Why are blatantly racist threads allowed?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Community Discussions' started by DA60, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DA60

DA60 Banned

First, I have a lot of respect for the Mods here. They do their job well and do not throw their weight around too much (that I can see).

BUT - in my opinion, racism is the belittling of human beings.

And it is far worse to do that - imo - then to call someone 'stupid' or a 'liar'.

Yes, I am sure there is some explanation for it deep in the rules.

But whatever it is...I disagree with it.

There are 'black' members on this site.

To suggest that they are less then equal humans - even if indirectly - is FAR MORE insulting then to call someone a liar, imo.

Attack the message, not the messenger is a guideline here, I believe.

And there is just NO WAY to NOT attack the messengers of this site that are 'non-white' when you start a blatantly racist thread.

I say have a vote to decide if blatantly racist threads should be allowed.

Heck - if your workloads are too much - I will mod them.

This excellent site is starting to get inundated with pathetic, racist threads...again and again.

And they are allowed to post them and yet I am not allowed to in any way insult them.

Or do people think that racism does not deserve to be insulted and attacked at every opportunity?

BTW - I am as WASP as WASP gets.

2. Iolo

Iolo Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think that the difficulty always comes up when the racists start calling other people racist. The definition is the problem - and I speak as one who has several times been thrown off sites, following complaints by racist nazi zionists as an 'anti-semite', because I object to their murdering children.

3. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

I consider this thread to be racist, because you are clearly limiting "racism" *from* whites *to* non-whites. You made no mention about racist threads against whites, and there has been plenty of anti-white posts on this board. I assume those aren't a problem, to you.

Anti-racist is more of a code word for anti-white, nowadays. Racism of all shades is tolerated, if not encouraged, unless the person is white.

When I make a post about how blacks have a much higher statistics per capita than any other race, that is a fact, not bigotry. I can supply numerous pieces of Government data to support my argument. That is not "attacking individual members of the site", that is a generalization that does not single out any specific person, and no it is not against the site rules.

This topic of conversation is just uncomfortable for you, and those on the left, so you'd rather just make the topic off limits.

Unifier and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Iolo

DA60 - See what I mean?

DA60 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Heroclitus

Heroclitus Well-Known Member

Yes I remember your anti-semitic contributions to this thread with the racist title: "Are Jews Becoming Even More Like Nazis" where you were happy to uncritically support the OP.

http://www.politicalforum.com/political-opinions-beliefs/163453-jews-becoming-even-more-like-nazis.html

You and the OP didn't bother to distinguish between "Zionists" and Jews on this one. The thread posited that Jews were like Nazis. When I objected to my Jewish cousins from London being called Nazis you accused me of being a member of Mossad.

On here you can demonize Jews as much as you like Iolo and get away with it. That must be nice for you!

6. DA60

DA60 Banned

Hey - you want to exclude all racist posts...fine with me.

Actually, the fact that people like you exist makes me uncomfortable.

What you say just demonstrates that fact.

But since we cannot ban 'persons' such as yourself - I would settle for banning the bile that you speak.

7. Traditionalist

Traditionalist New Member

You must have had an experience with racism...maybe witnessing it, that has made you passionate about the subject? I noticed you don't back down. Good for you.

DA60 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Heroclitus

What you said there is not racist so I'm not sure what you are talking about. "Much higher statistics" means nothing. Of course this is a debating site so being clear with words is quite important.

Statistics are statistics. Derogatory racial generalizations are racist. Saying that black people perform worse at school is not racist. Saying that this is because black people are gentically inferior and that this proves this, is racist.

Can you follow this? If not, then maybe what you have to say about statistics is by the by.

9. Really People?

Really People? New Member

And this is always the argument from those that support these race based threads...

10. DA60

DA60 Banned

I hear you.

'Attack the message - not the messenger'

That is a simple (and I think effective) rule-of-thumb around here.

Someone please tell me how insulting - directly or indirectly - a 'race' in a post/thread is not attacking the messenger since many members that will read those posts are of the same race that is being discriminated against by it? Even the person the post is directed at maybe of that 'race' - and thusly that is attacking that person...intentionally or otherwise.

here is just one example:

'Do They Teach Anything Realistic During Black History Month?

'I'm asking because I see the "event" as a complete joke and haven't ever acknowledged it in my life.

Do they teach anything that's based on fact like the fact that black "people" are known more for contributing the "drive-by shooting," the "gang rape," creating 500 murder per year cities, looting during natural disaster aftermaths and starting riots whenever something doesn't go their way?
    '

http://www.politicalforum.com/race-...ing-realistic-during-black-history-month.html

How the frig is this not insulting every 'messenger' that reads it that is 'black'?

This poster - and I just picked this post at random...though this particular poster is DEFINITELY one of the worst 'offenders', imo. - says ' black "people" are known more for contributing the "drive-by shooting,"'

Now in the heck is that not attacking a messenger reading that if that messenger is 'black'?

This Zook is insulting ALL 'blacks' with that statement.

Now please tell me - mods - which you would rather be accused of?

Being a 'retard' or your entire race is 'known for more for contributing the 'drive-by-shooting'?
    Especially if your 'race' has had to endure that kind of nonsensical statements for generations?

I say take a vote to ban all blatant racist threads/posts like this one.

And at the VERY least - I say ALL threads that even mention race should have to be started in the race relations thread (which - to be fair - is where I found this racist example thread)...NO EXCEPTIONS...even if the subject is Obama's race.

Surely, this rule would not be that hard to moderate.

You see a thread with reference to race...just move it to the 'Race Relations' thread.

If starting a thread about 'race' is not a 'race relation' - what is?

You censor simple insults...why not racism?

Is that not an insult?

11. Bain

Bain New Member

I have noticed the same thing. A lot of White-pride type threads popping up. The thread topic is so ignorant, it makes you want to attack the poster. :frustrated:

What is WASP?

12. DA60

DA60 Banned

WASP - White Anglo-Saxon Protestant

13. DA60

DA60 Banned

Yes it is:

rac·ism   [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
    noun
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

Your statement believes in a scholastic achievement difference strictly on the basis of skin color.

According to the definition of Racism...it IS racist.

14. Heroclitus

You should read my post properly and think. Saying a black person performs worse at school is only racist if you say that this is due to inherent differences. Look up "inherent". Perhaps it is your view that these statistics can only be explained by "inherent" differences, which if this were the case, would indeed be racist and would explain why you have some difficulties with people here.

To take another point of view though. It is not racist to argue that black people perform worse at school because they have schools with less funding, family backgrounds with more poverty and less educated parents, less access to learning materials like books, and are living in neighbourhoods where there is a lot of crime. These would explain the statistics in a way that would mean that the statistics were not due to inherent racial characteristics, but due to socio-environmental factors that were not inherent in their racial characteristics.

I appreciate that someone needs to have a record of some reasonable educational attainment to understand my argument. Most people with a university degree weill already understand it from my other post without me having to explain it in depth like this. It is easier to follow this argument if it is read slowly.

15. DA60

DA60 Banned

BTW - I meant (in the highlighted part) all threads that are about race.

Not all threads that just mention it somewhere within them.

That is probably obvious - but I just wanted to be clear.

16. DA60

DA60 Banned

:rolleyes:

Without including substantial proof of your point...your statement is racist (imo).

You do not agree?

Guess if I care that much or not?

BTW - a little advice...do not assume you are as clever as you seem to think you are.

17. DA60

DA60 Banned

Here is an example of a thread in the 'Current Events' section.

White People Unite Against Obama

http://www.politicalforum.com/1060909777-post1.html

Can someone please tell why this thread could not be moved to the 'Race Relations' section...and all threads like it?

18. Heroclitus

Couldn't you quite follow the argument enough to refute it? What a shame.

Zook and (deleted member) like this.
  19. DA60

DA60 Banned

You are, of course, assuming I read your post past the second sentence.

Do you waste your time reading posts of people you have little respect for?

Well, I do not.

Seriously.

Have a nice day.

20. Iolo

I find that Heroclitus is happier on 'ignore', where he belongs.

21. Heroclitus

That's very funny. Celebrating your own churlish post.

I'll put it back to you. Why would you think that I care that you can't or won't follow the argument? You wrote simplistic, trite garbage. I explained how. You gave up. It's funny!

22. Heroclitus

Well I am happy to be ignored by people who post virulent anti-semitism. I will not ignore their filthy posts but I care little for their affection.

You couldn't quite ignore me though, could you? You still had to have a dig. That's good. That's the way it should be.

23. IgnoranceisBliss

IgnoranceisBliss Well-Known Member

It's pretty easy to ignore the true racists. I don't like the idea of anything being censored. There are a lot of racial/gender/ethnic issues that are interesting to explore. In many societies people are as sensitive as DA60, and there is virtually no room to consider/discuss anything of a controversial nature outside of close family. The benefit of PF is that you can come here and explore the controversial...albeit while picking your way through the clear racists/intolerant/PC police.

The mods already do enough, don't force them to have to the judge the merits of every thread within the constraints of DA60's highly sensitive "criteria."

24. DA60

DA60 Banned

I am beginning to see that.

It's funny.

I used to think to put someone on the 'Ignore' list was a sign of weakness on my part.

Then I realized that many of those types of people are probably on here just to try and stir up trouble. That to pay attention to them is exactly what they wish one to do. Sometimes rather desperately.

Plus, of course, there is the ole 'life is too short' reason.

Whatever, since I have begun putting people on my ignore list - I find my experiences on here are more enjoyable. And I spend FAR less time wasting it with meaningless debates with - no offense to them - meaningless (imo) people.

Iolo and (deleted member) like this.
  25. IgnoranceisBliss

IgnoranceisBliss Well-Known Member

Sarcastic, thinly veiled, insults always amuse me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.