Why Aren't the Conspiracy Nuts Confined To the Conspiracy Theory Forum?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Community Discussions' started by Dayton3, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayton3

Dayton3 Well-Known Member

We have a special forum for the conspiracy advocates to spout their nutty theories.

So why do we have threads with 9-11 conspiracy BS being spouted outside there?

Patriot911 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Dayton3

Surprised I never got a reply on this?

We have a conspiracy forum yet the "Israel rules the U.S." and "9-11 Truth Nutters" still continually post crap in the regular forums.

and just to show I'm not unfair any "birthers" should be banned from posting anything remotely related to the "birther (Obama)" issue outside the conspiracy forum.

Spouting conspiracy theories is not a person trying to be open minded.

Spouting conspiracy theories is not an attempt to stimulated discussion.

Spouting conspiracy theories is bullying straight and simple. By making reference to a "conspiracy" a person making such reference is trying to shut down the discussion by demeaning the people who disagree with them as "sheep" or others who they claim refuse to question authority.

HillBilly and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

I've always wondered how exactly you determine what's a conspiracy theory and what isn't.

Isn't the determination ultimately one of political correctness? If it's politically correct, it's not a conspiracy theory, and if it's not politically correct, it is a conspiracy theory.

People get all caught up in the question of racism when talking about political correctness. They tend to forget the real way in which the concept is used to ridicule thoughts and modes of thought that are not convenient for the political establishment.

The 9/11 theory is a perfect example. There is an official -- politically correct -- version of events that occurred on 9/11. Any politically incorrect consideration, any deviation from that version of events, is automatically deemed a conspiracy theory.

4. Dayton3

One thing that makes something a conspiracy theory I believe is it is a defacto "extraordinary claim" or requires a "complicated explanation".

To me, in real life the simplest explanation ALWAYS is by far the most likeliest accurate explanation of events.

Thus, if you're claiming a conspiracy which by definition is a "complicated explanation" then your claim must be backed up by massive irrefutable evidence.

5. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

One characteristic of a conspiracy theory is that it's impossible. My personal favorite is that the villain has to be, simultaneously, extremely cunning and sophisticated and extremely stupid.

Patriot911 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Maybe because itÂ’s not that big of a deal to some of us.

Can you say fastidious?

HillBilly and (deleted member) like this.
  7. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

This is a 'political forum' ERGO; it's a conspiracy forum. Politics is one conspiracy after another after another. You don't actually believe that politics is altruistic or fair and balanced, do you? That people leave million dollar jobs in the private sector, spend millions of dollars to get a $160K a year job, then lie cheat and steal to keep it because of their overwhelming concern for the people? Nope, they want to get their share of the 'big conspiracy'.

8. Dayton3

If you believe that, then you should be required to provide irrefutable evidence of it in EVERY post you make alleging that then.

9. Dick Van Dyke

Dick Van Dyke Member

There are no "conspiracy theories." That's a term people like you use to prevent the search for truth, while you ignore facts and evidence and continue to believe that the government loves you.

I think there needs to be a special forum for people who believe the fairy tale of the government's official story on 9/11.

Khalil and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Dayton3

And there you have my point.

Not trying to start or continue discussion, but the conspiracy nutters use "conspiracy theories" as a club to bully and beat down those who disagree with them.

It isn't about a "search for truth" from your kind. It is about using the claim of a "conspiracy" to snidely assert your alleged superiority over the rest of us.

11. Dick Van Dyke

Dick Van Dyke Member

LOL! What hypocrisy on your part. You start a thread labeling those who hold certain views as "Conspiracy Theorists" in an attempt to marginalize them without debate, and then you accuse me of the very same behavior.

This is precisely why a rational debate is impossible with people like you. You immediately try to label people and present them in the most negative light possible. You own posts demonstrate the truth of my statement.

Thanks for proving my point.

12. Dayton3

You can't debate people if they are unwilling to accept certain perameters about the issue.

Are you willing to accept on 9-11 for example the possibility that the government explanation is for all intents as purposes 100% accurate?

13. Dick Van Dyke

Dick Van Dyke Member

Absolutely. Any incident must be viewed with complete open mindedness from all sides.

So there really are no "parameters" - but people must look at everything like a new court case - innocent until proven guilty. However, sufficient proof might not be available to convict, for a variety of reasons, and in that case, if the available evidence clearly doesn't fit the official story, it should be questioned and looked into further.

14. Dayton3

I have no problems with questioning evidence.

But it seems to me that too many conspiracy theories are presented on this forum as though they were "facts" rather than opinions at variance with the official stories.

Your 9-11 conspiracy for example.

15. Dick Van Dyke

Dick Van Dyke Member

First of all, I don't claim the government carried out 9/11 from start to finish. But I think the evidence points to some in our government having prior knowledge of the attack and allowing it to happen for political purposes. A continuous "war on terror" benefits certain groups in our country, and in other countries.

All I'm saying is, the facts don't add up. Witnesses who contradict the official account have been removed from the official 9/11 report, or their testimony wasn't asked for or wasn't included. Why?

Look at the people in Press for Truth. They're just families who lost someone in 9/11. They wanted answers from the government and the government still refuses to answer the vast majority of their questions. Again, why?

Why did Bush have to testify with Cheney? Why was it behind closed doors only? Why was it not included in the official report?

There are plenty of unanswered questions in this case. Which continues to beg the question - WHY?

16. NetworkCitizen

NetworkCitizen New Member

Exactly, if you simply accept the entirety of the "official" story, then you are saying that you have no problem with these statements from the people who actually investigated the event. So, I say there is a very slim chance that the official controlled media/gov't story is true, and far more likely that there were cover-ups, distortions, and outright lies. So, if we never heard the entire truth, then what else is there to do but theorize?

Krypt and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Colonel K

Colonel K Well-Known Member

Maybe we could have a racists corner. They could share it with the homophobes and islamhating spammers.

18. Dayton3

19. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

Okay. But the simplest answer is rarely that the political establishment is being truthful. That's just the easiest answer, not the simplest.

The idea that we were attacked right when the oil industry needed it most doesn't really fulfill Occam's Razor.

20. Dayton3

What makes you think the "oil industry needed it most"?

Gasoline prices started surging upwards while Clinton was still in office.

21. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Geesh, calm down Dayton3. Why are you (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)in out the whole forum over something that's between you and the mods?

Think a thread should be moved to the Conspiracy Section? Report it. If it doesn't get moved, PM a mod and ask why. Then you'll have your answer. There's really no reason to involve the rest of us... it's your problem.

[​IMG]

22. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

I don't make many posts alleging that. In fact, I've never posted anything that suggested any conspiracies. But I'm not so naive as to think that anything generated by government doesn't have a flip side. There's too many empty, seldom used 'private' rooms in Washington. They all have doors. **** happens in those rooms, behind those doors.

23. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

I concur with the OP...

Hey stormfront Nazis, Zionist conspiracy forum is :below:

Dayton3 and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Clint Torres

Clint Torres New Member

LOL... same reason the birthers do.......

25. Dayton3

Birthers have no place outside the conspiracy forum either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.