Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 764

Thread: 'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannieD View Post
    So you do not want facts, only rhetoric? Got it.
    Hope that sand in which you have your head does not get flooded by the rising sea levels.
    He said "Nope...".

    It does not mean that he does not want facts. It does not mean that he wants only rhetoric. It does not mean that is in danger to be flooded by the rising sea levels.

    What it does mean is that neither you nor anybody else has submitted reasonable or at least equally valuable objections to his post, - but just an empty rhetoric and exorcizes in British English, or in English British instead.


    These are facts. But you do not want the facts.

    Zealosy and malice of AGW has been exposed again. One does not have to be a scientist to understand facts.
    Hypotheses non fingo


  2. #12
    wales uk wales
    Location: UK, Cymru mostly, sometimes England.
    Posts: 8,759
    Blog Entries: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Inquisitor_ View Post
    He said "Nope...".

    It does not mean that he does not want facts. It does not mean that he wants only rhetoric. It does not mean that is in danger to be flooded by the rising sea levels.

    What it does mean is that neither you nor anybody else has submitted reasonable or at least equally valuable objections to his post, - but just an empty rhetoric and exorcizes in British English, or in English British instead.


    These are facts. But you do not want the facts.

    Zealosy and malice of AGW has been exposed again. One does not have to be a scientist to understand facts.
    Your danger, all the time, is that you seem unable to distinguish between those who know something of the matter and those who don't but want to make you believe nonsense. They are not equal, and the first group have little emotional involvement in the debate. You are all well on the way to total serfdom, in my view, which is why I suggest that you develop a grasp of English idiom: it helps people think straight.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    AGW is a fraud. Less and less people believe it.
    I'm still on the fence, the science community, who has every incentive to prove each other wrong, seems to be aggregating on the issue, just as they did with evolution.

    Anytime a huge group of people, with every reason to prove one another wrong start to agree on anything I should probably stop just putting my fingers in my ears and at least take a look at it. I'm no hippy envirofreak, but I don't want our country to start looking like China either and part of me does find it hard to believe that we have "no effect whatsoever".
    X
    ▲ ▲

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Inquisitor_ View Post
    He said "Nope...".

    It does not mean that he does not want facts. It does not mean that he wants only rhetoric. It does not mean that is in danger to be flooded by the rising sea levels.

    What it does mean is that neither you nor anybody else has submitted reasonable or at least equally valuable objections to his post, - but just an empty rhetoric and exorcizes in British English, or in English British instead.


    These are facts. But you do not want the facts.

    Zealosy and malice of AGW has been exposed again. One does not have to be a scientist to understand facts.
    Bowerbird offered to expose the misinformation in the original post. If Merc had been interested in debate, he should have responded something like "I would be willing to consider". I have wasted to0 much time here explaining to posters their fallacy in logic and their misinformation only to have them stick their head back in the sand and ignore facts and logic and shout "GORE, GORE, GORE" and "CONSPIRACY"

    And from previous interactions with you, I will not let you waste my time arguing with anti-science conspiracy theorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Inquisitor_ View Post
    "Scientists are just disgusting. CO2 increase leads to increase of food supplies, to better harvest but scientists do not care about people starving around the world all they care is about their pockets, about their agenda "
    1. The Scientific debate remains open. Voters believe that there is no consensus about global warming within the scientific community. Should the public come to believe that the scientific issues are settled, their views about global warming will change accordingly. Therefore, you need to continue to make the lack of scientific certainty a primary issue in the debate, and defer to scientists and other experts in the field.--Luntz Research

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    Your danger, all the time, is that you seem unable to distinguish between those who know something of the matter and those who don't but want to make you believe nonsense. They are not equal, and the first group have little emotional involvement in the debate. You are all well on the way to total serfdom, in my view, which is why I suggest that you develop a grasp of English idiom: it helps people think straight.
    It is the honor of an English British gentleman to remind gently to the rest of the world that those who do not develop a grasp of English idiom cannot think straight. It is the last and the only honor which is left for English British gentlemen practicing it for the last 2 centuries. See raymondo on the Russian sub forum.

    I commend on you on your blameless British English.

    For us, Polska SZLACHTA, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzdFD1l0bx8&feature=re lated"]Rzeczpospolita Polska - Dni Chwały / Poland - Days of Glory - YouTube[/ame] to taka sama kurva [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv8kEe8A-4o"]PIŃSKA SZLACHTA-TRAILER(TEATR RAMPA) - YouTube[/ame] , if you let me bring it to you straight.

