+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawyers These Days...

1. Default Lawyers These Days...

You know the quality of the members of the Bar is going down the tubes when a suit like this is filed:

Lawsuit: Defendant Breached a Duty Not to Shoot Bottle Rockets Out of His Anus

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2012/0...le-rocket.html

2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

Why not sue?

The kid went to a frat party, got drunk, and attempted to shoot a bottle rocket out of his sphincter. It blew up, startled him, and he fell off the deck at the frat house - a deck that they claim was missing the railings around it.

I'd sue.

And when I won, I'd take the money, move away, and change my name, because I'd never be able to look anyone in the face again!
    SpotsCat is a trademark of SpotsCat Intergalactic Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use of the exceptionally witty material contained herein shall be prostituted to the fullest extent. Trespassers will be shot. No glass bottles in the pool area. Brush your teeth and wear clean underwear.

4. Default

I don't understand what's wrong with this lawsuit. Someone was injured by someone's dumb behavior.

What's the problem? Are you saying someone should be allowed to sue when stupid behavior hurts them?
    twitter.com/BullsLawDan <~ My Twitter (may be NSFW). Follow me!

"But it wasn't until he met his beautiful wife that he learned using logic and reason isn't enough. You have to be a dick to everyone who doesn't think like you." - South Park on Richard Dawkins

Lawyers. Sometimes it's just beyond belief. ROFL
    Civil debate is expected.
    Fair warning: trolling and personal attacks will get you nowhere, and I will report you

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Maybe you could explain what the problem is with this lawsuit?

Why shouldn't a person in the Plaintiff's position sue?

"But it wasn't until he met his beautiful wife that he learned using logic and reason isn't enough. You have to be a dick to everyone who doesn't think like you." - South Park on Richard Dawkins

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BullsLawDan View Post
    Maybe you could explain what the problem is with this lawsuit?

Why shouldn't a person in the Plaintiff's position sue?
    In the current version of America suing under circumstances such as these is the normal thing to do. This speaks to the changes America has undergone as a culture. It also speaks to the change in the character of the legal profession.

In a prior era the events on which the OP is based would have been a source of shame.

8. Default

ROTFLMAO

Bottle rocket; anus. oh, that's rich.
    If we do not learn from the past, we will keep making the same stupid mistakes

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    In the current version of America suing under circumstances such as these is the normal thing to do. This speaks to the changes America has undergone as a culture. It also speaks to the change in the character of the legal profession.

In a prior era the events on which the OP is based would have been a source of shame.
    The plaintiff was injured by the negligent acts of the defendant(s). Grossly negligent acts.

You expect the plaintiff to shoulder the burden for their injuries caused by the other people here? Who caused the injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Lawyers? Or the law? Isn't it Conservatives who say there is too much interference by government changing things?

So, there it is. The ability to sue at what could be considered something frivolous and also culpable negligence by the litigant.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    So, there it is. The ability to sue at what could be considered something frivolous and also culpable negligence by the litigant.
    I wish someone would answer my question using the facts in this case.

What, exactly, about this case means it "could be considered something frivolous"?

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast