Democrat Lt Gov demands strip clubs fund rape crisis centers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Speeders R Murderers, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

Another tax that democrats want to force on you. What we should do is close rape crisis centers. They're just another racket to give jobs to useless "social workers".

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/02/1...-strip-clubs-should-fund-rape-crisis-centers/

Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon: Strip clubs should fund rape crisis centers

Online Staff Report

CHICAGO — An advocate for sexual and domestic violence survivors, Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon (D) pledged to work with state Sen. Toi Hutchinson, D-Chicago Heights, and the General Assembly to pass legislation that would fund rape crisis centers through an entrance fee on strip clubs that permit alcohol.

Simon said adult entertainment facilities that profit from the combination of nude dancing and alcohol should help pick up the tab for related social ills, such as rape, sexual assault, prostitution and other crimes. She likened the surcharge to using a gasoline tax to pay for road construction or gambling fees to pay for addiction services.

snip

2. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why don't you go out, get raped and then decide whether or not Rape Crisis Centers should be closed?

3. Speeders R Murderers

Why don't the stupid rape "victims" take care of themselves?. Carry a gun or knife or pepper spray. And stop dressing like a $3 ho. Women could solve the rape problem themselves but the idiots won't do it.

4. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

I thought pole taxes were illegal?

_

5. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's a pretty pathetic reply; even from you.

6. A Common Anomaly

A Common Anomaly New Member

Why not tax homeowners, colleges, and employers since rape and assault also occur in the home, colleges, and workplace.

Seriously, this law is insane.

7. Bondo

Bondo Well-Known Member

Ayuh,.... It's Chicago,... That's all Illegal to carry...

I think ya even need a permit for Drano...

8. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

I hope no one you know gets raped. I wouldn't want them being accused of not carrying a weapon to defend themselves.

Some women, IMO, contribute their own attacks, but most don't, and it has nothing to do with what they are wearing.

9. DonGlock26

But, it's for rape victims...........

This is another cheap theatrical Democrat tax and spend ploy. Every program creates voters with a vested interest in keeping Democrats in power. The taxpayers had better wake the F up to this game of death by a thousand cuts.

_

10. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Wow! .... "stupid rape victims"...you are one sick puppy....:evileyes:

A rape victim is a rape victim regardless of what she was wearing......

What about the little girls to the school girls to the grandmothers - are they also "$3 ho''s"?

Sexual predators are sexual predators and they don't care how young or old the female is... and you didn't know that?

11. A Common Anomaly

The irony here is that Democrats will rip on politicians like Santorum who want to legislate morality, but won't bat an eye when politicians like Simon want to legislate morality. This is nothing, but a classic example of a "sin" tax.

Plus, these Illinois rape crisis centers operate 24/7, 365 days a year. I wonder why they are suffering budget problems. Perhaps they should operate during normal business hours and let 9/11 handle the late night calls.

DonGlock26 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Yup, this is nothing more than a backdoor sin tax.

We don't need to tax strip clubs in order to fund rape crisis centers.

Although the comment of closing rape crisis centers seems kinda cruel to me. I'm sure they provide a valuable service to rape victims.

But since it's a Chicago problem, let Chicago solve it. If the citizens want to tax themselves into uncompetitive oblivion then so be it.

Sorta like the stupidity in California where San Fran specifically stated their public policy was geared towards "consumption and lifestyle as opposed to production and economic growth"

13. DonGlock26

It's a small industry.

_

14. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah!

Let's go back to the "Good ol Days" of the 1950s, where raped women didn't cost a society money!

Many of them simply never said a word or went off and killed themselves, which saves therapy for the victim, the court costs and jail time to convict rapists, police time to take reports, and the rape rate statistics will drop to a VERY low level again!

15. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Why exactly should strip clubs have to pay for rape centers?

Does stripping cause rape?

16. DonGlock26

Wow, drama queen much? What's wrong with going to an ER?

_

17. A Common Anomaly

I think one can argue that strip joints experience higher sexual assault charges, but that goes with the turf. However, these women are voluntarily putting themselves into these situations. (I don't condone it, but don't work at a barber shop and complain that you got your hair cut).

Anyone who has the skills to dance on a pole, has the skills to wait tables. Plus, with all the government aid nowadays to go back to school, I don't see why any woman has to strip, unless she didn't want to.

18. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Well of course they experience higher sexual assaults.

Strip clubs are 1 step above brothels and bordellos.

The reason the girls do it is because they enjoy the easy money, the generally positive male attention, and the camraderie with the other women.

Unfortunately many of these women have extreme emotional problems and turn to drugs and alcohol as a matter of course, leaving them open to all kinds of sexual exploitation. Not just forcible rape, but being pimped as prostitutes.

19. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Dude your analogy sucks. Getting your haircut isn't an assault on your person. Now if your example was going to the barber and expecting to get your ear cut off you'd have a point.

BTW, government aid for students is being cut back.

20. A Common Anomaly

It wasn't meant to be an analogy in the sense of assault. Unfortunately, some people are just naive and think that strip clubs are all cotton candy and gum drops and don't expect what comes along with the decision.

Seriously, WTF do you expect if you are stripper, performing for horny and alcohol fueled men?

21. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

I don't frequent those types of places so could you please remove the pronoun "you."

22. A Common Anomaly

That is unfortunate. They are attracted to the money, glamor, and male attention. Then they make bad mistakes and get hooked to drugs, leaving them open to exploitation.

I am sorry that happens, but we have laws against exploitation, pimping, and prostitution. Honestly, I don't think prostitution should be illegal. It is not something that I support, but consensual adults have the right to engage in that activity.

I think it is wrong and not something I would partake in, but I don't believe I have the authority to prevent anyone else from consensually engaging in those activities. It is only when it becomes exploitative and non-consensual that I have a problem with it.

23. Questerr

Questerr Banned

For them to obey the law. It's really not that hard to control yourself.

Stop blaming the victim because some (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)s are predators.

24. A Common Anomaly

I am not blaming the victim and I apologize for any confusion for implying otherwise. However, one must accept what comes with the turf.

Seriously, what do you expect? For men to treat you nice since they value you as a human being or alcohol fueled men who objectify you and have a hard time with boundaries?

I think you are a very naive person who believes in the former and has a hard time accepting reality for what it is.

25. Speeders R Murderers

The board notes that you never addressed my comment. Namecalling is all you liberals have. BTW - you forgot to call me a racist.