+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Chicago Called Most Corrupt City In Nation

  1. #1

    Arrow Chicago Called Most Corrupt City In Nation

    Chicago Called Most Corrupt City In Nation

    CHICAGO (CBS) — A former Chicago alderman turned political science professor/corruption fighter has found that Chicago is the most corrupt city in the country.

    He cites data from the U.S. Department of Justice to prove his case. And, he says, Illinois is third-most corrupt state in the country.

    University of Illinois professor Dick Simpson estimates the cost of corruption at $500 million.

    It’s essentially a corruption tax on citizens who bear the cost of bad behavior (police brutality, bogus contracts, bribes, theft and ghost pay-rolling to name a few) and the costs needed to prosecute it.


    “We first of all, we have a long history,” Simpson said. “The first corruption trial was in 1869 when alderman and county commissioners were convicted of rigging a contract to literally whitewash City Hall.”

    Corruption, he said, is intertwined with city politics

    “We have had machine politics since the Great Chicago Fire of 1871,” he said. “Machine politics breeds corruption inevitably.”
    What do you suppose it would be like if we had a president from Chicago? From this political culture of corruption?

    What if this president said he'd have the most transparent admin ever?
    Would it be that way? Would he be truthful?
    Would time bear him out to be an honest and sincere man?

    What would be the impact of such a politician in high office, on America?
    Last edited by Trinnity; Feb 14 2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Civil debate is expected.
    Fair warning: trolling and personal attacks will get you nowhere, and I will report you
    .


  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. Default

    No U.S. Presidents have been born in Chicago. Two however have been born in Illinois.

  4. #3

    Default

    most corrupt? shocker. DC has GOT to be too close for comfort.

  5. #4
    canada ca british columbia
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia - US Citizenship renounced
    Posts: 3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    What do you suppose it would be like if we had a president from Chicago? From this political culture of corruption?

    What if this president said he'd have the most transparent admin ever?
    Would it be that way? Would he be truthful?
    Would time bear him out to be an honest and sincere man?

    What would be the impact of such a politician in high office, on America?


    How can that be? Barak Obama left there three years ago and I thought he took all the corrupt people with him to Washington..


    Wait....a few went back. Yeah, I do recall that like 40 people quit him and went back.

    So that's why I guess.
    "There is no greater barrier to knowledge than contempt without prior investigation" Herbert Spencer

  6. #5
    canada ca british columbia
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia - US Citizenship renounced
    Posts: 3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenrichaed View Post
    No U.S. Presidents have been born in Chicago. Two however have been born in Illinois.

    Yes indeed. Two great presidents. Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan....Lincoln before the corruption of course since the first case cited above came six years after he was dead..

    And Reagan wasn't there very long.


    And while we're being irrelevant to the topic, did you know that Richard Nixon was the first President born in California?
    "There is no greater barrier to knowledge than contempt without prior investigation" Herbert Spencer

  7. Default

    The place in which Obama honed his skills. No surprise there!
    Political Correctness n.(Abbr. PC)- An acceptable form of thought control and suppression of free speech.

    Conservatives only fear change for the worse.

    Multiculturalism

    DEMorgaphics - Any group which is not white, heterosexual, or Christian.

    GOOGLE SEARCH THIS - (copy&paste): 218 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE VOTED OBAMA

  8. #7

    Default

    I suggest reading - The Jungle - by Upton Sinclair.
    It is one of the best books written about Chicago and
    corrupt aldermans.Of course just watching - The Untouchables -
    with Elliot Ness is also good.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FearandLoathing View Post
    Yes indeed. Two great presidents. Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan....Lincoln before the corruption of course since the first case cited above came six years after he was dead..

    And Reagan wasn't there very long.


    And while we're being irrelevant to the topic, did you know that Richard Nixon was the first President born in California?
    I didn't know that about Nixon but in related news, have you seen how fat Christina Aguilera is getting? My God she used to be HOT!!!

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolardi View Post
    I suggest reading - The Jungle - by Upton Sinclair.
    It is one of the best books written about Chicago and
    corrupt aldermans.Of course just watching - The Untouchables -
    with Elliot Ness is also good.
    You know that book is fiction and the last 4 chapters are nothing but a socialistic speech.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FearandLoathing View Post
    How can that be? Barak Obama left there three years ago and I thought he took all the corrupt people with him to Washington..


    Wait....a few went back. Yeah, I do recall that like 40 people quit him and went back.

    So that's why I guess.
    Actually, his right hand man went back to be mayor.
    Last edited by A Common Anomaly; Feb 14 2012 at 06:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 22 2011, 05:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks