+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: When do we execute Manning?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Up On the Governor View Post
    I will always give our people the benefit of the doubt, but you can never be sure with today's Big Blue.
    I'll have to agree with you and bank on the benefit of the doubt. Me thinks he gave himself away with the "well meaning middle easterners". lol, Islamists.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RiseAgainst View Post
    I'll have to agree with you and bank on the benefit of the doubt. Me thinks he gave himself away with the "well meaning middle easterners". lol, Islamists.
    What?!?! You mean you don't like spending a nice afternoon in the sun sharing a piece of Khubz with someone that wants to blow you up?

israel us tennessee
    My Latest Mood: Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    iF HE WERE jEWISH iNSTED OF gAY , He would have died faster than Tmiothy McVei
    I agree. There is a reason I am a prepper! I want to run and hide from this nutty world, yes I know that nutty is in the eye of the beholder, a subjective term at best that!

I detest that word. It sounds like candy stripper or is that candy striper? ha ha..what a visual. No really, It denotes some kind of light weight survivalist, ha ha... If I were 18 years old I would fight to regain my country and fight against the attack on our traditional values. However I am not going to waste my time for a cause that will take at least twenty years. So I am building a small paradise instead and will work for my countries (soul) survival from there.

Anyway, yep the state fried Tim M. And would have fried Koresh if anything was left. I do not approve of the Death Sentence because the state, ie the nation is only too eager to murder its scape goats.

prepping for security ;

reva
    CHRISTENDOM, PROTECTING THE WORLD FROM RMUSLIM AGGRESSION SINCE 1095 AD. I AM THE CHRISTIAN ZIONIST REVEREND OF THE APOCALYPTIC BEARER OF THE CROSS CHURCH, AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.

4. Default When do we execute Manning?

Never, I hope.

Is he a hero?

Probably not.

But is his crime worthy of the death sentence?

Not even close in my book.

It's a bit of a hot potato, although it should be a legal process only. There is a case for that to be done in order to deter others from doing what he did, but there is a case for information transparency in order to avoid corruption.

He did release video of the apparent murder of innocent people. It will be interesting to see what he puts forward as his motivation and mitigation for what he did.

Whatever he proves, if he released all of that information and it is classified secret, it appears he committed treason.

I agree the system failed, he should not have had ability to do what he did. He is not the only flaw or culpable party.

If US treats him harshly, it will attract criticism. If they don't, it will attract ridicule, set a precedent and open the gate for others to do what he did. I can't see that happening.

They have shown restraint and know the world is watching and to avoid attracting hate and international censure, he needs to receive a fair trial and if found guilty no one can criticise US for exacting the appropriate sentence.

It is nobody's business but US. It's a matter for them to try him. If it was a matter of conscience regarding the murder video he may have some grounds to have released that, but I don't see how he's going to justify the rest of the information and walk away.
    Last edited by Viv; Feb 20 2012 at 04:36 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hate_bs View Post
    I visited wiki leaks. All his supporters do not doubt he leaked it. I will agree with them. He leaked it. What did he leak?

His supporters say he leaked gun camera evidence of civilian deaths. OK I will agree with him he did.

In the first 5 minutes I visited wiki leakes I found:

1 helicopter delivery schedules of food and ammo to foward bases
    2 a report why a helicopter was shot down when it investigated a target on the ground
    3 locations where helicopters have communication problems
    4 the response time to provide air support to an ambushed patrol

If you want to kill a helicopter. You now know where it will be and when to prepare an attack. You know where they will have trouble calling for help. You know how to lure it in. You also know when to run away before more help arrives to rescue them.

That was just in 5 minutes looking at .0000001% of the leaked documents.

I say excute him slowly.
    So sad to see this tripe here.

If he is executed, I guess his last words will be something like "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country," eh?

...Nathan Hale
    Last edited by MegadethFan; Feb 20 2012 at 05:49 AM.
    ---------------------------
    I'm willing to change my position at any time on any issue. I have done so in the past. All you need is a logical, provable case, and I'm all in. The question is, have you got what it takes?
    Oh, and just so you're not confused, I'm an apatheist libertarian.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." --Noam Chomsky

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    It's a bit of a hot potato, although it should be a legal process only. There is a case for that to be done in order to deter others from doing what he did, but there is a case for information transparency in order to avoid corruption.

He did release video of the apparent murder of innocent people. It will be interesting to see what he puts forward as his motivation and mitigation for what he did.

Whatever he proves, if he released all of that information and it is classified secret, it appears he committed treason.

I agree the system failed, he should not have had ability to do what he did. He is not the only flaw or culpable party.

If US treats him harshly, it will attract criticism. If they don't, it will attract ridicule, set a precedent and open the gate for others to do what he did. I can't see that happening.

They have shown restraint and know the world is watching and to avoid attracting hate and international censure, he needs to receive a fair trial and if found guilty no one can criticise US for exacting the appropriate sentence.

It is nobody's business but US. It's a matter for them to try him. If it was a matter of conscience regarding the murder video he may have some grounds to have released that, but I don't see how he's going to justify the rest of the information and walk away.
    What video showed civilains being murdered? When did the Hague/UN investigate?
    I have no joy in strife,
    Peace is my great desire;
    Yet God forbid I lose my life
    Through fear to face the fire. -Henry Van Dyke

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IgnoranceisBliss View Post
    What video showed civilains being murdered? When did the Hague/UN investigate?
    They cant because, typically, the US doesn't recognize international courts of justice. Now why would a nation that loves liberty and justice so much reject such basic institutions? Answer: they are guilty of such immorality themselves.
    ---------------------------
    I'm willing to change my position at any time on any issue. I have done so in the past. All you need is a logical, provable case, and I'm all in. The question is, have you got what it takes?
    Oh, and just so you're not confused, I'm an apatheist libertarian.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." --Noam Chomsky

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerkampfwagen View Post
    Execute those who allowed him access to information he wasn't supposed to have access to in the first place.
    That's so stupid.
    http://www.politicalruck.us Talking About the Idiots in Washington!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IgnoranceisBliss View Post
    He had a top secret clearance. He knew EXACTLY what he was and wasn't suppossed to do. The only "screw up" was letting one person have so much access to so much information.
    WRONG! He had "Secret Clearance" not "Top Secret"
    http://www.politicalruck.us Talking About the Idiots in Washington!

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast