As a libertarian, I would consider voting Romney but not Santorum

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by NetworkCitizen, Feb 23, 2012.

1. NetworkCitizen

NetworkCitizen New Member

Santorum is an authoritarian and dangerously afraid of his own shadow.

The republicans really need to learn that we don't need their religious guidance or interference with decisions we make as individuals. Let the democrats be the control freak party and rediscover the liberty established by our founders.

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  2. hoytmonger

hoytmonger New Member

Why would you vote for Romney?

3. AbsoluteVoluntarist

AbsoluteVoluntarist New Member

There's only one possible reason anyone would.

[​IMG]

4. paulpot

paulpot New Member

What's hilarious is that Santorum and Flip-Flop Romney don't really disagree on the issues. They're both now whining about how Obama is waging a "War Against Religion."

Which is why as a libertarian, I would vote for Obama over both these clowns anyday.

5. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

Why don't you, as a libertarian, vote for the libertarian running for president?

6. stekim

stekim New Member

Funny, as a Libertarian I tend to vote for Libertarians. Here's a newsflash: The differences between Romney and Obama are so few that when it comes to running the country you could close your eyes and never tell the difference. So it frankly cracks me up when people pretend it matters whether Obama or Romney get elected. It's like eating a brown egg versus a white one. It's still a freakin' egg.

7. Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous Well-Known Member

I could never bring myself to vote for any of those assclowns. Paul is the only one who has my vote. I wouldn't even vote for a Romney/Paul ticket becuase IMO that would be the equivalent of Ron Paul selling out.

8. stekim

stekim New Member

I would seem strange that Paul would accept the VP position for a President he will disagree with on almost everything. Unless he plans to kill him, which I'm thinking is a long shot. Romney is a big government Republican (like all Republicans really tend to be). Paul is a limited government Libertarian. It makes no sense.

9. Raeka

Raeka New Member

Of course you would. Especially since Romney promised Paul to give VP to his son.:crossbones:

10. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

Kool-Aid much?

11. Trinnity

Trinnity Banned

As a libertarian, Job 1 is getting Obama OUT.
    I'll vote for whomever is the GOP nom. Period.

12. NetworkCitizen

Bingo. I'm not sure that I would, but said that I would consider it. There is no way I would consider Rick Santorum.

13. marbro

marbro New Member

No true libertarian would ever vote for big government. It goes against the whole point of being libertarian.

Obama, mitt,newt, santorum are all proven big government candidates. Santorum actually stated he hates libertarians.

Libertarians will vote for .......libertarians.

Obama supporters and establishedment republicans might vote for a libertarian like Ron Paul but they will go back to their roots and vote for who they really are if Ron Paul doesn't win. The reason Ron Paul is attracting liberals and establishment republicans is because of the state if our country and people are waking up to the fact the governments role is the cause of our problems. People want to end the warsand end the debt and get our liberties back.

14. NetworkCitizen

The reason why I lean towards getting republicans into power is that many of the republican voters and lower level officials (tea party/libertarian-leaning) will at least try to hold the establishment to the principles of limited governance.

What are we getting from democrats? It's never enough governance for them. It's never enough spending. It's never enough collectivism. They don't think that we can destroy the constitution fast enough.

I hate to say that a libertarian or write-in vote would be a waste, but in the ultimate scheme of things...it's been a waste.

15. marbro

marbro New Member

I understand where you are coming from. From my prospective the tea party has failed to correct the behavior of the establishment republicans in congress. They have in essence caved in to big money and big government. Its an ongoing fight but a losing one from my vantage point.

Another area we can try to correct the republican party is POTUS. All the candidates are big government. Not caving in to supporting a big government republican is the best way to send a message to the establishment republicans that their policies are to far to the left and will never win white house unless they get serious about being fiscally conservative. The party need s to be fixed for our long term health more than we need to get rid of Obama. We have the power to both fix the party and get rid of Obama. But I would rather save the party from the left than the latter if it came down to that.

I hope you change your mind and go support Ron Paul. Its early in the game.

16. Bain

Bain New Member

I would prefer Romney over Santorum, but as a Libertarian I would vote for Neither.

17. NetworkCitizen

Good post. Me supporting Paul is a given. I just do not think it is going to happen and it's disappointing.

I was just making a point with this thread that Santorum is a no go from my perspective and that the republicans need to recognize the prospects of liberty, which means not electing a warmongering, religion-forcing jerk who hates liberty.

18. freakonature

freakonature Well-Known Member

I agree with this statement. Santorum's tax policy is central planning 101. I will be voting for Ron Paul in the primary and general. As one poster earlier insinuated, if Romney actually took Rand as his VP, I would consider that vote simply because of the future advantages. I think that there is zero chance of that happening though.

19. freakonature

freakonature Well-Known Member

As a Libertarian, job 1 is not getting Obama out, but rather getting all big government leaders out including Romney and Santorum. You are simply discrediting small government supporters by voting for these fakes.

20. stekim

stekim New Member

And, as always, it will be an epic fail. The GOP has proven in election after election that they share a fundamental trait with Democrats: They support a far reaching, Nanny/Police State. The only real difference is that the GOP claims the opposite. Which makes them lying hypocrites, too. So yes, let's vote them in and give them another chance. I'm sure THIS time they won't move the football.

Sounds like the GOP to me.

Dude, we have the government we do because people like you keep voting for Republicans thinking you are going to change things. It never happens, yet you keep doing it. Thanks.

21. NetworkCitizen

It's not because of me, it's because more people will not stray from the pack. When the writing is on the wall, all that is left is your choice of the lesser of two evils.

The majority is the problem. I must pick a less damaging path between the duopoly. Yay democracy.

22. stekim

stekim New Member

Only if you support evil. I'm quite happy to stray from a pack of idiots. Otherwise I could get confused for one. And I've seen nothing to indicate that the GOP is the lesser of two evils. The two parties are essentially just wings of the same party. It's like choosing between Hitler and Stalin. You cannot reasonably state one is less evil.