+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sly Julia on 4 Corners

1. Default

Juliar Gilliard

Its in there twice like someone hiding a knife behind their back

Yea I dont like the name calling either but thats where its degenerated too after the heavy anti-Howard mania the ALP spun out for 2006/2007.

You cannot blame her really, not only was/is she a lawyer which clearly rythmes with liar on more then one level, but it would have been hard not to learn such bad habits working so closely with the unions for so long as their lawyer, and now lacky.

australia au victoria

Quote Originally Posted by culldav View Post
    For arguments sake; just name one other political leader living or deceased that wrote cheques to dead people without checking first, and also gave Australians money but they were living overseas at the time and therefore could not possibly help Australia's economy?

Seriously, if you don't consider that total incompetence from a politician leading your country and using your money; then you are a lost cause.
    I'm sorry, are you saying that Rudd sat down and mailed them himself?

Obviously it would have been handled by some department of the public service. With something on that scale there are bound to be errors, it's inevitable. They were relatively minor administrative errors that had nothing to do with him directly, it just looked bad.

Anyway, what is your point? I'm not arguing to put him back in the big chair.

Wow, you guys don't like "name calling", except when it's against people you don't like. Big of you.

I despair for anyone who thinks that Abbott, Bishop and Hockey are a more competent leadership than Gillard and Swan, I really do.

austria

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I despair for anyone who thinks that Abbott, Bishop and Hockey are a more competent leadership than Gillard and Swan, I really do.
    Gillard and Swan are miles ahead of that lot. Nobody in their right mind would seriously vote for the Libs in the next election.

The problem is though the general public has lost all faith in Gillard, and the ALP can't win with her as leader.

Kevin has a chance, albeit a slim one. Julia has none.

No matter how much better she is than Abbott and his motley crew, it's not worth a thing if she can't lead the ALP to victory. She has to step aside for the good of the party (and the country).
    Last edited by Uncle Meat; Feb 14 2012 at 09:23 PM.

When is the next election? They'd have to get rid of her soon if they want to win - which they won't. Abbott will be the next PM, as much as I hate to admit it.
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

"The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Easily, without trying.

austria

Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    When is the next election? They'd have to get rid of her soon if they want to win - which they won't. Abbott will be the next PM, as much as I hate to admit it.

Earliest date for next election (House and Senate), 3rd August 2013
    Latest date for election (House and Senate), 30th November 2013

Abbott won't face the polls.

While we're all busy watching the ALP leadership fight, the Libs will put Malcolm back in as leader.

7. Default

Ju_Liar (the brutus) Gillard

There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than the carbon tax. dumbanddumber

"The cost, paid by big polluters, will be passed through to the prices of the goods you buy." Julia Gillard

"Australian households will ultimately bear the full cost of the carbon price." Ross Garnaut

"A carbon tax does not guarantee emissions reductions" Former Labor Climate Change Minister Penny Wong

8. Default

If you want to stay down the rabbit hole with Gillard and her buddies and believe she is the greatest thing since sliced bread, then that’s your prerogative, but don’t criticise others for calling Gillard an incompetent liar, because that’s what she is.
    Yet this "incompetent liar"'s government has led Australia to be the most successful economy in the developed world.

We need more of these "incompetent liars" it seems

Instead of me rattling off failure after failure from this Rudd/Gillard/Independent/Greens Government; I will just ask you to name me ONE scheme or project this Government did where there was NO incompetence or money squandering?
    Building the Education Revolution

More than 23,670 construction projects have been delivered to Australian schools under the federal government's $16.2 billion BER stimulus program, designed to combat the global financial crisis.
    Complaints were lodged by 3.5 per cent of school communities.

A minority of schools were unhappy with buildings, he said, but "there are going to be some hiccups" when implementing "such a massive project".
    The president of the Federation of Parents and Citizens' Associations of NSW, Helen Walton, said there were cases when P&C associations had to pay for basics such as curtains, air-conditioning and heating after project costs blew out.
    But, overall, she said, "the end product was usually of good quality and provided something to which the school would otherwise not have had access".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/thumb...#ixzz1mR35e4u5

The Home Insulation Safety Program
    The Home Insulation Program was designed primarily to promote employment and stimulate the Australian economy in response to the global financial crisis, but additional benefits of the program included encouraging immediate energy savings and lowering household energy bills.
    It has also been successful in bringing forward significant quantities of emissions reductions that would otherwise not have occurred.

http://www.climatechange.gov.au/publ...eductions.aspx

I personally think you are a moron
    That sort of stuff will get you banned from here

for excusing an incompetent Labor Government and its Ministers when four young Australians died during the home insulation disaster that was directly cause by that incompetent cretin Garrett.
    Not really - the Home Insulation Scheme actually reduced deaths

The work of the CSIRO confirms that fire incidents linked to the installation of insulation occurred prior to the commencement of the HIP.
    The CSIRO has found that, prior to the commencement of the HIP, for every 100,000 households with insulation in place for twelve months or more, around 2.4 fire incidents occur per year

The CSIRO has found that for every 100,000 households installed under the HIP where the insulation has been in place for twelve months or more around 2.5 fire incidents would currently be expected to occur per year2.
    In other words, as at 31 March 2011, the level of risk for households with insulation installed under the HIP is now effectively no different to the level of fire incident risk that existed before the program was implemented.
    The CSIRO report further indicates that the fire incident rate for households with insulation installed under the Home Insulation Safety Program is continuing to decline. In fact once the 150,000 inspections are complete it
    will reduce the residual risk (comparable to the fire callout rate) to an estimated 2.2 per 100,000 per yea
    r3
    http://www.climatechange.gov.au/en/g...t-2011-pdf.pdf

I don’t want to hear anymore of your nonsense as you sound like kid not an adult.
    I don't want to hear any more of Alan Jones' nonsense via you.

Try to read a bit more widely. It is obvious you are simply parroting stuff you heard from a shock-jock. That is why you are always wrong.
    Last edited by bugalugs; Feb 14 2012 at 11:11 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    No. Abbott will not be PM

The Libs may well win the next election. But Abbott wont be leader. And if they win, they will have a minority government with the Greens holding the balance of power.

Malcolm is sitting back watching Tony shoot his mouth off and waiting

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post
    Kevin has a chance, albeit a slim one. Julia has none.
    Here's a curveball for you.

After todays success with stripping the the very rich of their health care rebate - could Tanya Plibersek be elevated as the new "3rd option"?

She handles the media better than Julia. And with the moronic level of the electorate at the moment - that seems to be all that is important.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast