Oklahoma Senate overwhelmingly approves bill saying life begins at conception

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by TheHat, Feb 16, 2012.

1. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

2. marbro

marbro New Member

Thats great news, things are turning around in our direction. One step at a time we will be saving incocent lives:giggle:

3. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! Golly, why don't you raise the white flag and scream "Uncle"!!!

No, I will not stop posting real world events.

It's your problem if you can't handle it.

4. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Yea!! There are places I love to visit. But Oklahoma is where I want to live.

5. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Awesome. Now ban pregnant women fom smoking or drinking, or working too hard, or getting stressed. They could suffer a miscarriage, and if the fetus is a person, then you must make sure she isn't guilty of manslaughter!

Hey, lets just ban women from having sex altogether!!!! After all, that's the path lifers are heading down.

6. Makedde

Yay for life??? Jesus Christ. Lifers don't give a crap about life. Last night I watched a news report of starving babies in Afghanistan. These kids are born starving and don't even have enough tears to cry. Seven year old boys are the weight of a six month old baby.

Where are the lifers to help these children? These starving, poor, abandoned little kids who will die a horrible death if they don't get help? Oh wait, they are not a fetus, so they don't matter. Sorry, carry on. :rolleyes:

7. Thinker

Thinker New Member

I believe there was another thread titled "why do lifers only care about life before birth, or something like that. Listen, ignorance is not a virtue, if people start banning abortion then it will start becomeing like the seventys, or people will move away from that place to a state with no abortion laws. I agree with makedde somewhat.

8. Thinker

Thinker New Member

oklahoma is the smaller, more retarded brother state of Texas. Im not even going to capitulize the other, as you can see in the quote ive even taken the capitilzation off of that one.

9. marbro

marbro New Member

I Find it interesting that most states have laws that its murder if you kill a unborn baby except for abortion. So , if someone were to kick a mother and as a result its murder but on the other hand if the mother decides to kill the baby is ok because in their minds its not a baby...WHAT?

A couple of examples

Ala. Code § 13A-6-1 (2006) defines "person," for the purpose of criminal homicide or assaults, to include an unborn child in utero at any stage of development, regardless of viability and specifies that nothing in the act shall make it a crime to perform or obtain an abortion that is otherwise legal.

Alaska. Stat. § 11.41.150 et seq., § 11.81.250 , § 12.55.035, and § 12.55.125 (2005) relate to offenses against unborn children. The law provides that a defendant convicted of murder in the second degree or murder of an unborn child shall be sentenced to a definite term of imprisonment of at least 10 years but no more than 99 years. The law does not apply to acts that cause the death of an unborn child if those acts were committed during a legal abortion to which the pregnant woman consented or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf consented, or for which such consent is implied by law.

10. Thinker

Thinker New Member

Its murder because the mom didnt permit legal abortionization, i think i made that word up, but not sure.

11. diamond lil

diamond lil Well-Known Member

It's disgusting, isn't it?

I doubt any of these people have seen their own child die in front of them.

I feel nothing but contempt for them and their moonbat ideas.

What a waste of tax payers money. Is nothing else going on in these states?

12. Jiyuu-Freedom

Jiyuu-Freedom Keep the peace Past Donor

This is good news indeed. An overwhelming vote from any senate stating life begins at conception is what many voters feel in other states. Count Washington State out, it is mostly democrats.

13. Archer0915

Archer0915 New Member

Well I am neutral on this because my views cancel.

If abortion stops who the (*)(*)(*)(*) is going to pay? The same people that (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) publicly about abortion (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) about taxes. I am all for it but I swear if this goes national and abortion is banned and welfare roles rise I will beat the ass of the first pro lifer that (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)es about paying for it. I am pro responsibility and that means we need some mandatory birth control and a stop to all benefits to any unplanned pregnancy where birth control was not used.

It can not be both ways people.

I do find abortion detestable and I am against it but that is me and God. From my study of the Bible I feel that this is similar to God saying kill them all and raise the town. They are not his people therefore they are poison. We are to be in the world and not of the world. When Christians push to get into worldly affairs it usually backfires.

14. Makedde

Its not good news, its bad news because lifers are helping to set womens rights back a hundred years!

15. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

16. sec

sec Well-Known Member

why don't you ask that question to the people who live there?

17. sec

sec Well-Known Member

just a disclaimer

"IN YOUR OPINION"

18. Makedde

All those people who voted in favor of this bill - I assume not one of them has ever used contraception, right? Because if they did, they'd be hypocrites.

19. injest

injest New Member

actually this IS where the Obamacare program is headed. Already there are cities such as New York that are banning transfats and requiring restaurants to take salt off their tables and only provide it when asked.

Also, Obamacare requires that vending machines have warning labels stating content and nutritional info displayed. They are inspecting homemade lunches and a lot of businesses require their employees to sign a no smoking (even at home) pledge..

that's what YOUR side wants for all of us...you don't want the government in your womb, but you have no problem with them just a few inches north, in your stomach.

20. injest

injest New Member

Christian churchs send millions to these countries as well as missionaries and social workers....what have YOU done? How many Progressive organizations are on the ground in Africa right now fighting these scourges?

Has anyone heard of any at all?

21. injest

injest New Member

how exactly would they be hypocrites?

they would be hypocrits if they used contraception, got pregnant anyway, then aborted the baby.

getting hysterical and dramatic isn't going to help your side. Maybe try dialing back the faux drama would help.

it wasn't enough for your side that abortion was legalized, no, you had to push to make US pay for your abortions...you had to push to allow your view of sexuality into our classrooms, into our culture...you have pushed and pushed and pushed until our patience has run out.

NO ONE is trying to ban all abortions, no one is trying to ban contraceptives (well maybe a few crazies)...what we are trying to do is push back against people that see human life as worthless, and can't accept that not everyone views mothers as damaged goods

we are basically saying:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

quit pushing your amoral, paganistic beliefs on us and our children!

22. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

The "pusher" is the one attempting force others to conform to his/her worldview and live their lives according to their dictates. Last time I looked, you can be as moral as you choose and worship anything you wish. No one has ever tried to force anything different. You are right about one thing: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! So stop pushing!

23. injest

injest New Member

have you read the paper lately? Planned Parenthood gets MY tax dollars to support their organization. They do abortions.

The President is mandating that healthcare policies cover abortions, I have to buy a healthcare policy...so don't tell me I can be free of responsibility for abortions when I know I am being forced to pay for them.

24. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

You're not being forced to pay for them. PP doesn't get tax dollars for abortions. Besides, tax dollars aren't YOURS after you pay taxes, they're OURS. Tax money can be spent however the majority decides. Or however the minority of elected officials decides.

25. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhh, the "hypocrit" stigma.

I bet they shake in their boots at night thinking about that one....lol.

Oklahoma is doin the right thing. They are following the science, which Roe never did and which is coming to be an archaic ruling due to the medical advances over the last 40 years.