BC is NOT "proof" of "natural born" citizenship (too bad!)

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Kokomojojo, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kokomojojo

Kokomojojo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There is that ongoing fight between troughers and birthers about obamas qualifications.

Do Harvard law degrees count for anything?

explained here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqeV0ZlZ1Cw"]Dr. Herb Titus: Born In Hawaii Does Not Make Obama Natural Born Citizen PT 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHuKuw-OWt0"]Dr. Herb Titus: Born In Hawaii Does Not Make Obama Natural Born Citizen PT 2 - YouTube[/ame]

That said his mommy and daddy would both have to be sworn citizens of the united states and yes there is a paper trail for that.

Seems to me daddy was a brit and mommy was not in the states for 5 full years prior to his birth!

so whats the problem with our courts?????????????

Too tough for them to figger out or to political?

What the excuse for the american people party to this crime?

2. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

Apparently the only acceptable proof of natural born citizenship is: not being Obama.

3. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

The above is an insane waste of time.

4. Kokomojojo

when people make a statement like you just made it leaves me with no choice but to conclude that you have complete disregard for law.

5. Kokomojojo

its even worse!

Obama has some a degree in constitutional law!

That said he knowingly and with clear intent defrauded this nation.

Its a minimum of sedition against the united states.

Worse the courts are protecting him legally and the troughers politically!!!!

6. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

You don't think it's possible that he just disagrees with the legal logic you're using? A lot of people seem to, I don't think they're all knowingly attempting sedition.

7. Kokomojojo

I suppose its one thing to disagree and entirely another to claim want for justice and adjudication that goes to the substance and merits is insane.

I didnt see any "legal" disagreement in his statement.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse? :)

8. Sadanie

Sadanie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Absolutely!

Another crazy walking out of the birthers closet!

It's laughable, really!

9. Sadanie

Sadanie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Dear, here has been at least 5 thread disproving all the silly birther conspiracy arguments.

Enough time wasted. If you want to continue making a fool of yourself, be my guest, bu you won't waste anymore of my time.

Have fun!

10. ModerateG

ModerateG New Member

I think you guys would get more support if anybody cared.

I mean, worse case scenario: you're right. He doesn't have both parents as sworn citizens so isn't a natural born citizen.

The vast majority of people recognize this term for what it is: an arbitrary, outdated and useless and historically ignored term.

Several Presidents already would not fit under that definition. Also, few people actually care. If you haven't noticed our culture is one of individual responsibility. You're not guilty of your father's sins and won't be judged by them. This extends here where most US people don't care if you had one parent that wasn't a US citizen. It's just not something people find relevant.

You can scream "but it's in the constitution!" all day long but it won't help because too few people care. People > Constitution.

That all assumes you're right. The term is not specifically defined in just one way and even the FOUNDING FATHERS disagreed on what it meant.

I mean, if you want to attack Obama this plan will just never work, that's why it won't work in the future and hasn't worked in the past. 90% of people do not care about what seems like an irrelevant issue.

Sadanie and (deleted member) like this.
  11. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Not too tough- Herb Titus is the closest thing Birthers have found to a lawyer with some actual gravitas. He is the only lawyer from Harvard who happens to make this claim.

It just happens the American people disagree with Herb Titus and the Birthers. As does Congress. As do the Courts.

I could speak on about some peculiarities about Herb Titus but suffice it to say- he is the only Harvard law grad who makes this claim.

And in contrast- Chief Justice Roberts swore Barack Obama into office.

I give Chief Justice Roberts constitutional creds more consideration than Titus's.​

12. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Titus has a theory- and has no authority at all.

Judges have actual authority- and have ruled contrary to Titus's conclusion.

Both the Indiana Court of Appeals and the Congressional Research Service provided detailed analysis of how they reached their conclusion contrary to Titus's conclusion.

It is rather insane to conclude that everyone else in the U.S. is wrong, and chose to believe a theory being promoted by Birthers that no one had heard of before 2008.

