Why Rick Santorum has won me over.

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Emagatem, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Emagatem

Emagatem New Member

About 10 months ago, I posted this:
    And now, I believe there's a clear solution. At the moment, the general election could go either way and I'd definitely prefer Obama to anyone remaining in the Republican field. So, I just want to weaken the Republican base as much as possible to help Obama out come November.

That said, we have a choice between four candidates: Gingrich, Paul, Romney, and Santorum. I can safely say that Paul has no chance to win the nomination, so that leaves three candidates who could still pull through. And out of those three, Santorum is clearly the most out of touch with American conservatism. In an increasingly libertarian party that seems to care less and less about social issues, Santorum sticks out as a man without a clear economic agenda who's more famous for dissing homosexuals than for any other issue. Republicans are currently having a minor fling with him, as kind of a desperate last resort to avoid electing Romney. This is the time for we liberals to stand up and try to extend that brief fling into an awkward premature romance! If Republicans are still stuck with Rick Santorum in November, they'll get disheartened and lose their energy, having long since realized that Santorum's top priorities are not their top priorities. Obama would be re-elected for sure.

So, come on, everyone who'd like to see Obama win a second term: join the campaign for SANTORUM 2012!

[​IMG]

Sadanie and (deleted member) like this.
  2. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Well I hate Obama but I think your strategy is very valid.

3. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

If you want Obama to win hands down then put Ron Paul up against him.

You'll have the most die hard red blooded republican conservatives in the country voting for Obama if you did that, along with Obamas normal supporters. Or have most republicans not voting at all.

4. Emagatem

Emagatem New Member

That's the thing, I don't think Paul has a chance to win. The only way Paul could win the nomination is if all three of his opponents have juicy sex scandals in the next few weeks.

5. Nightmare515

Not even that would work lol...

Remember were talking about Republicans here. If Paul won the nomination you'd probably see a headline something like this
    "For the first time in history the Republicans have decided to forfeit their nomination and congratulate the Democrats on winning a second term by default".

Republicans wouldn't give that guy a chance at taking over the country. Not on their watch. Paul scares the crap out of them. Me included.

6. Subdermal

Subdermal Banned

I'm a Paul supporter, and about as Conservative as anyone on this forum.

7. AshenLady

AshenLady New Member Past Donor

hahahhahha....santorumwonuover

because

it will be a laughable landslide for obama come sept.

count on it:pc:

8. Nightmare515

Elections are so weird is amazing anyway.

Bush had already been almost unanimously voted the worst president in history with people willing to vote in their neighbor for POTUS over him yet he still managed to win back in 04.

There is just no telling with these things.

9. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

10. Emagatem

Emagatem New Member

Fortunately, no, he's not. He is, however, seriously in a position where he could become the Republican nominee.

11. driller80545

driller80545 New Member

I will be voting for Dr. Paul. If you people could ever come up with some other reason besides "he can't win" I might actually check it out. You people are so manipulated be the television that I cannot take anything that you say seriously. Come on, people, do some research.

12. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

UGH. Santorum cannot beat Obama. All he has to do is bring up santorum's terrible loss, his horribly bigoted stance on social issues, and the fact that alot of people think he is the most corrupt.

13. Emagatem

Emagatem New Member

Here's a little research: Ron Paul is polling first place in only one state (South Dakota).

14. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

Seriously. If everyone that said they liked Dr. Paul except he can't win actually voted for Ron Paul, he would win by a landslide. Of course the official estimates for delegates has him at last place (in case anyone was wondering, not a single delegate has actually been officially given to any candidate, not even in Iowa) but more accurate counts have him possible being at a close tie for first because of his strength in caucus states and the fact that caucus percentages don't necessarily direct show how many delegates are awarded to a candidate. Its all about the showing.

15. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

He is doing alot better than people are giving him credit for. Wait until some actual delegates come out (there haven't been any official assigned delegates yet) and we will see where he actually stands. besides why are people willing to throw out their values just to vote for a guy because he looks like he can win? I would rather have Paul and lose than have santorum. he is just awful.

16. driller80545

driller80545 New Member

This proves my point.

17. Nightmare515

I dont think Paul would win because his views are just too radical for mainstream voters. He might just be what America needs I dont know, I dont think so either but thats a different story, but I dont believe mainstream voters will go for his policies.

18. Emagatem

Emagatem New Member

Unfortunately for Paul's supporters, perception is reality. If voters don't give him credit for doing well, then he isn't doing well.
    It is vastly unlikely that delegates from communities that don't support Paul will vote for Paul.
    Because most people vote in order to make a difference, not make a statement.
    I thought your point was that Paul could win. Which is, you know, false: his campaign is failing.

19. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Boxxy fans want to be taken seriously on political matters. S'funny. Stick with Xbox live and 4chan, thanks.

20. Emagatem

Emagatem New Member

At least we don't throw away our votes for her like Ron Paul fans do with their guy. ;)

21. driller80545

driller80545 New Member

I surely won't waste my vote by voting for "more of the same". Seems to me that you won't fix anything by voting for the same philosophy that created the mess in the first place. But maybe you think that everything is going well. Oh well......

22. Nightmare515

No but logic and the way the voting system works means you kind of have to vote for a candidate with a logical chance of winning.

You won't fix anything by voting for someone with no chance in hell of winning just like he wont fix anything by voting for "more of the same".

23. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's actually pretty mild for Santorum.

This guy lost his re-election for a 3rd term in the Senate and so he thought it would be a good idea to run for President... lol.

I wonder if he's not being propped up by liberals and progressives...

24. driller80545

driller80545 New Member

I will vote for whom I think best for the idea of America. I will not let anyone influence that vote with propoganda. I will not let the television and radio talking heads decide for me who is electable. It is irrelevant to me what they think.

25. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

“They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues.

That is not how traditional conservatives view the world. There is no such society that I’m aware of, where we’ve had radical individualism and that it succeeds as a culture.”

- Rick Santorum

One point to Santorum for being honest
    Two points removed because he's suuuuch a (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)bag.