promoting homosexuality to children banned in Russia

Discussion in 'Gay & Lesbian Rights' started by Anders Hoveland, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

[​IMG] [​IMG]

http://rt.com/news/prime-time/lgbt-law-petersburg-scandal-835/

*Whereas the European Court of Human Rights has ruled against free speech violations when it is against homosexual activists, it has ironically ruled against free speech rights to those with opposing views.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/02/09/swedish-anti-gay-flyers-not-covered-by-free-speech-rights/

It need not even be mentioned that virtually all of the organisations involved with collaboration between the European Union member states are progressively biased.

The two pictures at the top are from Western media sources covering the story.
    This is what the St. Petersburg march really looked like:
    [​IMG]

2. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're very anti-gay in Russia. It's going to take more time for things to settle into the proper spaces in their society.

3. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Rather ironic considering that that mobs of gay activists helped form barricades protecting the new president Boris Yeltsin in the Russian White House. It is rumored that Yeltsin's initial decrees were actually printed on xerox machines in the newly formed gay organizations!

4. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I guess they'll be needing lots of glitter in Russia

Interesting that the only problem they face in Russia right now is creating a new gender or race for those who engage in gay sex. I guess the economy and quality of medicine is A.O.K in Russia

5. DevilMay

DevilMay Well-Known Member

Except that it's the lawmakers who are wasting everyone's time by focusing on pointless, discriminatory bills imposing a special disability on gay people.

6. sec

sec Well-Known Member

by not performing indoctrination on children? What kind of disability is that?

Again, the LGBT movement is so militant in wanting to legislate acceptance that they could care less about more vital issues

7. DevilMay

The special disability is that it would completely ban teachers and youth workers from talking to younger gay people about their sexuality, whilst anything to do with the orientation of heterosexual students is fine.

LGBT rights campaigners aren't trying to accomplish anything with this - it's a deliberate attack on gay people. The lawmakers in Russia are busy drawing up special rules against them rather than focusing their attention on the things that matter... Sooo I have no idea what you're talking about. Clearly here the anti-gay crowd are the ones focusing on pointless issues.

8. sec

sec Well-Known Member

so Russia needs a special program where teachers and youth workers discuss gay sex? Why????

9. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Just to add, St. Petersburg has 5.1 million inhabitants.

That is more than the states of Oregon and Maine combined.

The country of Norway has only 4.8 million people.

10. DevilMay

I never said they need that. I don't think that even exists. Don't you understand that ANY personal discussion by public officials (teachers, councillors) about the sexuality of the students who say they are gay will be effectively banned by this. Yet a straight student can ask anything about theirs and there's no discouragement. For someone who is against "special rights", it feels like you're coming to the defense of something that imposes a special disability.

11. sec

sec Well-Known Member

to be fair, if a student wants to go to a teacher and discuss how his girlfriend said he was too small/large for her then a boy who has gay sex should be able to do the same.

I don't think there is a lot of those conversations going on between teachers and students thus I do not see the outrage about not discussing gay sex acts

12. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

Nonsense. They are merely prohibited from promoting homosexuality. Not discussing it.

13. DevilMay

Coming from a country where we had a similar law, trust me when I say that teachers and councillors wouldn't go anywhere near the subject for for fear of being prosecuted or losing their jobs. "Promotion" is a very ambiguous term and could be applied to situations like a gay student asking for relationship advice, sexual health advice, or just general guidance dealing with who they are. To say it doesn't impose a special disability on gay people is asinine.

14. DevilMay

And they won't be able to under this law... Teachers and school councillors/youth workers won't go anywhere near it.

"Promotion of homosexuality" isn't just limited to banning discussions of gay sex. It silences every aspect of asking for advice - from relationships to identity.

15. dixon76710

I said it doesnt prohibit them from discussing homosexuality. Ill wait here while you run down that strawman.

16. DevilMay

Blah blah blah... Strawman this, presumption of paternity that. You're like a little yapping dog that won't be quiet. Seriously.

"I would respond in kind but I would be summarily banned". Go on... You know you want to.

17. dixon76710

I never said it "doesn't impose a special disability on gay people", I said it doesnt ban "teachers, councillors" from discussing homosexuality, It bans them from promoting it. This-

is a strawman.

18. DevilMay

It's a general statement, I never said you actually said it didn't impose a special disability. Obviously you acknowledge that fact.

Me and Sec were talking about that, hence why I said it.

19. DevilMay

The point is "promotion" is an ambiguous term. It can be used to quash any discussion of the subject in front of kids quite easily. It happened in Britain with 'Section 28'.

20. Osiris Faction

Osiris Faction Well-Known Member

Exactly. The vagueness of it makes it a very touchy subject.

In essence it makes teachers fearful of talking about the subject at all for fear they may lose their job.

This has been done in some places in the US. It was under the term "neutrality" then. It was also said to ban "encouraging" homosexuality. It meant that teachers couldn't reprimand students who were gay bashing because it might be seen or construed as "encouraging" homosexuality. They couldn't correct students for using offensive or derogatory terms such as "(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)" or "dyke" because that might be seen as "encouraging" homosexuality.

It's a disgusting policy that only leads to more confusion for teachers and students. It ultimately leaves students vulnerable to forms of bullying and teachers powerless to intervene in instances of bullying.

21. dixon76710

I suspect you just made that (*)(*)(*)(*) up off the top of your head.

22. JeffLV

JeffLV Well-Known Member Past Donor

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWIoQB-n2xw"]MSNBC - Tammy Aaberg On Anoka-Hennepin School District's Anti-Gay Bullying Policy - YouTube[/ame]

The school district mentioned in this video has a similar policy of neutrality.

23. dixon76710

Nothing there to support your assertion

But I can see that you didnt make up the policy, you just made up what it "meant".

24. websthes

websthes Banned

Good. Homosexuality is a mental disorder. These freaks need to understand that their perverted behavior is not going to be tolerated in the new Russia.

25. JeffLV

JeffLV Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well then I proved what I wanted to prove at least.

What the russian law actually does is another topic. It is disturbingly similar to neutrality policies in the US that makes it difficult for teachers and school faculty to support gays suffering from bullying and low self esteem. Although the russian law seems to have more to do with public demonstrations, in which case that may be a different issue.

I'd support demonstrations that say "it's OK to be gay", not that "you should be gay!". There's a difference. And it depends on what they mean by "promote".