Can We Talk...How Has A Black President Worked Out For The USA?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by OldManOnFire, Feb 23, 2012.

1. OldManOnFire

OldManOnFire Well-Known Member

Lots of Americans said yes we are ready for something other than a White president...were they right?

Conversely, lots of Americans will never accept any color in the White House...are they right?

If Black worked out well, why not an Asian, or Hispanic, or Muslim?

Has the USA turned the racial corner in politics allowing White to become passe?

It's obvious a majority of us still have our heads shoved up our religious bias and demand 'In Gawd We Trust' to remain pervasive in our government. Are we ready for a Mormon president? A Buddha? An Islam? A Scientologist?

Did having a Black president really make any difference at all? Is there anything today that is better or worse solely due to having a Black president?

Surely we can comment on this issue without being too immature...

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  2. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

I would give credit to Obama for not bringing race into his Presidency on a major scale which many people thought would happen. He has acted as white as any other President has.

He has certainly broken that barrier though so I don't think other candidates will have this hurdle to overcome. He has been pretty much a failure as a President so I believe this will be his legacy.

Simply the first black president.

3. govtdog

govtdog Member

He's done exactly like any black or white president would have done if he'd done the same things. Remember, Obama is mulatto, not black, or white.... as are most of us if we look back far enough in our genealogy.

His crappy presidency is due to his beliefs and opinions and has nothing to do with his skin color. If you don't believe me, take a look at J Watts... whom I'd elect in a second to replace Obama.

4. Big George

Big George Banned

I think Obama has been a weak President, but I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that he is HALF black.

5. jackson33

jackson33 Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's subjective OldMan, dependent on how/what a person wants from the Federal, but it's doubtful the general public received what that expectation was...

I suppose there are supremacist in any demographic, certainly considering 93-95% of Black's did vote Democratic in 2008, but again I'd suggest expectations for the most part rule.

Or maybe an atheist or gay: Hispanic is an almost inevitable probability being the fastest growing race demographic. Rubio, Martinez (R Gov. NM) and others in State Government are looking pretty good to MOST true conservatives today, compared to what's been offered.

IMO, the US (for the most part) turned that corner in the 18th Century, but that's a different issue. As for fashionable, yet again it depends on the "National Attitudes" in the future, but I'd suggest any reasonable ethnic or of color LADY will be the next move and if not for VP this election, either or both (P, VP) in 2016...

Here I don't think it's probable and I would agree. It may be a designed secular Government, but the majority have always been and will remain Christian. By the way an religiously agnostic myself, I consider Mormon's Christians...

In a way, yes: Millions of Children around the World, now think they can grow up and be the leader of their Country. I just wished it had been a better example to follow, somebody like Allen West. But Obama being Black or his policy has made no difference either direction and it would have been NO different if any White Guy like Biden, with the same fundamental ideology had done/acted in the same way...

We better start addressing issues such as this, in an honest/civil manner or things will get out of hand. Being politically correct is fine until the comments are so convoluted in meaningless gibberish, they are mis-represented, which is the case today.

6. Subdermal

Subdermal Banned

How well or badly this POTUS has done has nothing to do with his skin color. I hated Jimmy Carter exactly as much.

7. Krypt

Krypt New Member

There's nothing wrong with his race....he just sucks as a President...that's all...

8. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

His beliefs are independent from his skin color.

The point is irrelevant.

9. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

Oquota has set race relations back 100 years. It's obvious he hates whites (just like his daddy) and only cares for non-whites.

Affirmative action worked for him and he wants more of it in america.

10. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

***MOD EDIT - personal attack*** Carter did not continue or start any wars. Best president of your lifetime.

11. Nunya D.

Nunya D. Well-Known Member

That is your perception. IMO, he has made it a point to make race an issue. remember Prof. Gates? How about "African-Americans for Obama"?

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjoHA5ocwU"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjoHA5ocwU[/ame]

12. MisLed

MisLed New Member

My problem is not the guy's race. He's not american though any way you cut it. My problem is with his attitude and his political philosophy.

13. Nunya D.

Nunya D. Well-Known Member

There are some words I never thought I would see together in the same paragraph.

14. MisLed

MisLed New Member

well democrats aren't exactly what you'd call willing to defend the country. They're way better at appeasement, withdrawal, apolgizing and bowing.

15. Crawdadr

Crawdadr Well-Known Member

Why do we call him black when he is 50% white and 50% black? I have always wondered about that. At least Quadroons and Octaroons had their own term in New Orleans.

16. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I could care less if he were yellow or green

he's a clueless liberal and hurt the country, that is the problem I have with him

17. jhffmn

jhffmn New Member

There is a racist term for spending a lot of money unnecessarily and unwisely that I have yet to hear used to describe this administration.

