Breaking news: Next female president just entered the race

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by marbro, Feb 2, 2012.

1. marbro

marbro New Member

:mrgreen:

What did you think I would say Palin?

Roseanne Barr is running for president as a Green Party candidate

Roseanne Barr has filed the official paperwork necessary to run for the Green Party nomination for president of the United States.

No joke.

And here we thought Donald Trump endorsing Mitt Romney was the big celebrity political news of the day.

"I am running for Green Party nominee for POTUS," the comedian said Thursday on Twitter. "I am an official candidate. I am4 the Greening of America&the world. Green=peace/justice."

Barr filed her paperwork with the Federal Election Commission on Jan. 25, creating a four-way race for the Green nomination, which will be decided at the Green Party Presidential Nominating Convention in July.

"I will run until the convention in July in Baltimore-I fully expect Jill Stein 2b the nominee& I will support her, but til then-I'll serve," Barr said amid a slew of other tweets, some of them raunchy, most having to do with her campaign.

Her platform as expressed Thursday on the microblogging site included a promise to institute "#Europeanstyle" single-payer healthcare within the first 100 days of her term, and to forgive all credit card and mortgage debt "by kicking out the FED-those to whom all this fake debt is owed."

In a campaign-announcement speech delivered in May 2010, Barr put out a more detailed three-step platform (read the speech here): First, make war illegal and legalize hemp (marijuana too). Second, change the demographics of government to include more women. Third, outlaw — how do we say this politely? — outlaw bull. Yes, that's it. Outlaw bull.

"After the passage of this one law," she said in the speech, "the Patriarchy will inevitably begin to crumble, as will the concept of War itself, which is largely a large load of," well, bull.

[Updated, 6:25 p.m. Feb. 2: In a more recent statement posted at the Green Party Watch website, Barr expressed her support for the Occupy Wall Street movement and said, "Both the Democratic and Republican parties are bought and paid for by corporate America and cater to the needs of the highest bidder as opposed to the people they claim to represent. I cannot be bought."]

Would you vote for Roseanne Barr for president? Let us know in comments.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2012/02/roseanne-barr-running-for-president-green-party.html

Edit: when I say next I refer to Obama and Carter as the first two female presidents :)

2. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

Maybe not, but I'm still laughing!

[​IMG]

3. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

You claim this is not a joke. I couldn't disagree more.

4. marbro

marbro New Member

The "no Joke" comment is from the article. Funny as hell to me!

5. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

I wonder who her vice president will be. Michael Moore possibly?

6. marbro

marbro New Member

Oh god that fat (*)(*)(*)(*)? You know that combo might be able to leach some votes from Obama. :sunnysideup: