+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has PF been hacked ?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Thaddeus View Post
    It wasn't a hack. The owner wanted to send an e-mail to members who haven't posted in a while to invite them back. Some spammers (probably bots) got e-mails accidentally and accepted the invitation.
    OK...I'm not that naive...but OK
    If Obama said If you like your gun you can keep it, would you believe him now?

We lost what we fought for
    We become what we fought against.

2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

Quote Originally Posted by Heroclitus View Post
    Well of course I am concerned about hacking. I have got a Facebook account but to be honest I'm scared of it so I never go there but I get e-mails telling me people are posting things on my wall or something. They must think I'm very rude that I don't write back but I want to learn how to set all the privacy settings first.

So as I don't show any links to facebook maybe I'm alright.

Hope you clear it up though.
    Why not just reset your password?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    OK...I'm not that naive...but OK
    Naive is the wrong choice of word.
    For any questions, concerns, or comments regarding me or PolicicalForum, please contact my secretary, Tresha.

Rules of the board----know em' foo

5. Default

Hillbilly, are you certain the hack came from PF?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Thaddeus View Post
    Naive is the wrong choice of word.
    1. Lacking worldly experience and understanding.

No, it is not the wrong choice of word. You're a mod huh??? And all you can do instead of answering my questions is to insult???

Must have hit a nerve.
    Last edited by Rapunzel; Feb 21 2012 at 02:33 PM.
    If Obama said If you like your gun you can keep it, would you believe him now?

We lost what we fought for
    We become what we fought against.

Anyone who hacks someone because of a political thread or opinion is a gutless coward. Its happened to me and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

8. Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    You've at least established no one else seems to have the same problem so far.

How can you not multiquote? Instead of clicking Quote, just click the + at the bottom of the post you want to quote. Then click the + on the next post you want to quote. Then click Post Reply.
    It brings up all your quotes in the reply window, then proceed as normal...write your post and hit submit.
    Viv , can ya please put that in hillbilly speak ?

9. Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    Hillbilly, are you certain the hack came from PF?
    No , Hat , I'm not sure it came from PF or even FB .

whoever has whacked me is a very clever person , with access to PC's and advanced equipment ... expensive equipment , and well connected .

I was concerned that it came from the new link to FB ...

As far as I know , only Flounder & myself have been whacked .

Being as how Flounder is known and well respected for his fair posts and fair dealings with his posts , I am persuaded that this attack was directed at me , and Flounder is totally without any blame on this .

I know I am a horses ass at times , and I accept all responsibility .

whoever is doing this , if you will leave my friends alone , I will leave PF , if that's what it takes to safeguard my friends .

otherwise , when my tax return come in , I'm gonna spend every dime of that $2,700 dollars tracking you down .

7 days .

usa us washington
    My Latest Mood: Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    Someone from Overland Park Kansas hacked my FB tonite ...
    This same person hacked into my facebook account about 2 yrs. ago. I went through hell trying to get back into my own account. They also sent me a nasty p.m. here at P.F.

I have a suspicion who it could be but I can't judge unless I know for a fact.

Now the facebook PF page is no big deal. If a person feels that they are being discovered for who they are, they shouldn't have a facebook account to begin with or take out personal information. They also have the ability to block P.F. Geez, I am glad we have a profile.
    Last edited by Jiyuu-Freedom; Feb 21 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: left out something!
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    Abraham Lincoln
    Rand Paul/Marco Rubio 2016 election
    Some people need to take the board out of their own eye before trying to take the splinter out of mine.

11. Default

To me it seems emails have been getting hacked a lot over the last year. As I have gotten several emails from people telling me not to open anything from them because they have been hacked.

I am sure many already do as I do: have three or more emails. One for junk that you give out to sign up on forums and board around the net. Another for family and maybe friends. A third for business etc.... This way your Junk email is the most vulnerable and least damaging to you, family and friends.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast