+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Germany: The admired model for the globe ?

england us georgia

Quote Originally Posted by janpor View Post

I thought Beevee and Raymondo were best pals...

(grumpy old men)

It's my job to slap you whipper snappers into shape occasionally .
    This year is going to be news momentous , and we need our best team in top form to guide the Americans through times which will stretch them inordinately .With luck , they might have a few earthquakes themselves due to the effects of shale gas drilling and they will be whining about the God of Wrath etc etc
    Requirement ?
    New World Apostles to the rescue .

2. Default list of countries by exports per capita

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cosmo View Post
    Germany has the economic strengths America once boasted - Los Angeles Times

Quote:
    Germany with its manufacturing base and export prowess is the U.S. of yesteryear, an economic power unlike any of its European neighbors. It has thrived on principles America seems to have lost.
    This is incorrect, of course.

Rank Country / Entity Exports per capita, US$

1 Hong Kong 45,574 (2009 estimate)
    2 Singapore 45,302 (2009 estimate)
    3 United Arab Emirates 37,200 (2009 estimate)
    4 Netherlands 25,100 (2009 estimate)
    5 Norway 24,564 (2009 estimate)
    6 Ireland 24,000 (2009 estimate)
    7 Belgium 23,485 (2009 estimate)
    8 Switzerland 22,230 (2009 estimate)
    9 Iceland 21,500 (2009 estimate)
    10 Slovenia 16,640 (2009 estimate)
    11 Austria 16,300 (2009 estimate)
    12 Kuwait 16,230 (2009 estimate)
    13 Denmark 15,900 (2009 estimate)
    14 Slovakia 14,570 (2009 estimate)
    15 Germany 14,169 (2009 estimate)
    “The world is big enough to satisfy everyones needs, but will always be too small to satisfy everyones greed.” ~ Ghandi

england us georgia

Quote Originally Posted by janpor View Post
    This is incorrect, of course.
    I loathe statistics -- as in tables and graphs . And your table of unbridled rubbish is a classic reason why .
    And I hate the arrogance of those that use the tables --- yours is typical . Arrogant in their own ignorance .
    Any intelligent person would look at the table quickly , and seeing countries like the first 14 above Germany should know that something rotten stinks .
    You are far too uncritical and gullible , as I have repeatedly told you .

Who in the ficking hell is interested in per capita consumption ?
    Nobody .
    Just show actual exports and stop being ludicrous .

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by raymondo View Post
    I loathe statistics -- as in tables and graphs . And your table of unbridled rubbish is a classic reason why .
    And I hate the arrogance of those that use the tables --- yours is typical . Arrogant in their own ignorance .
    Any intelligent person would look at the table quickly , and seeing countries like the first 14 above Germany should know that something rotten stinks .
    You are far too uncritical and gullible , as I have repeatedly told you .

Who in the ficking hell is interested in per capita consumption ?
    Nobody .
    Just show actual exports and stop being ludicrous .
    I think it is strange that you are trying to reflect your ignorace as some sort of arrogance on my part.

It is it not my fault that aren't aware of the economic strenght of a lot of the smaller Western European countries, e.g. Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, etc.

It starts in primary school (6-12 y.o.) during so-called "Wereldoriëntatie" classes (Word orientatation). It involves all sorts of subjects: geography, history, basic-economics, etc.

If our prime minister appears on television and raises concepts like "wage handicap", "competition", "export-strength" -- everybody is listening with a lot of attention.

Belgium, for example, for about 2 centuries, has been a relative economic powerhouse. This is a well-accepted fact. Of course, we adapt as the "small one" -- we study foreign languages as obsessed ones because trade and export are so important for us, this has been the case for about 1000 years now.

There is a reason our education system (Flanders) is the best of Western-Europe -- we only have our people to be succesful.

In the case of Belgium -- Flanders is responsible for about 80% of Belgian exports. To be correct, I need to say that we export an immense amount of goods and services, but we import a lot too. Again, this is the natural flow of things -- it has always been like this.

