+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The End is Nigh says 3 million americans .

1. Default

The americans can share the bunkers together. Since the forum secret is out.

Brokeback political forum.
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think the sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHeadKen View Post

It's not St. Andreas. It's San Andreas.
    Thx for the correction and congratulations for being this months "Pedant Award winner "

"It is not because they are Zionists that they are evildoers. It is because they are evildoers that they are Zionists." Rabbi Yoshe Freund.
    1)The news and truth are not the same thing."- - (Walter Lippman)
    2) " Changing the past is the one power denied to God , that's why he tolerates historians"
    3)" If the facts don't fit the theory , then change the facts." ?
    4) INFAMY! INFAMY ! ----- sumin's got it,--- inferme

wales uk wales

Quote Originally Posted by talonlm View Post
    Frightened of the right, are you? Or is it frightened of the resopnsibilty?

And, at any rate, none of the Republicans have much to show me. My interests are much more isolationist than anyone else up there, so you'd probably rather my political beliefs reign. Unfortunately, there are the UBLs and Tojos and Hitlers of the world who would seem to disagree, so that's not the way of things in this world. But we are way too interventionalist, that's for certain, and I'd love to see that changed.

As for the 'gun nut' comment, it is what it is. I've seen the thread, I know what you're referring to. My children know how they are to act around weapons, my weapons are secured. My family has owned weapons for generations, we've never had an incident like it. Why are you calling me a 'gun net?'

As for the incident you refer to, it's the weapons' owner's responsiblity. It's a choice to own weapons; you chose to do so, you also chose to take on the responsiblity to ensure their weapons are properly secured. That's the responsiblity of the person owning the weapon, not the government.

Personal responsiblity. Something a lot of people the world over should study and live.
    What on earth are you talking about? You have as much personal responsibility as a flea.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Whatever , happens , I dont think our citizens will panic + paranoid as Americans in stocking up with firearms in order to kill each other. Well at least not before you lot have done so . LOL .
    I guess those with a measure of independence all left your island nation some time ago, leaving behind those with a natural inclination to be subjects to authority and a tendency toward unquestioning obedience. If I had to between a extremely small risk that someone with a gun might shoot me some day, or to live in a nation covered in CCTV, I think I'd take the one that is still largely free of surveillance but ever so slightly more dangerous. Not that I'm happy with the way things are going here; I think the US will eventually become as paranoid and fearful as Britain, but by then I plan to be long gone.
    Last edited by BleedingHeadKen; Feb 23 2012 at 01:12 PM.
    "The principle that the end justifies the means is, in individualist ethics, regarded as the denial of all morals. In collectivist ethics it becomes necessarily the supreme rule" -- F. A. Hayek.
    "A day, an hour, of virtuous liberty is worth a whole eternity in bondage" -- Joseph Addison's "Cato, A Tragedy" (1713)
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

5. Default

Don't be so sure. Earthquakes happen everywhere, and London is certainly in a position to have a bad one. California is well prepared for them, for the most part, but I'm not going to rely on FEMA to get it right. There are many other things that can happen, such as floods and tidal waves. Will you rely on your pleasant English government to come to your rescue before your neighbors come looking for your food supply?

It's not St. Andreas. It's San Andreas. You might as well refer to my city as St. Francis and I'll refer to your capital city as Londinium.
    Minor correction...'San' is Spanish for 'Saint' in CA, it is quite typical for towns to be named after saints because, at one time, a chain of Catholic 'missions' populated the area along a road that was called El Camino Real with 21 missions, 4 presidios, pueblos etc.
    Coal is radioactive....

6. Default

I guess those with a measure of independence all left your island nation some time ago, leaving behind those with a natural inclination to be subjects to authority and a tendency toward unquestioning obedience. If I had to between a extremely small risk that someone with a gun might shoot me some day, or to live in a nation covered in CCTV, I think I'd take the one that is still largely free of surveillance but ever so slightly more dangerous. Not that I'm happy with the way things are going here; I think the US will eventually become as paranoid and fearful as Britain, but by then I plan to be long gone.
    'Ever so slightly' more dangerous? Ken, your gun-crime statistics are appallingly high. The last time I checked CCTV couldn't kill me, or go on a shooting spree. I would say, though, that far too much money is spent on CCTV installation by cash-strapped local authorities, and for little apparent benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Thx for the correction and congratulations for being this months "Pedant Award winner "

I'll take the Pedant Award and return the favor with the award to you for Most Patronizing.
    "The principle that the end justifies the means is, in individualist ethics, regarded as the denial of all morals. In collectivist ethics it becomes necessarily the supreme rule" -- F. A. Hayek.
    "A day, an hour, of virtuous liberty is worth a whole eternity in bondage" -- Joseph Addison's "Cato, A Tragedy" (1713)
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

Location: About two feet from the center of the universe. Just ask her.

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? You have as much personal responsibility as a flea.
    Can't handle the argument so attack the poster? Not exactly an innovative debating technique, Iolo.

Do you disagree with the idea of making people responsible for themselves? Do you feel a government is better able to determine what a person should or should not do? That is, after all, at the core of this discussion on 'preppers.' Someone who prepares generally feels they are responsbile for themselves and their families in a time of crisis for a reasonable amount of time. Stockpile a little food, a little water, get a generator, make sure you have fuel for your vehicles, medical supplies on hand, all to hold out for a week or two while the government gets their collective act together. (You will, of course, have your extremists out there.) And part of that preparation, for me, at any rate, includes a method of protection, in this case, firearms.

canada ca british columbia
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia - US Citizenship renounced

Quote Originally Posted by raymondo View Post
    Any End of the World story has me yawning before the end of the title .
    However , for many years I have wondered when the next Polarity Change ( Geomagnetic Reversal )would occur --- and this will happen . Grade one Science .

In that spirit , I commend the You Tube interviews of Dr Paul La Violette who is a world renowned , if maverick , astrophysicist and an out -and -out very clever man .
    For those with short attention spans --- forget it .
    But anybody who perseveres will be nicely pole axed , and the language used is OK without the need for multi degrees in abstruse disciplines .
    And suddenly Mayan predictions are not as bonkers as you possibly first thought .
    Unfortunately in this scenario there are no survivors -- as the Dinosaurs "attest"

that would be an excellent post if it made sense.
    "There is no greater barrier to knowledge than contempt without prior investigation" Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by RPA1 View Post
    Minor correction...'San' is Spanish for 'Saint' in CA, it is quite typical for towns to be named after saints because, at one time, a chain of Catholic 'missions' populated the area along a road that was called El Camino Real with 21 missions, 4 presidios, pueblos etc.
    Hence my sarcastic comment about referring to my city, "San Francisco" as "St. Francis". "San Andreas" is the proper name of the fault and should not be anglicized.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast