+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: I Really Like Ron Paul. I Really Do. I'm Voting For Obama Though.

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by montra View Post
    Ron Paul is kinda like Jesus Christ. Everyone says Jesus is a swell guy as well. In fact, it seems every religion wants a peice of him to that end. However, they only want a piece of him, not the whole package. They will then slice and dice him and only take what appeals to them and trash the rest. Unfortunately, in doing so what they have really done is trash all of him but they don't seem to recognize this fact. So when the mocking crowds come out to gather, the centurian will say, who shall live? Shall it be Jesus or Barabas? The crowds will yell 100% of the time, "Give us Barabas!".

    Edit: If you would write in Barabas instead of Barak I would be very grateful.
    Well any time political supporters start comparing their candidate to Jesus...

    I mean, it's one thing when ConservaRepubs get so pissed off and project that Messiah stuff onto Obama because they don't actually like the guy. But when supporters refer to their own guy that way, it's a little more weird. Maybe a lot more.

    So since Ron Paul is not my "Jesus", I don't have to accept the stuff that I find just plain stupid. Just like with Obama. There are things I like and things I don't. Overall, I like him best.

    Only a fool would believe the Democrats are right about everything or to blame for everything. Only a fool would believe the Republicans are right about everything or to blame for everything.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoPartyAffiliation View Post
    Well any time political supporters start comparing their candidate to Jesus...

    I mean, it's one thing when ConservaRepubs get so pissed off and project that Messiah stuff onto Obama because they don't actually like the guy. But when supporters refer to their own guy that way, it's a little more weird. Maybe a lot more.

    So since Ron Paul is not my "Jesus", I don't have to accept the stuff that I find just plain stupid. Just like with Obama. There are things I like and things I don't. Overall, I like him best.
    Is that what you got out of my post? Now that's just sad.

    What I think hilarious is that your little quotes show that you favor Ron Paul about 90% of the time on issues and Obama about 10% of the time. But hey, feel free to vote for him anyway.
    Last edited by montra; Feb 24 2012 at 06:06 PM.

  3. Default

    NoParty is quite a confused fellow who thinks that Obama actually represents the ideals of his campaign, besides the fact that he lied about everything that he promised and has proven to be nothing more than a crony capitalist neo-con.

    Shame on NoParty.
    The State has never been created by a "social contract"; it has always been born in conquest and exploitation.

    -Rothbard

    .

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkCitizen View Post
    NoParty is quite a confused fellow who thinks that Obama actually represents the ideals of his campaign, besides the fact that he lied about everything that he promised and has proven to be nothing more than a crony capitalist neo-con.

    Shame on NoParty.
    From what I can gather, he has a hang up on the whole religious right wing. However, what's funny is that Ron Paul simply does not come across that way at all. In fact, he would let gays marry and let him smoke pot if he so likes.

    At the other end of the spectrum are the environmentalist moralists. If you don't recycle, you drive an SUV, or live in a large house that needs heated and cooled then you are treated with disdain. They may as well put a scarlet "A" on your chest. But hey, at least they don't mention God when they do it so its all good I guess.
    Last edited by montra; Feb 24 2012 at 06:22 PM.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkCitizen View Post
    NoParty is quite a confused fellow who thinks that Obama actually represents the ideals of his campaign, besides the fact that he lied about everything that he promised and has proven to be nothing more than a crony capitalist neo-con.

    Shame on NoParty.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ises/obameter/
    "Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it."- American Philosopher George Santayana

  6. Default

    Dude, come on. The fact that he made that many promises in the first place shows that he was a pandering teleprompter buffoon.

    The fact that he was hyped by the corporatist media proved that he was a pandering teleprompter buffoon.

    The fact that he signed NDAA and continued and expanded the patriot Act proved that he was a teleprompter Authoritarian buffoon.
    The State has never been created by a "social contract"; it has always been born in conquest and exploitation.

    -Rothbard

    .

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkCitizen View Post
    Dude, come on. The fact that he made that many promises in the first place shows that he was a pandering teleprompter buffoon.

    The fact that he was hyped by the corporatist media proved that he was a pandering teleprompter buffoon.