    She said, - AGW is a fraud. Less and less people believe it. It was not good British. You corrected her , - fewer and fewer people believe it. You both are wrong. She is wrong and you are wrong. Or, like we Russki HUSSARS [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA6WkO0F7CM&feature=re lated"]Я люблю кровавый бой-(*)скадрон гусар летучих - YouTube[/ame]
    say что в лоб что по лбу [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWyngMzVAtA&feature=re lated"]Городок - (*)жевский (ЖЗЛ) - YouTube[/ame]
    , if you let me bring it to you straight.


    For decades new generations are getting brainwashed and dumb in kindergarten, schools, colleges, they become PhDs and now professors themselves. I see more and more people believe that when it snows and freezes it is warming.

    Let me bring it to you straight, mods deleted my posts. I never announced publicly that they were dumb, there is PM for such purposes. You were deleted and you acted as a British gentleman, it was noticed. You wanna try to add anything to debates? I believe you can if you try.
    Hypotheses non fingo

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anikdote View Post
    Anytime a huge group of people, with every reason to prove one another wrong start to agree on anything I should probably stop just putting my fingers in my ears and at least take a look at it..
    Very well said.

  7. #17
    australia au victoria
    Location: Somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Posts: 2,599

    Default

    For decades new generations are getting brainwashed and dumb in kindergarten, schools, colleges, they become PhDs and now professors themselves.
    Gotta lol at that. Those "dumb" Professors and Doctors, what do they know right??? Science is stoopid right?? I think instead, I'll go and find someone completely unqualified to set me straight on Climate Science! I know the perfect guys! David and Charles Koch!

    In other news: "Doctors have been lying for years about cigarettes being bad for your health", reveals objective-third-party Spokesperson for the Tobacco Industry, Peter Stuyvesant. Companies selling nicotine patches are believed to have masterminded this shocking conspiracy.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannieD View Post
    So you do not want facts, only rhetoric? Got it.
    I don't need folks ta read me mind: jus' me werds. Why would one potential error, (if a poster were to prove such), negate the entire interview?

    Quote Originally Posted by MannieD View Post
    Hope that sand in which you have your head does not get flooded by the rising sea levels.
    N' I hope the next ice age doesn't freeze you into an ice cube.

  9. #19
    australia au queensland
    Location: QLD, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Orion Spur, Milky Way
    Posts: 10,319

    Default

    If you want a scientific opinion on climate change you go to a climatologist.

    Ever noticed how all these scientists against climate change aren't climatologists? Weird.

    The right wing uses the same trick with the whole Evolution vs Creationism/Intelligent Design thing. They find non biologists who agree with them and then quote them in their fight against evolution.

    The scientists arguing against something out of their field are being dishonest. I've seen Richard Dawkins in a lot of vids on youtube debating/talking to creationists. Many times they'll try and stump him by bringing up cosmology or something. Dawkins though will just tell them that's outside of his field and so his can only give them a layperson's opinion on that. That's how it should work.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anikdote View Post
    I'm still on the fence, the science community, who has every incentive to prove each other wrong, seems to be aggregating on the issue, just as they did with evolution.
    Some climate scientists like ta feed on the Gubment grant trough..... N' some play politics of generatin' propaganda fer growin' said Nanny Gubment which generates more Gubment grants fer more studies of the weather.

    Evolution/Darwinism is jus' another religion, (n' the science doen't werk to well there either).

    Not corndemning all climate science here, butt: the global warmin' crew, (from ol' Algore the ol' buffoon on down), is tryin' ta get massive regulation and taxation over all of us ta try ta grow Nanny Gubment's scope n' power at all of our expense, (unless ya don't value yer Liberty), ta try to change the weather. Got some news: they can't change the weather, butt: an oppresive Gubment can crush the economy with massive taxation n' regulation, n' the science of climate change is very unsettled.


    Quote Originally Posted by Anikdote View Post
    Anytime a huge group of people, with every reason to prove one another wrong start to agree on anything I should probably stop just putting my fingers in my ears and at least take a look at it.
    A huge group of people: dim wit Democrats, Liberal/Progressive/Marxist/Statists want to grow the Gubment, and have had cornsiderable success since the time of ol' Teddy Roosevelt. Weather corntrol is their latest strategy fer massive growth regulation n' taxation, (if ya think jus' a wee bit).

    The Gubment can't corntrol the weather, (when China n' India are runnin' wild), butt: it surely can grow in scope n' size ta crush us all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Anikdote View Post
    I'm no hippy envirofreak, but I don't want our country to start looking like China either and part of me does find it hard to believe that we have "no effect whatsoever".
    Mankind prolly has some effect on the climate in the Northern hemisphere, butt: the science of global climate change, solar variation and the orbital dynamics of both earth and the entire solar system around the Milky Way is still unsettled, and very clearly exaggerated fer political grow the Gubment motives by a "huge group of people".

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Climate Change: It's bad and getting worse
    By Wyzaard in forum Environment & Conservation
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: Aug 13 2012, 04:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks