+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does the Price of Gas Effect YOUR budget?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Thing is, they could make small very fuel efficient vehicles that aren't quite as fast and tank-like, but EXTREMELY cost-effective and economical, if it weren't for Big Car, Big Oil and the government colluding.
    Oh come off it! They make and sell them in the US NOW! The issue is that Americans have a sense that they should be able to bburn as much cheap petrol as they want, only now they're paying closer to the price everyone else pays. You guys shouold have prepared ages ago, but didnt!

Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL liberal solutions. Heavy on emotion light on reality.
    So what's your solution? Have everyone pay more than they feasibly can for Big Fossil Fuel, which is only as inexpensive as it is due to government subsidy?

Are you this much of an ignorant partisan hack that you call everything that you disagree with "liberal"? You obviously, based on your posts, have no clue what that word even means.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL liberal solutions. Heavy on emotion light on reality.
    Cycles are wrong why?

Quote Originally Posted by Leffe View Post
    Oh come off it! They make and sell them in the US NOW! The issue is that Americans have a sense that they should be able to bburn as much cheap petrol as they want, only now they're paying closer to the price everyone else pays. You guys shouold have prepared ages ago, but didnt!
    No, that's spot on about this I'm afraid. Big Government and Big Car and Big Fossil Fuel make it so that the main marketed vehicles are expensive, fancy-schmancy, gas-guzzling ones. Cars and gas are WAY more expensive than they could/should be.

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt2007 View Post
    What about maybe driving up the hill, finding a parking spot... then taking the bike?
    You missed something...I live 'on top of the hill'. You prolly meant it to be the other way round. I think I'll leave the bike for those days on the bike trails...And use that new scooter for traversing the hills. 60 MPG ain't bad...I'll deal with the bugs in my eyes and teeth. But really, the price of things and the state of the nation, in general, do bother me....the price of gas? just ain't an issue. Considering the better mileage I get today compared to 20-30 years ago...it's almost a wash.
    Last edited by ronmatt; Feb 19 2012 at 10:19 AM.
    'WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA' WHERE 'VIRTUAL' REALITY IS A WAY OF LIFE'

Quote Originally Posted by ronmatt View Post
    You missed something...I live 'on top of the hill'. You prolly meant it to be the other way round. I think I'll leave the bike for those days on the bike trails...And use that new scooter for traversing the hills. 60 MPG ain't bad...I'll deal with the bugs in my eyes and teeth.
    Or wear a helmet/some kind of protector of your face like a smart person. You could do that too

7. Default

I love big SUV's. Both my cars are gas guzzling SUV's. I just think in a dream world life would be much more efficient if big cities did not allow personal vehicles within downtown areas. So people would park in massive parking lots, rent tiny vehicles, bikes, or take a massive high speed train system in and out.

Imagine how much more efficient it would be. I think we need to turn America in to the Jetson's world.

Or wear a helmet/some kind of protector of your face like a smart person. You could do that too
    I have a helmet. It drives me nuts on those 100 + degree days. Plus, the bugs get into it as well and I have to stop to get 'em out. Could it be that that's why they invented cars in the first place?
    'WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA' WHERE 'VIRTUAL' REALITY IS A WAY OF LIFE'

9. Default

No, that's spot on about this I'm afraid. Big Government and Big Car and Big Fossil Fuel make it so that the main marketed vehicles are expensive, fancy-schmancy, gas-guzzling ones. Cars and gas are WAY more expensive than they could/should be.
    http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...lantra/prices/

MPG: 29 City / 40 Hwy

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...yundai_Accent/

MPG: 30 City / 40 Hwy

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...ucks/FIAT_500/

MPG: 30 City / 38 Hwy

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...ndai_Veloster/

MPG: 28 City / 40 Hwy

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com..._Civic-Hybrid/

MPG: 44 City / 44 Hwy

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...Honda_Insight/

MPG: 41 City / 44 Hwy

usa
    My Latest Mood: Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    This started for me when gas went over $4/gal in 2008. No more trips to town for this or that. No, I make do til I can combine reasons to go somewhere.
    For example, I do all my grocery shopping one night a week after I take the kids to Scouts. I never waste gas.
    Now gas is almost $3.70/gal, and I don't see anyone's income keeping pace with this. Congress gets a cost of living increase....we don't.

* How is the rising price of gas affecting YOUR family budget?

* What impact do you think this - in combination with (still) high unemployment and rising govt spending/debt - will have on Mr. Obama's chance of re-election?
    It increases the cost of almost everything. This will crush families already suffering in the fourth year of Obamanomics. We need a sane energy policy, and the GOP can do it.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast