Sly Julia on 4 Corners

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by aussiefree2ride, Feb 13, 2012.

1. aussiefree2ride

aussiefree2ride New Member

Did anyone else see 4 Corners on the night of 13th February?
    The topic was the political assasination of Kevin Adolf Rudd, the underhanded way it was undertaken, the lies and shifty evasion by Julia Gillard regarding this shameful event.

Australia expects honesty from it`s political leaders, Julia Gillard, is a proven liar, an incompetent leader, and an arrogant person. Watching Julia Gillard interviewed is more like watching a snake than watching a stateswoman.

Kevin Rudd was an embarrassment to this Nation, but Julia Gillard has underperformed even Rudd. If we are, as it is said "get the government we deserve" Australians must on that basis, be a weak and pathetic people.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...ph/comments/gillard_flunks_four_corners_test/

2. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

Over the decades we have seen the demise of the intellect of the Australian people to the point of them being a weak, gutless and pathetic people who’s only interest is in their countries sporting achievements, alcohol, and gambling. Australia’s lack of intellect in knowing what’s been politically going on around them has led to the fact that even Indian Universities are now producing higher qualified & experienced graduates over Australian Universities.

If this situation with the troll queen eventuated in the private sector, she would have been instantly dismissed for incompetence, lying and deception, and it time the same rules that govern private sector employees started applying to politicians.

I believe the Australian people should have this question as a referendum question at the next election.

As my grandmother once said: you bring politicians back to an equal playing field with normal people, and then we will get the right politicians who will want to Govern Australia for the right reasons.

Yes. Gillard and her mongrel Government are an embarrassment, but look what is in opposition. The Liberals are not looking like winners who are advocating changes and making policy. I don’t want politicians governing my country anymore simply because they fall into the winners circle on their opponents mistakes - I want them to start wining for a change and start earning their LARGE tax payer funded salaries.

I want Tony Abbott to tell me HOW he going to make my country a better place for me to live in, and by what means he is going to do this.

I want Tony Abbott to tell me why he thinks giving Indonesia $500million dollars of tax payer money every year for free is a good thing and why giving $4billion in foreign aid every year is also a good thing considering here in Australia we have over 300,000 homeless people and NO mental health system, and children are leaving schools still not being able to read and write. Why not cancel the foreign aid and start using that money to help the destitute Australians for a change..

3. Oxyboy

Oxyboy New Member

LOL

This thing lies more than most of ‘em, hey?

She only made the decision to challenge that morning!! The contemptuous (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)!

4. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

It was an interesting show, that's for sure.

I was a little surprised to see Joe de Bruyn willing to be interviewed.

Gillard's inability to directly answer a question is infuriating.

The replay of that footage isn't going to help her one bit.

Her days are certainly numbered.

Will it be Kev who takes the ALP to the next election, or the GG's son-in-law?

5. culldav

She is a born pathological liar, and her parents must be totally ashamed of her.

The troll queen is however not the only politician who avoids answering the most basic of questions; they all do it. Considering 90% of them as former failed solicitors from the private sector, what did everyone expect from these parasites?

It will depend if Labor wants to get defeated or annihilate in the next election will determine what the Labour “back-room” puppet masters will do.

If Labor wants to get defeated swiftly with minimum losses, then they will keep Gillard. If they want to be annihilated, they will replace her before the next election, and this I believe will force Tony Winsor to issue a “no confidence” motion in the Government. Doing so will mean Labor will be annihilated not only for politically stabbing one PM in the back and replacing him, but they have now done it to two serving PM’s.

Anyone who replaces Gillard before the next election will be given the “poison Challis” of political careers.

I don’t believe anyone associated with the Rudd/Gillard Labor Government will ever be forgiven by the Australian people for their incompetence. Therefore, Labor will have to start fresh with all new faces, and that won’t include Billy “toss” Shorten.

6. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

Bill will still be there. Along with Stephen Smith and Ms Wong.

However, you're right about the poison challis: I don't think Bill will want the job until after the election.

If the ALP put Kev back in, the Libs will need to replace Abbott with Turnbull.

Interesting times ahead.

7. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Gillard has been exposed for what she is.

[​IMG]

8. culldav

The Job of being PM was just too big on an intellectual scale for Julia, and she really never had a snow-balls chance in hell of ever succeeding. No offence intended, but Gillard talks like a fat down syndrome kid that’s just been given a balloon, and quite frankly; its bloody embarrassing to watch and hear. She has absolutely “no-idea” how to engage another person in an honest conversation.

Unfortunately, Wong; Smith and Shorten have all been tarnished by the Rudd/Gillard incompetent brush, and there is nothing they can do that will erase that.