13. Kokomojojo

its been defined literally since the hunter gatherer era, just people seem to ignore it.

The big question is why do people ignore the law?

I do not see anything good coming out of that?

14. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Hmmmmm only in your and Herb Titus's mind.

Only in your and Herb Titus's mind.

15. Kokomojojo

There is a difference between joe the plumber (american people) and herb titus however.

Have you even bothered to read or listen to the video? Can you speak to the points made therein or just in these general terms that you are using begging authority?

16. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

And there is a difference between Herb Titus and Chief Justice Roberts.

And there is a difference between the judges on the Indiana Court of Appeals and Herb Titus.

And in all cases, they disagree with Herb Titus.

17. ModerateG

ModerateG New Member

It really hasn't because the definitions were different in different places. It had no SINGLE definition.

But if you look at history as the Congressional Research Service has the weight of the history behind it is mostly pointing to something you don't like. Basically MOST definitions in the past point to this:
    A Natural Born citizen of the US is someone entitled under the constitution by birth INCLUDING any child born in the US (other than foreign diplomats), the children of US citizens born abroad, and those born to ONE parent that's a citizen of the US.

Yes, your definition is true, but don't pretend it was the only one in history. In fact it's the rarer one. Which is just one reason why even the founders couldn't agree on the definition, because there were DIFFERENT definitions mattering on location (words weren't as set in stone back in the day).

Even if your definition was the only one (it's not) the purpose of it was to keep the Presidency free of foreign influence. I think it's safe to say Obama isn't secretly working for the Illuminati of Kenya.

18. Kokomojojo

All law is philosophically a "theory", so you throw it out in one clean sweep with that approach.

Ugh he has bc so he citizen is not much detail or analysis. LOL

they impasse superior law. I do not see any historic or legal incorrectness in his position.

19. Kokomojojo

its not the law as it stands today its the law as it stood in 1963 or whenever he was born.

both parents had to be lawful citizens, daddy was not.

Mommy had to be resident for 5 years and mommy was not.

Either we have law that everyone is subject to or we have a tryanny and despotism and only us little people are subject to.

So if the people in their ignorance elected adolf hitler or osama bin laden that would be ok? No it wouldnt, everyone would be screaming for the law.

I do not look to others to research "for" me much less believe them when they do. I do my own research and can unequivocally state titus has it correct.

the question is why dont the courts see it historically under its common law orign?

Why are they protecting him?

Why are people scoffing titus?

20. ModerateG

ModerateG New Member

That's simply NOT true.

That wasn't the law when he was born. Otherwise there would be no issue here. The issue is that natural born has historically been defined differently in BOTH history and law. When he was born there was no SET definition, just as today there won't be until it goes to the Supreme Court (which they've historically refused to let happen).

In 1963 BOTH parents did NOT have to be US citizens for you to be a natural born citizen. The mom DID meet the residency requirements of 1963 which were basically almost non-existent since she was born in the US and lived there for quite a while (residency requirements are stricter when they aren't born a citizen).

EDIT: Forgot to say, I wasn't talking about how it is with the law today. I was talking historically.

21. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Actually, we just ignore birthers because their motivation is essentially racist.

Meanwhile, Romney's father was born in Mexico, and he also ran for president in 1968.
    Why are you ignoring all that?

We know exactly where you people are coming from:
    the racist gutter.

22. Kokomojojo

well you need to read a copy of title 8 I think um... section 1400 something if I remember right from the 60's. It was all spelled out in there.

she needed to be resident for 5 years and he needed to be a us citizen.

23. Kokomojojo

I would need more detail, I dont care what color panties these people wear they are either in accord with the law or not.

Yes and we know where the troughers are coming from too.

Its about the law.

24. ModerateG

ModerateG New Member

She was. Legally it didn't have to be directly previous to the birth of Obama but at any time. She spent more than 5 years of her life as a resident (in fact I think the count is like 23 years or so before she moved out). That was enough to satisfy the law.

25. Kokomojojo

nope it had to be 5 consecutive years immediately prior to and during the period of his birth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.