+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: My View: A Romney/Paul Ticket

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Don't misunderstand. All the candidates have their merits. Gingrich is an expert on the Constitution, history, Washington, and politics. He knows how to get things done. He's a pit bull and would decimate Obama in a debate. But I think Obama knows this, and would make an excuse NOT to debate him.
    Santorum is a solid conservative and a fine family man. A man of devout faith as well. He comes across as sincere.

    BUT...
    While I usually agree with you, this time I halfway agree. Taking your first observation of Gingrich, you are "dead-on-balls-accurate" (to quote My Cousin Vinny). I say couple Romney with Gingrich (who will bring out the sparks we want and need to see) and you would have a better choice. far too many fence-sitters see Paul as a quart low; my wife and her friends for example. Gingrich however they love to watch because while they don't like him personally, they love how he cuts to the chase. He would need to get a personal trainer right away and start dropping a few pounds and get a better tailor, but he and Romney could pull this off.
    Last edited by CoolWalker; Feb 23 2012 at 09:26 AM.
    "If Republicans wanted to Destroy America, they would Vote Democrat."
    Coolwalker


  2. Default

    that such a creepy idea it just might have some momentum.....until all the secret mormon pseudo masonic rituals come out......like Nancy said.... Mitt will NEVER be PREZ.

  3. Default

    It is very true that Obama would be absolutely obliterated by a Romney/Paul ticket. I could never support such a ticket however because I think Romney would make this country worse off in 2016 than it is now in 2012. I would lose a massive amount of respect for Ron Paul for compromising his viewpoints in favor of higher power.

    It's not going to happen.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Ron Paul supporters are unlikely to vote for Romney unless it appears he will not make it 4 years. As a Libertarian (although not a full fledged Paul supporter), some asshat like Romney putting a Libertarian on the ticket is simply yawn inducing.
    Fully disagree with you. I think Paul supporters would vote. And I certainly don't think they'd vote for Presentdebt Obama.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
    It is very true that Obama would be absolutely obliterated by a Romney/Paul ticket. I could never support such a ticket however because I think Romney would make this country worse off in 2016 than it is now in 2012. I would lose a massive amount of respect for Ron Paul for compromising his viewpoints in favor of higher power.

    It's not going to happen.
    Are you kidding me?

    You'd rather have Obama than Romney? I'm shakin' my head...

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azzig View Post
    that such a creepy idea it just might have some momentum.....until all the secret mormon pseudo masonic rituals come out......like Nancy said.... Mitt will NEVER be PREZ.
    What is with all the Morman crap. What has religion have to do with his abilities? Nothing, that's what.
    "If Republicans wanted to Destroy America, they would Vote Democrat."
    Coolwalker

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolWalker View Post
    While I usually agree with you, this time I halfway agree. Taking your first observation of Gingrich, you are "dead-on-balls-accurate" (to quote My Cousin Vinny). I say couple Romney with Gingrich (who will bring out the sparks we want and need to see) and you would have a better choice. far too many fence-sitters see Paul as a quart low; my wife and her friends for example. Gingrich however they love to watch because while they don't like him personally, they love how he cuts to the chase. He would need to get a personal trainer right away and start dropping a few pounds and get a better tailor, but he and Romney could pull this off.

    Americans like fat Presidents. They usually win when they are running.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-lib View Post
    Fully disagree with you. I think Paul supporters would vote. And I certainly don't think they'd vote for Presentdebt Obama.
    They would vote for the Libertarian. And that ain't Romney. If they vote for Romney you could argue they are not Libertarians.
    Last edited by stekim; Feb 23 2012 at 09:48 AM.

  9. Default oh no here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolWalker View Post
    What is with all the Morman crap. What has religion have to do with his abilities? Nothing, that's what.
    MORMON CRAP - the mormon church is very scary and powerful. i am sorry one of my best friends for life is mormon but her religion is creepy. ask me about how she had my mother babtized after her death. really really pissed me off.... so don't start MORMON crap with me. OK?????

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenrichaed View Post
    A couple problems with Paul being VP to Romney. First off is the fact that the main reason any VP is chosen is for what they can bring to the ticket to win election.

    Whether it be a certain State or particular group of people. Ron Paul has a large group of followers however most of these would be voting for the republican ticket anyways simply to get rid of Obama. Can Paul put Texas in the win column for Romney? Well Texas will probably vote for Romney no matter who his VP is so this isn't any benefit for Paul.

    Secondly, Paul will effectively be silenced from speaking his beliefs if he is VP. He will have to support and go along with Romney's policies and everyone knows how good Paul is at doing that. This will create a divide in the White House I think when Paul speaks out about any reservations he has with Romney.

    Also Paul has said that he is just as interested in convincing people of his "platform" as he is about winning the Presidency so by becoming a VP he would no longer to stump and give speeches about the direction he think America should be going in and keeping his core group of supporters motivated for the next election.

    I think a Romney/Gingrich ticket would be very powerful since Romney knows a thing or two about finance and Gingrich knows how to navigate Washington very well. But here again you have the fact that Gingrich can contribute nothing to the ticket to help them win the election.

    Romney would need a well liked Senator or Governor to help him beat Obama. This will be a tough enough race as it is so he needs every little advantage he can get.

    I don’t see any proof anywhere Paul supporters will vote the republican ticket anyways as you claim. that is one definite difference between the neo-cons and the libertarian wings of the republican ticket.

    If you ever go to Paul rallies, one thing is very clear, they hate the Neo-con establishment republicans as much as they hate Obama.

    The reason, Mitt, Newt, Santorum, Obama are all the same when it comes to the core beliefs.

    Adhere to the constitution
    Limit government
    Reduce spending and taxes
    Protect liberties
    Protect life

    All 4 do not follow this in action only in rhetoric
    It really is wishful thinking that Ron Paul supporters will jump on a Mitt Romney ticket. Mitt Romney is a perfect example of why these folks are so upset at the republican party.
    Last edited by marbro; Feb 23 2012 at 10:06 AM.
    I fear not terrorist, I fear the loss of liberty.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Paul is for Romney ?
    By MnBillyBoy in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 22 2012, 11:22 AM
  2. How About A Paul/Napolitano Ticket?
    By Woogs in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 20 2012, 07:32 AM
  3. Romney or Ron Paul?
    By Anders Hoveland in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: Jan 23 2012, 11:04 AM
  4. Ron Paul-Jesse Ventura ticket for 2012?
    By bwinwright in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Nov 26 2011, 07:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks