A Brokered Convention: Jeb Bush vs Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Spock, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Spock

Spock Banned

The article is written logically and accurate. Since Palins riveting speech at the APAC over the weekend and the praise she is getting, it is logical to assume that she is positioning herself to run and force a brokered convention. If you look at her past statements over the past few months, it is very clear. This is also why she hasn't endorsed anyone but instead she has stayed above the fray and not wasted time with debates that have done little more than dilute the standing of all who have participated. In fact she praises all of the candidates and their supporters but backs Newt “strategically” to keep the process going on as she said. Let's look at this logically, Jeb has his family name as a albatross; Sarah has anti crony capitalism that’s a winner everywhere in the eyes of Americans. Or we can look at it this way, Winston Churchill was, in 1936, 37, 38, and 39 one of the most mocked, derided, and despised men in Britain. "Everybody knew" he was a joke, and dangerous, to boot. Even with panzers rolling through Poland and paratroops landing in Norway, there was no way for him to become PM. Only when the panzers were heading for the Channel was it possible for the old thinking to give way, and for the King to send for Churchill.

I feel like that's where we are at as a nation and the current crop just doesn't have what it takes to lead a winning strategy. Palin looks as though she does according to the support and many ovations she garnished the other night. Spock out.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...a-brokered-convention-jeb-bush-vs-sarah-palin

2. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

What exactly is it with you and Palin? Maybe some of the right wing posters are right. :(

3. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

I would like to choice to come from the declared candidates. I am partial to Ron Paul, but it is not looking good for my guy.

Ron, Jeb, Sarah, Mitt, Newt, and Rick are all superior candidates in comparison to Barack Obama.

I think it will be Mitt, but at the end of the day, we need to support whoever comes out of the GOP process. Otherwise this country is screwed. If I really voted my heart and mind, it would be Gary Johnson (L).

4. Lunchboxxy

Lunchboxxy Well-Known Member

Palin isn't running. She wouldn't dream of it. She has a nice position as a cheerleader that she has no intention of giving up.

Also she is completely unelectable, which I'm sure even she has realized. See the 2008 election for details.

5. BTeamBomber

BTeamBomber Well-Known Member

It's okay, Obama's got your back. You don't need to worry about the worthless candidates on the right this time around. :)