How Planned Parenthood hooks kids on sex (WARNING: graphic material)

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by TheHat, Feb 14, 2012.

1. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

2. prometeus

prometeus Banned

3. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

What a heap of crap. The US has the highest teen pregnancy rate and has the least sex ed in the West. Religion = stupid.

4. Cady

Cady Well-Known Member Past Donor

Interesting that Mississippi, with the highest teen pregnancy rate, has only 2 Planned Parenthood facilities in the state.

5. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/rochester-syracuse/high-school-22729.htm#STI

Without resorting to fear-based materials, preachy slogans or biased statistics, Planned Parenthood promotes abstinence as a positive, healthy choice for individuals. Participants learn assertiveness skills to help them communicate their decision to wait. While we teach abstinence as a component in many of our workshops, we also offer it as a stand-alone program.

Tadah......

6. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

Actually it is biology that hooks people on sex!! I thought that was obvious, but the realities of the world confuse some people!!

7. Gemini_Fyre

Gemini_Fyre New Member

I fail to see how any of this is even connected with religion. I watched the entire video, no mention of religion. However, I have always been against planned parenthood, this is just another reason why I'll not be letting these demented creatures near my children for any reason.

Amen for homeschooling.

8. prometeus

prometeus Banned

You have to get to know hat. Read his posts.
    Then you have that source, not what one would call a fair unbiased site.

That is your prerogative and I hope you base that on some rational reasoning. Why are you against them?

Demented eh? I doubt you have a rational reason for that.

To each their own. Aren't freedom and choice wonderful things?

9. Gemini_Fyre

Gemini_Fyre New Member

Agreed, I am positive he does this for religious reasons. No doubts to that. Why am I against them? Well frankly, I am not so much against them as an organization. I am against them taking my money and devoting it to things I do not believe in. I could say the same about the IRS as a whole but that is not the purpose of this thread.

Demented? Yes, this is a personal reason... one of those freedom and choice things...the same reason I will homeschool my kids.

But for some better reasons, they reduce the government's revenue. They reduce the amount of taxpayers in the future. I know of no corporation that has a department utterly devoted to the decline of its own revenue. If men would show more self restraint, and more women would simply close their legs this wouldn't be such a problem.

There is more to the world than sex.

10. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

It is not a woman's obligation to increase the number of future taxpayers in order to increase the government's revenue. IAC, "future taxpayers" are a drain on government for many years before they become taxpayers and contributors. Every "future taxpayer" must first attend years of schooling, usually publicly funded, and work for a number of years at low pay before he can be considered a contributor. Obviously, you realize that neither will men show more self restraint nor women will close their legs since this would have the same effect as birth control from Planned Parenthood if it were actually practiced....and you don't want that or anything to reduce government's revenue.

11. stig42

stig42 New Member

sex and masturbation are nice ( well if you’re doing it right ) if you’re going to honestly inform kid about it at some point then yes you have to tell them its normal and pleasurable.

if you talk about risks that go along with sex to i don’t see a problem better someone who know what there talking about braking the news to them than other kids some of whom will want to use a hands on approach as they start to get older

i could have used some tips myself started masturbating when i was 12 by dry humping rather got to orgasm that way had been doing the humping thing for a few years

rubbed myself raw and sore after a couple of days till it occurred to me i could use my hands

12. Gemini_Fyre

Gemini_Fyre New Member

Indeed it is not a woman's job to create more taxpayers, never said it was. But it still happens and the government will tax them. And if the woman who is not raped wants to not have children, she can use her birth control, just don't ask me to foot the bill for it. Or for her abortion when her birth control fails her. But the superior option would be closing your legs until ready to have children. Not having sex is a pretty surefire method of not getting knocked up, plus it is cheaper than birth control and abortions. Healthier to boot.

And strictly from an investment view, it is a very good investment. People tend to live, grow old, and die. All while paying taxes. Sure they skate for the first 18 years, and in all honesty they should not be publicly funded but that is another topic entirely. But people have a pretty good working life of about 45+ years. Not to shabby a return. Student loans are another investment. Public money still gets paid back. Uncles Satan...er...Sam is a ruthless, and determined creditor.

And yes, people will show restraint but only if a penalty/reward is affixed to the restraint. Having 3 kids myself I can easily tell you that self control arrives swiftly. Population will always grow until thinned by war,plague, disaster, famine, or act of God. And a growing population will inevitably increase revenues for the government.

But sadly our society doesn't think of self control as much of a merit anymore, not just in regards to sex, but all aspects. From eating, drugs, spending...the list is endless.

Bottom line, if someone wants an abortion or a set of birth control, it should be on them not the taxpayers. I have enough expenses as do other people.

13. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

Interesting disinformation tactic by "lifesitenews"

What they are playing on here is the right wing American predilection to believe in conspiracy theories over fact

They are also using the "Big lie" and daring people to prove them wrong

14. diamond lil

diamond lil Well-Known Member

It's very educational!

Why does the pro life movement always have to preach their agenda using misinformation?

You do yourselves no favours.

The video gives the impression that all of the content is aimed at ten year olds, which isn't the case.

The cartoons of people having sex are aimed at college kids. Young adults.

One of the comments:

What a ridiculous video. I'm against abortion but you really weaken our arguments on this front when you decide to throw in things like homophobia and acting like masturbation is in any way bad. Teenagers are having sex, whether Planned Parenthood are there or not. It's at least better if they get some proper education about STDs and how to use contraception. And a good deal of the stuff mentioned was aimed at college students, how could it not be "age appropriate"?

15. Blasphemer

Blasphemer Well-Known Member

Whats wrong with teenagers having safe sex, except for subjective moral outrsge of puritans?