I personally don’t like Wong. I think she is a traitor and a “turn-coat” and politically would stab you in the back as quick as look at you. She was in the Rudd camp, and then jumped aboard the Gillard train the moment Rudd was politically assassinated - so where does her loyalty lie; with anyone besides Penny.

I think In Gillard’s eagerness to become Australia’s first female PM, she has played into the hands of the puppet masters and been snow-balled herself. Did anyone (I mean unbiased individuals) ever think Gillard had a chance of success after her failures within her own portfolio like BER.

The only thing Gillard’s character has shown the Australian people is exactly what extraordinary lengths this crappy, lying woman would go too.

9. aussiefree2ride

When Gillard was asked if she had knowledge of her office preparing a victory speech two weeks before the event (while she was still declaring loyalty to Rudd) , she slithered about like a crippled snake. Now we have highly suspicious evidence re the Australia Day "riots", the ALP have been using Aborigines as political fodder for years, looks like they just got too sloppy this time.

If this woman was an executive in private enterprise, she`d be in gaol by now.

10. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

FFS - get you hand off it.

You have been listening to too much Jonesy. Hate to break it to you - but the Government hasn't really been that incompetent. That is why our economy is doing well compared to every other developed nation.

Seriously - how can you go on with this crap?

Please don't come back chanting mantras of "pink batts" and "school halls" - both of those programs were actually reasonably successful by any sane standard. Lay off the shock-jocks dude. You are in a fantasy land.

11. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

I doubt that Kev will get another gurnsey.

But watch out for Malcolm. He is waiting for the Abbott/Hockey freak show to play itself out - then he will take the leadership before the next election - and win by a landslide.

If he doesn't, and decides to Costello - then either Labor will be returned, or Libs will have a minority government with an even bigger Green contingent in both houses.

(bookmark this post and come back to it in 18 months)

12. aussiefree2ride

From the poster who convinced himself that Gillard didn`t lie about the carbon tax.

13. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

Another disciple of the Bible of Jones.

few simple facts:
    - Labor introduced a carbon pricing scheme. That was always their policy.
    - They did not introduce a carbon "tax". A carbon tax was Green policy.
    - A market based pricing system is not a "tax". A government regulated price is a tax. And a market-based pricing system with an introductory set price is exactly that - a market-based pricing system with an introductory set priceand entirely consistent with Labor policy

Now - perhaps you could explain to us how this "incompetent" government has given us the strongest economy in the developed world?

14. culldav

If you want to stay down the rabbit hole with Gillard and her buddies and believe she is the greatest thing since sliced bread, then that’s your prerogative, but don’t criticise others for calling Gillard an incompetent liar, because that’s what she is.

Instead of me rattling off failure after failure from this Rudd/Gillard/Independent/Greens Government; I will just ask you to name me ONE scheme or project this Government did where there was NO incompetence or money squandering?

I personally think you are a moron for excusing an incompetent Labor Government and its Ministers when four young Australians died during the home insulation disaster that was directly cause by that incompetent cretin Garrett.

I don’t want to hear anymore of your nonsense as you sound like kid not an adult.

15. Adultmale

Adultmale Active Member Past Donor

Yeah, she can't seem to help herself, every times she opens her mouth a lie comes out, either that or some sly attempt at miss-direction. The way she refused to give a proper answer to the question was just pathetic. Juliar clearly cannot be trusted.

16. culldav

If I was her father; I would be ashamed of her, because there is no justification for what she has done or what she is doing. No one is holding a gun to her head forcing her to do all this, so she made the decision to be a pathological liar, and to use & abuse the Australian people for the sake of her career.

Whoever named Gillard JU-LIAR really hit the nail on the head. She is the pin up girl for what represents a low-life scum-bag politician, and history will reflect that.

17. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Well-Known Member

Leadership take overs are never pretty, but the hysteria around this one is ridiculous. Not surprising though with the gutter tabloid press.

Howard and Costello were at each others throats for years, so were Hawke and Keating. This isn't something unusual, it's not even surprising or shocking. It's plain and simple, a media beat up. Four Corners is just jumping on the bandwagon, they've got ratings to worry about too.

Rudd was rolled, he was extremely unpopular with his colleagues and the public service. It's completely, 100% his own fault that he got replaced. He was not a good leader. He was always just the lesser of two evils. Doubt many people really cared who they were voting for in 07, they just new they weren't voting for Howard again. It is irrelevant whether he could "connect" with the Australian people, or whether he has a better talking voice than Gillard. Who gives a crap? Seriously? Kevin is just as big a bullsh*tter as any other politician. He has a bit more style, "fair shake of the programmatic specificity", but that is all.

The public frickin hated him a year and a half ago. He was getting so much crap from the media. The only thing he had going for him, his public popularity, was shattered. And so, with no support either from the public, the public service, or the ALP caucus, he got replaced. Pretty simple.

