Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Racism?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Zook, Feb 12, 2012.

?

Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Racism?

1. Yes, I'm White and I have been a victim of racial abuse from blacks

35.7%
  2. Yes, I'm White and have been a victim of racial abuse by other races

39.3%
  3. No, I'm White and have never been racially abused

17.9%
  4. Yes, I'm black and have been a victim of racial abuse by Whites

7.1%
  5. Yes, I'm black and have been a victim of racial abuse by other races

3.6%
  6. No, I'm black and have never been a victim of racial abuse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yes, I'm of another race and have been a victim of racial abuse

3.6%
  8. No, I'm of another race and have never been racially abused

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zook

Zook New Member

This could be either physical or verbal.

I was a victim of a lot of verbal racism when I was younger and a couple of times it got physical. All from blacks. I've been called every racial slur in the book for simply being White (even though I'm not technically 100% White.)

I never retaliated because I'm civilized.

It always makes me laugh when a someone says black "people" cannot be racist. I was racially abused a lot by them and it hurt at the time.

Share your personal experiences with racism. (I'm not talking about on the internet either.)

2. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

Im not sure if any english footballers post here but there has been a sharp increase of racism by whites in the premier league.
    While the Football Association has condemned such behaviour, recently banning a player for 8 games and sacking the England captain for racism, it appears that in the same breath they appointed a man as England manager who has previously been in the dock for racially abusing other players.

What a complete joke our leaders are. Fcuking hypocrites and ppl lacking moral and intellectual fibre the lot.

3. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yea ... on this Forum of all places. :censored:

4. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

I seem to recall a rugby player, whose name I can no longer remember, who stated that the game was run by 57 old farts.

The same is true of soccer today.

5. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

I'm a mixed race of Cherokee and white, so I get a lot of bigotry from whites and other people because of that.

I get a lot of other different kinds of bigotry too, so it's no stranger to me.

Oh yes, and it's always my fault, and absolutely nobody else does any wrong, simply because I exist.

6. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

Strange. I've never heard someone say that.

Anybody can be racist.

Racism is a psychiatric disorder that can affect anyone, no matter what colour or race they are.

7. Zook

Zook New Member

I was watching a video earlier that made me add that comment into the OP. This woman is completely insane...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpcAcUQu4qA"]James Edwards & Jesse Lee Peterson Debate Roland Martin & Molly Secours on Paula Zahn NOW - YouTube[/ame]

You'd be surprised by how many people say blacks cannot be racist.

8. SpotsCat

SpotsCat New Member Past Donor

I answered "No", but I must qualify that statement - I've never been racially abused that I remember. There may have been times that it happened, but I don't remember them - I don't dwell on such things.

9. Cigar

Zook ... it looks like you simply can't get away from Racism. :)

Have you ever thought that it could be following you? :rolleyes:

10. Zook

Zook New Member

If only the majority of black "people" felt the same.

11. Cigar

Yes ... I had an idiot test me once, but not twice, he's now born again. :)

Sometimes you just need to explain things a little more clearly in order to be fully understood.

12. martin_777

martin_777 Member

I was many times a victim of verbal abuse and visual harassment, like when person gives you with no apparent reason a terrorizing hateful animal look, like you are a pray and he is going to kill you, you know, like from "Friday 13". Mostly from blacks and latinos.

13. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

I am a European, and have been the victim of reverse discrimination in hiring.
    And the victim of racially-targeted crime when I unknowingly got out of the car in a hispanic neighborhood during a vacation to the USA. (I will mention, however, that one old hispanic man did help fend off the little brown demon-youth that attacked me and stole my credit card. He warned me in broken english that it was unsafe for a "person like you to be around here.") I later came to understand that most of the whites in the USA know where the "bad" places are, and try to stay away from those places. These "bad places" are all ethnic neighborhoods, although apparently many asian neighborhoods are very safe. These types of warnings were never in the tourist books I read about.

14. MegadethFan

MegadethFan Well-Known Member

Zook and (deleted member) like this.
  15. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

White male- I can honestly say I cannot ever recall having been the victim of racism. I live in one of the most racially diverse cities in the United States and I have never encountered it.

