+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Can We Talk...How Has A Black President Worked Out For The USA?

Default Can We Talk...How Has A Black President Worked Out For The USA?

Lots of Americans said yes we are ready for something other than a White president...were they right?

Conversely, lots of Americans will never accept any color in the White House...are they right?

If Black worked out well, why not an Asian, or Hispanic, or Muslim?

Has the USA turned the racial corner in politics allowing White to become passe?

It's obvious a majority of us still have our heads shoved up our religious bias and demand 'In Gawd We Trust' to remain pervasive in our government. Are we ready for a Mormon president? A Buddha? An Islam? A Scientologist?

Did having a Black president really make any difference at all? Is there anything today that is better or worse solely due to having a Black president?

Surely we can comment on this issue without being too immature...
    Did you know both our problems and the solutions can be found simply by looking in our mirrors...and...Never confuse the extraordinary stuff I think and write with that of a well-balanced person!

When Americans wake up so will the country...until then...we remain comatose and hopeless.

If you're not careful with your life's decisions, you will spend all your time in a cul-de-sac!

2. Default

I would give credit to Obama for not bringing race into his Presidency on a major scale which many people thought would happen. He has acted as white as any other President has.

He has certainly broken that barrier though so I don't think other candidates will have this hurdle to overcome. He has been pretty much a failure as a President so I believe this will be his legacy.

Simply the first black president.

3. Default

He's done exactly like any black or white president would have done if he'd done the same things. Remember, Obama is mulatto, not black, or white.... as are most of us if we look back far enough in our genealogy.

His crappy presidency is due to his beliefs and opinions and has nothing to do with his skin color. If you don't believe me, take a look at J Watts... whom I'd elect in a second to replace Obama.

I think Obama has been a weak President, but I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that he is HALF black.

5. Default

Lots of Americans said yes we are ready for something other than a White president...were they right?
    That's subjective OldMan, dependent on how/what a person wants from the Federal, but it's doubtful the general public received what that expectation was...

Conversely, lots of Americans will never accept any color in the White House...are they right?
    I suppose there are supremacist in any demographic, certainly considering 93-95% of Black's did vote Democratic in 2008, but again I'd suggest expectations for the most part rule.

Or maybe an atheist or gay: Hispanic is an almost inevitable probability being the fastest growing race demographic. Rubio, Martinez (R Gov. NM) and others in State Government are looking pretty good to MOST true conservatives today, compared to what's been offered.

Has the USA turned the racial corner in politics allowing White to become passe?
    IMO, the US (for the most part) turned that corner in the 18th Century, but that's a different issue. As for fashionable, yet again it depends on the "National Attitudes" in the future, but I'd suggest any reasonable ethnic or of color LADY will be the next move and if not for VP this election, either or both (P, VP) in 2016...

It's obvious a majority of us still have our heads shoved up our religious bias and demand 'In Gawd We Trust' to remain pervasive in our government. Are we ready for a Mormon president? A Buddha? An Islam? A Scientologist?
    Here I don't think it's probable and I would agree. It may be a designed secular Government, but the majority have always been and will remain Christian. By the way an religiously agnostic myself, I consider Mormon's Christians...

Did having a Black president really make any difference at all? Is there anything today that is better or worse solely due to having a Black president?
    In a way, yes: Millions of Children around the World, now think they can grow up and be the leader of their Country. I just wished it had been a better example to follow, somebody like Allen West. But Obama being Black or his policy has made no difference either direction and it would have been NO different if any White Guy like Biden, with the same fundamental ideology had done/acted in the same way...

We better start addressing issues such as this, in an honest/civil manner or things will get out of hand. Being politically correct is fine until the comments are so convoluted in meaningless gibberish, they are mis-represented, which is the case today.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManOnFire View Post

How well or badly this POTUS has done has nothing to do with his skin color. I hated Jimmy Carter exactly as much.
    Paul Ryan 2016. By then, even the most stupid among us would be unable to deny the need.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronaldus Magnus Reagan

Truth is, you could shove Obama's knowledge of small business operations and job creation up an gnats butt and it would rattle around like a marble in an empty supertanker. -- Neil Boortz

7. Default

There's nothing wrong with his race....he just sucks as a President...that's all...
    Last edited by Krypt; Feb 23 2012 at 11:14 AM.

8. Default

His beliefs are independent from his skin color.

The point is irrelevant.
    There is no love in Fear.

Feminism is pretty much an all whites club pretending to be concerned with equal rights of racial minorities.

9. Default

Oquota has set race relations back 100 years. It's obvious he hates whites (just like his daddy) and only cares for non-whites.

Affirmative action worked for him and he wants more of it in america.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Subdermal View Post
    How well or badly this POTUS has done has nothing to do with his skin color. I hated Jimmy Carter exactly as much.
    ***MOD EDIT - personal attack*** Carter did not continue or start any wars. Best president of your lifetime.
    Last edited by The12thMan; Feb 23 2012 at 01:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast