Impending Doom

Discussion in 'Economics & Trade' started by CoolWalker, Feb 7, 2012.

1. CoolWalker

CoolWalker New Member

We are facing an unparalleled crisis worldwide. The Euro Dollar is failing. Greece is being held-up by the bootstraps and the countries keeping them afloat are being hard pressed to continue. Right now, the banking system in Europe is coming apart at the seams. Because the global financial system is so interconnected today, when major European banks start to fail it is going to have a cascading effect across the United States and Asia as well.

We, as Americans, have always come to everyone's aid. We're the goo guys. Well it might be time to remove the white hat, at lest partially. We have to shore-up our own institutions to make sure our citizens maintain a decent lifestyle. Not necessarily exactly how we have lived up until now, but at least with food on the table and a roof over our heads. There are still many alive today that remember The Great Depression. My father is one. Even though my mother has passed away, he still keeps a fully stocked refrigerator because if it isn't fully stocked, he becomes very worried about his next meal. Currently he has no worries, but in one respect he is right.

What if a report was on the news that eggs and milk would be gone from shelves in a week? There would be a rush by every person in this country to buy as much as they could...then the shelves would be empty. I could go on and on about this, but it is just a small tidbit I wanted to place in this Forum to see if anyone else is pying attention to what is going on elsewhere, and how petty we are with all our political bickering, when we are achieving little as an end result.

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  2. raymondo

raymondo Banned

Several , if not , quite a few , is the answer . Seven years ago I needed guiding to this conclusion because of lack of evidence and example from mainstream media sources .
    Now I know where the real news is and who is likely to get it and pass it on .
    I am not sure much is achieved by trying to help others , en masse , at this late stage .
    It is a thankless task , for it is much too much for ordinary folks to take on board , absorb and bring into their world picture .
    They naturally either go into complete denial , pretend they could not care one jot , or resort to name calling and pointless trolling .
    I now am happy to roll out facts and opinions as I see them , and if it inspires one or two to view matters differently , that is excellent .
    The rest must look after themselves , as best they can , when the really bad times arrive . We have still barely started on the downward slope .
    i have taken personal steps to ensure I have strong non cash resources , provided I am still around to enjoy them .
    And other than that , I am relaxed and look forward to touring the world for several years , starting in three years time , or less , if I am fortunate .
    I want to hang around and see if the ECB ( essentially) can change its rules and find a notional 5 trillion Euros minimum to ring fence in Italy , Spain and France .
    Then to see how mad Ben finds ways to prolong contagion from burying the US Banks and Housing Market .
    And to see whether the world finally sees exactly what US Geo Political Strategy is , and whether it take steps to halt it .

3. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

You obviously don't know what a Euro Dollar is so we can safely ignore the rest of your rant.

4. bacardi

bacardi New Member

lets face it......within a few short years both the euro and the dollar are toast. I really dont see how uncle ben can dance around this mess.

5. Haplo

Haplo New Member

If these currencies are dying, what are you doing to ensure that you still have a future?

I only ask because you should have a plan to tell people about. You do realize that if you just tell people about danger, and don't give them an idea of specific things they can do about it, they just turn off, stop listening to you and, ultimately, deny that there is a problem. Right?

6. Trinnity

Trinnity Banned

And yet, our pols still want to spend and tax.
    They aren't taking any of it seriously as a legislative group.

7. bacardi

bacardi New Member

thats because most of these dummies keep saying that america is strong and so they can spend spend spend with absolutely no consquences LOL :)

8. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

America will come back stronger than ever....... I think we are learning alot thru this difficult time.

9. bacardi

bacardi New Member

uhmmm pleaae tell me how american has learned anything in this difficult time? Have they cut back on deficit spending? Have they done anything to boost public confidence in the dollar overseas?

Please tell us what has changed since 2008?

10. Not Amused

Not Amused New Member

The politicians haven't got the message - yet, but the people are waking up from a long sleep.

Occupy and the Tea Party are attacking the two sides of the same problem - the corporation / government complex. One they realize that....

The states are showing the way. Those willing to cut spending, are recovering. Those trying to tax an ever poorer voter to keep their unions happy continue to flounder.

11. Not Amused

Not Amused New Member

Their tax / borrow and spend (both parties) is just the tip of the iceberg.

The cost of regulation due to lack of competition (higher prices), slowed growth, and companies not started has reached the tipping point. (some regulation is good, but there are few good regulations, most are written by the industries they regulate).

The cost of unfunded entitlement, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, government employee retirements, etc.

12. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

So will the Roman Empire and the Soviet Union.

CoolWalker and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Albert Di Salvo

America is a polity based on an idea. When the idea dies there is nothing to hold the polity together.

America is not Han China. Han China is a civilization held together by ties of racial and cultural affinity and identity. That's not true for America. America is in the process of balkanizing in terms of its consciousness and identity.

14. bacardi

bacardi New Member

a nation that is stripped of its industry is doomed to die....it truly amazes me how these ignorant fools cant see the obvious!

15. raymondo

raymondo Banned

This fixation with the HAN Dynasty is a recurring feature in your Posts .
    As I recall , the lights went out after only about 200years and that was over 2000 years ago .
    Just a historical foot note , methinks .

16. Albert Di Salvo

Denial is where most Americans are at present. The left thinks it's still 1970 and the right thinks it's still 1920.

17. Albert Di Salvo

Methinks you are a Pakistani who knows nothing of his own history let alone that of a superior culture.

18. Reiver

Reiver Well-Known Member

I don't agree. The Tea Party is coming from a right wing slant that simply has zero understanding of economic relations. Ultimately its merely another exercise into the authoritarian personality which, at best, would enhance empower corporate profiteering

19. CoolWalker

CoolWalker New Member

Yes, we have to "make something" to get money for it...computers, cell phones, tablets...all those could be manufactured here. Yes, the price would be higher, but people worldwide want them and will pay for them...stop outsourcing.

20. Reiver

Reiver Well-Known Member

And how would you deliver that outcome? Hope it won't involve coercion and the destruction of economic opportunity!

21. raymondo

raymondo Banned

As we say here in Islamabad , The snake winks when you poke it in the eye"
    If the Han Dynasty was so bloody brilliant , why did it implode so immediately?
    And remember having a few Nunneries doesn't mean being Superior

22. Albert Di Salvo

Han China and the Han Dynasty are not synonymous.

The former is a civilization and culture. The latter was a dynastic regime.

Can I call you Snake Eye from now on?

23. AshenLady

AshenLady New Member Past Donor

war and money, I do declare, is that all you want to talk about?

I am soooo tired of talking about war and money.:bored:

24. Albert Di Salvo

Do you know why the honey badger is the most feared creature on earth?

25. mamooth

mamooth Well-Known Member Past Donor

'Cuz honey badger don't give a (*)(*)(*)(*)?

Given I've been hearing predictions of doom for my entire life, why should I pay any further heed to them now?

After all, I can do the math. I know 80% of the deficit goes away if we just ... do nothing. If we take all the policies scheduled to expire and let them expire, the problem goes away. Doesn't seem like much of a crisis to me. If someone is worried about it, they should tell the GOP to stop deliberately making the deficit worse. The only way the deficit goes out of control is if the GOP deliberately sends it out of control with further tax cuts.