The fact that term isn't thrown around to describe Obama's policies, even though it so aptly does, suggests that there really isn't a lot of racism out there.

18. FearandLoathing

FearandLoathing Well-Known Member

Beliefs and actions. It is not a matter of color nor race nor religion, but one of competency.

This guy simply is not.

19. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

I think it goes to show that race is not relevant when it comes to competance.

20. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

This administration is the most racist in my lifetime. To say the President hasn't brought race in is silly. Requiring Supreme Court Justices to have "empathy" for some is racist. His comments concerning Professor Gates were stupid and racist. Supporting Eric Holder's handling of the voter intimidation case was racist. And, he will be running a racist campaign for re-election. If he dares tell his minions to find people who aren't voting for him and to "get in their face" they will not recieve as amused a reception as four years ago. And I will not tolerate being called a racist this time around because I won't viote for the fool.

I thought it was ludicrous when President Clinton was labeled the "first black president" but compared to the current incumbent, he was.

21. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

I don't think of Obama as black. I think of him as Liberal. And its been a disaster. We will pick up nicely when a conservative takes over.

22. ElDiablo

ElDiablo Banned

Most people get very confused about skin color. For instance there are Indians in India who are as black as any Negro.

Skin color is not the cause of anything....it is the result of-------- genes.

Now we could debate until the cows come home about the importance of skin color but it would be a moot and nonsensical discussion.

If you want to debate or discuss something relevant and of real importance then talk about genetics....aka......the influence of genes.

Now even liberals will admit that genes cause homosexuality....interestingly that is the only thing I have ever seen them give genetics credit for .....how strange eh? heh heh

Another factoid today in a modern America dominated by political correctness is that scientists involved in genetical studies are hampered and restricted in a similar manner that scientists in the middle ages were hindered by the Roman Catholic Church.....the difference being that back then it was religious dogma that restricted science....today it is the dogma of pc ideology that hampers and restricts the science of genetics.

I will not get into racial matters because on most message boards that is taboo...not being familiar with the sensitivities of this board...I will not go there.

I will just point out and everyone should remember this......how Obama was sold to the American People as being some kind of genius....with a i.q. off the charts. I well remember watching the Don Imus show and some history professor was on the show ranting about how Obama was so smart and had such a extremely high i.q. Imus then pointedly asked him what was Obama's i.q. the historian stammered and stuttered and admitted he did not know precisely but he knew he was extremely smart...extremely smart heh heh

And.............people bought it....I mean everyone should remember the crusade launched by the media to brainwash people into believing that and it worked.....until rarther recently I still heard people go on and on about how smart obama is.

Yet i should insert here that a high i.q. does not necessacarily translate into a good leader or President....we need look no farther than jimmah aw yes aw say.....jimmuh carter.....who has the highest documented i.q. of any President....yet the consensus is he was one of our worst Presidents.

The real issues involving the qualifications of obama or any Presidential Candidate....should revolve around first....does he have leadership potential?...and that gets very complicated....because some individuals who have never exhibited leadership abilities will sometimes rise to the occassion and demonstrate great leadership.....obviously obama has not done that.

The next issue of importance I think is the problem of .....IMAGE.....everyone should be aware that political parties attempt to create a personna or image for their candidate that think the majority of voters will like and vote for.....the problem with that being....these created images are usually false.

Yet.......the voting public remains highly susceptible to advertising and other methods employed to convince them of myths regarding a candidate i.e. that reagan was a cowboy, that bush was a conservative texan, that Obama was a genius etc.etc.

To cut to the chase regarding the qualifications and achievements of any minority candidate.....the voting public should be aware....though they are not....of the reality of Affirmative Action.

When a individual such as obama can get into Harvard with a substandard academic performance and be appointed a editor of The Harvard Law Review based on nothing more than a pc agenda....then the voters need to be aware that such candidates should not receive credit for something that they did not achieve on their own but was handed to them on a silver platter......and of course the media failed the American People miserably because they refused to point all that out.

There are many reason why Americans have traditionally suffered poor leadership at the highest level in this nation.....the various resons for this should be studied and understood better.

23. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

How did that last white President work out for you GOPers? Screwed the country up pretty badly, wouldn't you say? What's better today as a result of having that rich white dude?

24. squidward

squidward Well-Known Member

worked out great for the wall street bankers, just like under Bush.

25. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

Not sure what "acting white" entails.

Agree with most of that. I think race will be an issue still going forward but not like it used to be. Frankly I would be kind of happy if Romney won. It would be nice to have a Mormon president so we could get past that too. A female would be great. Then we could go back to plain vanilla white guys for awhile and nobody would care.