With exports equivalent to over two-thirds of GNP, Belgium depends heavily on world trade. Belgium's trade advantages are derived from its central geographic location and a highly skilled, multilingual, and productive work force. One of the founding members of the European Community, Belgium strongly supports deepening the powers of the present-day European Union to integrate European economies further. About three-quarters of its trade is with other EU countries.

1° Exports

Exports value; $254.3 billion f.o.b (2009 est.)

Export goods: machinery and equipment, chemicals, finished diamonds, metals and metal products, foodstuffs

Main export partners Germany 19.58%; France 17.71%; Netherlands 11.84%; United Kingdom 7.21%; United States 5.37%; Italy 4.77%

2° Imports:

Imports value: $253.1 billion f.o.b. (2009 est.)

Import goods: raw materials, machinery and equipment, chemicals, raw diamonds, pharmaceuticals, foodstuffs, transport equipment, oil products

Main import partners: Netherlands 17.93%; Germany 17.14%; France 11.69%; Ireland 6.26%; United States 5.74%; United Kingdom 5.07%; China 4.09%
    “The world is big enough to satisfy everyones needs, but will always be too small to satisfy everyones greed.” ~ Ghandi

england us georgia

You simply do not get it , do you ?
    You haven't the foggiest notion why your table is ludicrous .
    Think about what it shows .

I will give you a huge clue .
    In the modern Olympics the country with the greatest number of Gold Medals per capita is Georgia ( fact)
    Is the Penny beginning to drop ?

Basically this thread is evidence that the European and US media has shifted focus on the political and economic developments in Germany, a G7 country which has performed best during the 2010-11....

Noticing especially US comments, it always strikes me to read sentences like "since WW2 Germany has recovered formidably". It sounds absurd to cite a reference that happened 70 years ago, revealing rather the lack of knowledge in Germany´s (even Europe´s) economic developments.

Germany recovered in the 50-60s and was a leading exporter already in the 70-80ies. Only reunification efforts stopped a good performance for about a decade 1995-2005.
    Last edited by Dr Cosmo; Feb 02 2012 at 06:30 AM.

You simply do not get it , do you ?
    You haven't the foggiest notion why your table is ludicrous .
    Think about what it shows .

I will give you a huge clue .
    In the modern Olympics the country with the greatest number of Gold Medals per capita is Georgia ( fact)
    Is the Penny beginning to drop ?
    The tables hows exports per capita.

Per capita figures are commonly used to show the relative strength of a country in a particular area.

Comparing Germany 80 million with Ireland 4 million makes little sense in absolute terms.

On population alone Germany has to have 20 times the exports that Ireland has to have the same benefit to its much larger economy.
    "But the modern Irish, contrary to popular impression, have little sense of history. What they have is a sense of grievance, which they choose to dignify by christening it history. History therefore is 'not so much a matter of learning from the past as of stirring old grievances to keep them on the boil'."

england us georgia

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm34 View Post

On population alone Germany has to have 20 times the exports that Ireland has to have the same benefit to its much larger economy.

And as we both know , Life operates in a different Universe .
    If it does not , what medication is being planned for Ireland to obtain size growth , and as Germany is so useless comparatively , when should we chop it into smaller pieces .
    God Help Us .

And as we both know , Life operates in a different Universe .
    If it does not , what medication is being planned for Ireland to obtain size growth , and as Germany is so useless comparatively , when should we chop it into smaller pieces .
    God Help Us .
    I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about could you rephrase?

My point is that when comparing the relative strengths of different economies per capita figures are often used to allow comparisons between different sized economies.
    "But the modern Irish, contrary to popular impression, have little sense of history. What they have is a sense of grievance, which they choose to dignify by christening it history. History therefore is 'not so much a matter of learning from the past as of stirring old grievances to keep them on the boil'."

10. Default

You are right!
    God bless America
    Buchanan says: “Political Correctness is Cultural Marxism, a regime to punish dissent and to stigmatize social heresy as the Inquisition punished religious heresy. Its trademark is intolerance.By classifying its adversaries as haters, or mentally ill... James Burnham says:"Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide", might today to be compared to the HIV virus that destroys the immune system

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast