks are still poorly educated and will more than likely offer up another idiot in either Obama or Mitt Romney. Then cry later when nothing changes.....scratch that... they will blame everyone else first.

17. Roelath

Roelath Well-Known Member

Your opinion obviously and considering the information you gave I'm quite sure it's quite the opposite.

If you actually took the time to understand our enemies and why they fight beyond listening to what the boob tube told you... you would understand he is correct. The US Foreign Policy over the course of the end of the Century has been extremely aggressive to foreign countries and has created/propped up Dictators.

Show me where you will find the nation named "Taliban" or "Al Qaeda". When the Russian Mafia shoots at Government employees and kills officers does the US declare War on Russia? The two factions listed are what they are.... Factions! To completely call it an Act of War when it was a group of people and not a Nation carrying out the act is going too far.

I'm quite certain you're in favor of any warmongering just as long as someone up top tells you they're your enemies. Sounds like the Feudal Age...

18. red states rule

So it seems a couple of Ron Paul supporetrs are wiling to give the terrorists a pass so they can continue to try and justify Pauls stupid comments

The only ones I blame for 9-11 are the terrorist pigs who murdered 3000 people in a single day

However Paul has s much chance of winning the nomination as I do hitting the Lotto 4 times by Election Day

19. What is free

What is free New Member

I don't like the way Ron Paul articulates what he means.

He isn't blaming America.

He is just saying our actions are the reason that they wanted to kill thousands of Americans.

There is a reason for everything... Don't be ignorant and think everyone hates us for no reason.

20. Krypt

Krypt New Member

So you are willing to ignore facts about why it happened because you feel they aren't important??

21. red states rule

Oh really? I saw the video of both statements and it is clear is was blaming Amercia

But I am not worried. Paul will be home on 1/20/13 watching the new Republican President being sworn in like the rest of us

22. Krypt

Krypt New Member

What video were you watching?? All the ones I saw he never said "It's America's fault"

23. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

What do you mean "no reason"? It is cause of our prosperity and freedoms.

[​IMG]

24. red states rule

Go to the 1:45 mark and listen to this idiot blame American for the 9-11 attacks

Rudy jumped on it and the crowd sided with Rudy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7dnFDdwu0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7dnFDdwu0[/ame]

25. Gǝist

Gǝist New Member

Sounds to me the crowd was bought and payed for. Did you really listen to the arguments? How the hell does anyone come to the conclusion that people hate america for any other reason then our intrusive foreign policy? Rudy sounds like a complete idiot ignorant of how the real world works. People don't spontaneously hate you, despite what politicians would say. It's when you ruin their lives for your own personal benefit that they become desperate enough to join a terrorist group.