As long as unintended pregnancies, STDs decrease, I dont care if teenage sex rate increases. There is nothing wrong with sex itself, only the unintended consequences are.

16. Osiris Faction

Osiris Faction Well-Known Member

Let's see...the states without sex ed classes have the highest teen pregnancy rates.

The states with in depth sex ed classes have lower rates.

Wonder what the correlation is there.

17. MegadethFan

MegadethFan Well-Known Member

What was the evidence of the video that was "sick"? aAs for what was presented... bahahaha! that was hilarious! haha lifers are crazy! They really think they can stop people finding out what the clitoris is? Why would they do girls the disservice of not teaching young boys that??!? (*)(*)(*)(*)ing idiots. Kids like to (*)(*)(*)(*). That's what you do when you are a teenager for Christ sake. Its good to see education available to teach young people about safe sex etc. This video was offensive - not the material it criticized. It insinuated homosexuality is abnormal and not alright, as well as the natural tendency of people to be sexually active. Some religious folk are seriously (*)(*)(*)(*)ed up. This is a prime example.

18. MegadethFan

Exactly. Some lifers are total (*)(*)(*)(*)wits.

19. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

You're being pound foolish, like a lot of people. Paying for family planning saves government money. It also prevents abortions. Preaching about self-control saves nothing and costs government a lot of $ in medicaid.

http://www.guttmacher.org/media/nr/2006/11/16/index.html

EACH $1 INVESTED IN TITLE X FAMILY PLANNING PROGRAM SAVES $3.80

Doubling Funding Could Prevent 244,000 Unplanned Pregnancies, Result in Net Savings of Almost $800 Million

Doubling the current $283 million funding level for the federal Title X family planning program could help low-income women prevent an estimated 244,000 unintended pregnancies annually, according to a new Guttmacher Institute analysis. By averting an estimated 116,000 unplanned births, most of which would otherwise be paid for by the Medicaid program, doubling Title X funding could also result in yearly net government savings of almost $800 million—a return of about $3.80 in savings for every $1 increase in Title X funding. The increase could also prevent an estimated 98,000 abortions.
    “The new analysis adds to the already strong evidence that investing in publicly funded contraceptive services can lead to significant reductions in the numbers of unplanned pregnancies, abortions and unplanned births, while saving millions in public dollars,” says Rachel Benson Gold, the Guttmacher Institute’s director of policy analysis and one of the report’s authors. “It’s a common-sense approach that yields huge benefits for women individually, as well as for society overall, especially when combined with other policy steps, such as expanding access to contraceptives through Medicaid.”
    A previous Guttmacher study, released in August, estimated that expanding Medicaid eligibility for family planning services could help women prevent nearly 500,000 unwanted pregnancies and 200,000 abortions, while also averting 225,000 unplanned births and thereby saving $1.5 billion in annual federal and state expenditures.

Cady and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Gemini_Fyre

Gemini_Fyre New Member

Easy answer, poor parenting. And utter lack of education.

21. Gemini_Fyre

Gemini_Fyre New Member

Calling someone foolish because they do not share your view point is poor tactics, and poor bait. I'll not entertain that avenue.

Encouraging self control does wonders, provided that there is a penalty for violating it or a reward for adhering to it. The government could save the money quite easily. If the welfare system had an expiration date on benefits this wouldn't be much of a problem - people would learn from their mistakes, or others. Frankly they shouldn't have benefits at all so they couldn't mooch. If that was the case the self control promotion would be all we needed. The current system is horrendously abused with so hope of repair that I can see.

Bad examples of broke fathers and mothers begging for food, shelter and water are just as effective as exemplary role models for kids to follow.

I learned plenty of lessons from observing others. Others can do the same.

22. MegadethFan

Exactly, hence the necessity of sex education like that described here.

23. Gemini_Fyre

Gemini_Fyre New Member

Allow me to clarify.

I am not some half baked pro life bible waiving moron. Nor did I think you assumed I was(in either case it is irrelevant). I approach this from strictly monetary point of view because asking people to agree on religion is like trying to unscramble an egg, never going to happen. I am a member of the LDS Church, so what? I cannot expect everybody to share my beliefs, nor will I try to force them upon anyone. Especially with legislation.

But people can usually agree on what saves cash. So that is the avenue I approach this topic from.

I am not so much disputing sex education. It needs to be done, preferably by the parents of the offspring. I am just against free contraceptives and abortions at the expense of you and me. Providing these things only promotes reckless behavior which further leads us away from self mastery and self discipline. Something sorely lacking in this country.

"Look before you leap" as the saying goes. Letting somebody fall firmly on their face is one of the best forms of education available. It not only teaches the one who fell, but also the witnesses to the event.

But certainly, educate the creatures. Personally I think that it would be best done by parents, but that is only my opinion.

24. MegadethFan

Fair enough.

Sounds good.

Well I agree with your principle, ie your approach to the topic, however I feel a public form of education, or rather a public standard for all schools (hopefully they are mostly private) is necessary since many parents may not teach their children and children should not be negatively impacted because of this.

OKgrannie and (deleted member) like this.
  25. diamond lil

diamond lil Well-Known Member

One only has to look back at history to see that's complete hogwash.

Victorians considered poverty to be a moral fault, therefore until the advent of the workhouse, nothing was done. Charities did a bit, but they picked and chose who they would help. The deserving poor got something, as they long as they grovelled for it, but the undeserving poor could go to hell.

If starving in the streets is hell, then that's what they often did.

You're reading history backwards, which is always a mistake.

You think so? How?

how did it help in the past?

I think you need to learn a few more.