Politicians don't deserve "loyalty", I could not give a sh*t if politicans are "loyal" to each other. That's all just factional BS.

Calling Gillard a "liar", as though she had the foresight that she would lose the election and form a minority government, is complete bollucks too. As for lying to the media in the lead up to taking over from Rudd, obviously yes she did. So what? That was pretty well explained, although it should be obvious to anyone who even takes a vague interest in politics. There is nothing sensational about that, it's pragmatic and it's expected.

Abbott has been shown to be a "liar" in interviews countless times, and yet apparently that's okay. Especially now that's he's come out with this "non-core promise" stuff, which is quite laughable.

The reason they don't answer these types of questions is because they don't want a sound byte splashed over all media outlets for days with a massive media beat up.

When they questioned Kevin Rudd at the end, do you seriously think that he wasn't lying? Oh yes, what a "happy/content vegemite" he is. I don't give a crap if politicians lie about "politics", I don't care who backed who, who made what deals with who, who was loyal/disloyal. It means exactly nothing.

Speech writers write hundreds of speeches for all possible scenarios, surely people know this? It's their job, ffs.

Gillard incompetent? No. She's passed the biggest reform package in decades with a minority government. Whether you agree about carbon pricing or not is irrelevant. An incompetent leader could not have got it through. Kevin Rudd couldn't even get it passed when it was a bipartisan issue and he had the lower house FFS.

But she is a poor public speaker, and a poor interviewer, that's plain enough.

How the hell anyone thinks that Abbott will be a better leader than Gillard is really beyond me. He couldn't form government, he couldn't force an election and he couldn't stop carbon pricing going through. Is that what "competence" means to some people? He's not even a good interviewer himself, have we already forgotten the bobble head doll/seizure incident? When Gillard gets backed into a corner by a journo she squirms and miss directs, all pollies do, she's just not very good at it so it stands out. When Abbott gets backed into a corner, he almost has a bloody fit and can't even speak.

If you want to know what an incompetent leader actually is, take a look at Europe, or Africa, the ME, or basically anywhere else other than Australia.

We have a low unemployment rate, low debt, high wealthy, high living standards, big infrastructure upgrades going on and a huge economical/environmental reform starting next year. Is this what incompetent leadership means to you? What happens if the ALP brings in a surplus next budget? Still "incompetent"?

Anyone who thinks our government is incompetent is a complete and utter moron, and really I suspect just opposed to the left in general and would not vote alp anyway, so who cares.

18. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

Actually, it's quite strange: I was thinking the very same thing this morning.

I don't really like those silly names, like The Mad Monk etc, but Ju-Liar really does seem appropriate.

The best thing she can do now is just stand aside, without a challenge.

19. culldav

For arguments sake; just name one other political leader living or deceased that wrote cheques to dead people without checking first, and also gave Australians money but they were living overseas at the time and therefore could not possibly help Australia's economy?

Seriously, if you don't consider that total incompetence from a politician leading your country and using your money; then you are a lost cause.

20. culldav

I don't like the "catch phrases" either, especially coming from people being paid $150K plus. I expect more from them, but this phrase "really" nails Gillard to the wall. She needs to step aside now, and start contemplating that she will be remembered as the worst Australian PM in history. She can always write a book,but only the blinded will buy a copy.

21. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

Juliar Gilliard

Its in there twice like someone hiding a knife behind their back :hmm:

Yea I dont like the name calling either but thats where its degenerated too after the heavy anti-Howard mania the ALP spun out for 2006/2007.

You cannot blame her really, not only was/is she a lawyer which clearly rythmes with liar on more then one level, but it would have been hard not to learn such bad habits working so closely with the unions for so long as their lawyer, and now lacky.

22. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, are you saying that Rudd sat down and mailed them himself?

Obviously it would have been handled by some department of the public service. With something on that scale there are bound to be errors, it's inevitable. They were relatively minor administrative errors that had nothing to do with him directly, it just looked bad.

Anyway, what is your point? I'm not arguing to put him back in the big chair.

Wow, you guys don't like "name calling", except when it's against people you don't like. Big of you.

I despair for anyone who thinks that Abbott, Bishop and Hockey are a more competent leadership than Gillard and Swan, I really do.

23. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Banned

Gillard and Swan are miles ahead of that lot. Nobody in their right mind would seriously vote for the Libs in the next election.

The problem is though the general public has lost all faith in Gillard, and the ALP can't win with her as leader.

Kevin has a chance, albeit a slim one. Julia has none.

No matter how much better she is than Abbott and his motley crew, it's not worth a thing if she can't lead the ALP to victory. She has to step aside for the good of the party (and the country).

24. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

When is the next election? They'd have to get rid of her soon if they want to win - which they won't. Abbott will be the next PM, as much as I hate to admit it.

25. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

Easily, without trying.