Todd Palin to robo-call for Gingrich; Gingrich calls Romney campaign 'pathetic'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

That is pretty hilarious.

Newt calls Romney pathetic, but what about the husband of the 1.5 term former Alaska governor who is a champion snow mobile racer using his voice for robo calling?

Now I am not one that is easily swayed by anything, but are there folks who will be more likely to vote for Gingrich because Todd Palin said he is good? Really?

What in the holy hell has Todd Palin ever done that would make anyone think his opinion matters for jack squat? Quite possibly the only thing larger than Alaska is Todd Palin's over inflated sense of self importance.

Todd, thanks for the unintentional laugh for the day.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_new...grich-gingrich-calls-romney-campaign-pathetic

'FORT MYERS, FL--Thousands of Floridians will hear the voice of Todd Palin in their homes tomorrow as they head out to the polls on primary day. The former GOP vice presidential candidate's husband is recording a get-out-the-vote robo-call in support of Newt Gingrich that will go out across the state, campaign spokesman RC Hammond told NBC News.

Gingrich also revealed that Todd Palin will campaign on his behalf on the trail, though he did not specific exactly how.

"I'm also delighted Todd Palin has agreed to do calls for us and campaign for us," Gingrich told a crowd at Page Field this afternoon.

"And I thought Sarah Palin's op-ed that she posted on Friday and the interviews she did this weekend are pretty clear."

Arriving more than 90 minutes late to the fourth stop of his fly-around trip across the state without any mention of his delay, a worn out-sounding Gingrich also slammed the Romney campaign as "pathetic."

Citing a New York Times article about the Romney campaign's strategy to defeat Gingrich in Florida, the former speaker of the House responded, "What a pathetic situation to be running for the President of the United States with nothing positive to say."

"All you got to do is try to tear your opponent down to where they get smaller than you are, that's the Romney model," Gingrich added, referring to negative television ads and press conference calls by Romney's organization.

"Now that's not my model...I want to run a big campaign against Barack Obama, not a small campaign."

Gingrich aggressively criticized the millions of dollars Romney has raised for his campaign, that he believes funded ads attacking him.

"Your money is recycled through Goldman Sachs to Mitt Romney to tell you a bunch of falsehoods," Gingrich said.

Herman Cain, who along with Michael Reagan introduced Gingrich today, chimed in on the same note.

"Let me say this: to any undecided voters...look past all of the gutter politics and negativity and all of the sideshows," Cain bellowed.

"Look at where Newt Gingrich stands on solving stuff!"

Beyond the campaign jabs, it was abundantly clear that Gingrich believes he needs a surge of last-minute support to finish on top tomorrow. Although he cited two unnamed polls that he said show him closing the gap and tying Romney, Gingrich implored voters to mobilize for him: "We have a lot of work to do in the next few hours."

"Go home and email your friends this afternoon," he told about 300 voters in the setting Florida sun. "Get on Facebook this afternoon...Twitter on the way home."