16. martin_777

martin_777 Member

Interesting, I have a completely different experience from life in San Francisco and Bay Area. Maybe you are working from home or something like that. I've never experienced anything worse, as a racism towards whites in Bay Area. Always thinking to move away from here. All this "diversity" programs and liberals turned a beautiful city San Francisco into a shi*t hole, at least most parts of it. You go on a main street, which is a Market Street and there are peeing, pooping, even fuc*king people on the street, change beggars, garbage all over, you feel very threatened by these blacks, always shouting something hateful at your back... Add these gay districts. Disgusting. I can say that all human shi*t, dirt and perversion flows through gutters to San Francisco. I still can't understand why property is so expensive there. I won't live there even for free. Thanks God that my company moved away from location at Market Street. :puke:
    I was harassed there almost everyday, coming/leaving work or while going for a lunch.
    ...If I can decode correctly SFJEFF = "Jeff from SF".

17. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

Me too, I guess it's because I am a friendly person. Normally if you are a n0b ead *cough* no- names, then ppl will find whatever reason to give you hell and if that's cause you look different then so be it, you shouldn't be a n0bhead.

18. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

I am Latino and have been fired from a job by a boss who hated Hispanics back in the early 1970s. In youth I was beaten up by a White gang and denied entrance into segregated tennis courts and bowling alleys back in the 1960s. Such was life back in those days.

19. saturn

saturn New Member

I'm Black and I've experienced racial abuse from Whites. In high school I remember a few White kids who frequently threatened to "lynch" me. In middle school and high school, the majority of the kids who bullied me were White.

I have also have gotten some racial abuse from Hispanics. It happened on the job of all places. It came in the form of frequent jokes.

20. submarinepainter

submarinepainter Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am white and have never been subject to this behavior but I have 3 grandkids who are of mixed race and it was shocking the first time I heard someone call them names, when I look at them I see my father.

21. Ekeleferal

Ekeleferal Member Past Donor

Mixed race here.

---Black racism: This came mostly in the accusation of "white boy" or the question "why do you act so white"?. k-12 I went to predominately black schools. I don't use slang and my sentences are typically grammatically correct, hence the aforementioned accusations and questions. Whenever I'd get this type of flak I'd wonder why it was a white thing to use proper English.
    ---A lot of blacks either forget you are mixed race or simply consider mixed race people to be just another black dude because I was privy to all sorts of things spoken about whites when I was among blacks. Things like "white people are evil" or "they think they own everything, let one come up in here and see what happens.". White girls were spoken of easy ass and just something to (*)(*)(*)(*) with. When I'd hear crap like that I would feel protective of my mother and decide not to be around those types of people.
    ---There was a time I went over to the home of a friend's boyfriend. First thing through the door I get awkward eye contact from the father of the house who says "Why you bringing this pretty boy in the house, he might be one of them.". He was referring to my mixed-race and alluding to the idea I might not be on his "side".

---White Racism: I haven't typically received any overt racism from whites, it is more subtle. Ages 17-22 when I dated my white ex I'd get long stares when entering restaurants serving all white patrons. We were shopping in an Italian market and were being stared at by some old woman behind the deli counter. She muttered something in Italian and her co work-worker said "just because they can't understand you doesn't mean you can talk about them.".
    ---Being mixed race whites treat me like some envoy from the black community, it is kind of amusing. I always get asked questions like "why do black do this?" or "Is it true that.....".
    ---My white grandparents did suggest my mother abort my older sister because of the race mixing, and for a long time they thought it wouldn't end up well. They never shunned us or hid us but it took them awhile for it to feel natural to them.
    ---The most over racism I've experienced did come from whites. I stepped out of a movie theater in Northern Michigan and some kids riding by on a bike starting whooping like monkeys.

Other Racism---I have never noticed any racism from any other race than white or black, perhaps some Asian but I can't say that for sure. My appearance is chameleon in that most racial groups think I belong to theirs: I have been mistaken for Colombian, Mexican, Lebanese, Italian, Arab, and Indian. However, white and blacks typically peg me as mixed.

SpotsCat and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Zook

Zook New Member

Thanks for sharing your story. I always enjoy reading your posts.

23. Ekeleferal

Ekeleferal Member Past Donor

--Thank you.

24. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Around 14 years ago when I was still oin High School, two new girls started. Aboriginal girls who hated everything about us, and would beat up the white kids. Both myself and a friend were a victim of abuse, and I know of another boy who was bashed on his way home from school - the mother stopped the car and allowed her brats to get out and kick the (*)(*)(*)(*) out of this kid.
    They had a few names they called us, but mostly they just refered to the fact we were white like we were somehow inferior to them.

My friends and I used to call them tribal girls behind their backs. Those kids bashed up one to many people before the school (which hadn't acted months ago, probably because of the 'backlash' they feared if they expelled some black kids) finally expelled them.

25. martin_777

martin_777 Member

Interesting, I see that none-whites posting 1-2 stories of being a victim for their entire life.
    I personally tired to count. I get something like 1-3 harassments per year.