    The fact that he signed NDAA and continued and expanded the patriot Act proved that he was a teleprompter Authoritarian buffoon.
    Every politican makes promises. Not all are kept. And for NDAA and the patriot act, to be fair, these got passed by Congress, in the case of NDAA, with a majority in both houses that would have overidden his veto.
    "Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it."- American Philosopher George Santayana

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kranes56 View Post
    Every politican makes promises. Not all are kept. And for NDAA and the patriot act, to be fair, these got passed by Congress, in the case of NDAA, with a majority in both houses that would have overidden his veto.
    Neh. Per Carl Levin, the white house influenced them to change the NDAA to include American citizens.

    Besides, the president creates, signs, and does not sign whatever he wants, haven't you heard? Bush told me.
    The State has never been created by a "social contract"; it has always been born in conquest and exploitation.

    -Rothbard

    .

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by montra View Post
    Is that what you got out of my post? Now that's just sad.

    Well you started off with "Ron Paul is like Jesus" and went onto explain why people have to accept him as a whole vs. dicing out what they like. So what else WOULD you expect me to get out of your post?

    What I think hilarious is that your little quotes show that you favor Ron Paul about 90% of the time on issues and Obama about 10% of the time. But hey, feel free to vote for him anyway.
    90%??? Nope. Not even close. And I disagree with the basic tenet of the Libertarian philosophy: The Market does not correct itself. It does not make companies that make dangerous products go away, nor does it have that effect on companies that abuse their employees. I have lived in countries that were as close to Libertarianism as you will find and they suck for the citizens. Although there are over 20 agencies I'd get rid of, I'm really glad there's an SEC, CIA, OSHA, NRC and lots of other Fed agencies. But I do like what he has to say about the war on drugs, giving our money away and several other things.

    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkCitizen View Post
    NoParty is quite a confused fellow who thinks that Obama actually represents the ideals of his campaign, besides the fact that he lied about everything that he promised and has proven to be nothing more than a crony capitalist neo-con.
    Shame on NoParty.
    Promised Health Reform: Kept.
    Promised shift from Iraq to Afghan: Kept.
    Promised to pursue the people who attacked us: Exceeded beyond all expectation!
    Promised to get us out of all Bush wars when objectives actually met: Kept.
    Promise to Fund VA's again: Kept.
    Promised to hire more counselors etc... for the Vets: Kept.
    Promised to repeal DADT: Kept.
    Promised to get rid mandatory sentecing: Kept
    Promised to put more focus, money and manpower into Special Forces and Intel: Kept.

    I could go on but the point is clear: On partisan hacks would claim that "Obama lied about everything he promised".


    Quote Originally Posted by montra View Post
    From what I can gather, he has a hang up on the whole religious right wing. However, what's funny is that Ron Paul simply does not come across that way at all. In fact, he would let gays marry and let him smoke pot if he so likes.

    At the other end of the spectrum are the environmentalist moralists. If you don't recycle, you drive an SUV, or live in a large house that needs heated and cooled then you are treated with disdain. They may as well put a scarlet "A" on your chest. But hey, at least they don't mention God when they do it so its all good I guess.
    Well not with me. Although I certainly do care about our environment, I am just not certain that man has created Global Warming. I drive a great big gas guzzling Mercedes S Class. I also eat steak, smoke cigars and enjoy a 24 year old scotch once in a while. I'm a Christian and I think Muslims are shown favor and Christians are frequently screwed. I own a Glock 17 that I've had forever and if someone comes in my house at night I will make sure to shout a warning right after the third or fourth shot. Not exactly the politically correct enviro-nazi that you like to paint anyone disagreeing with you out to be, eh?
    Last edited by NoPartyAffiliation; Feb 24 2012 at 07:42 PM.

    Only a fool would believe the Democrats are right about everything or to blame for everything. Only a fool would believe the Republicans are right about everything or to blame for everything.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkCitizen View Post
    Neh. Per Carl Levin, the white house influenced them to change the NDAA to include American citizens.

    Besides, the president creates, signs, and does not sign whatever he wants, haven't you heard? Bush told me.
    How do you know Bush? And if the white house did influence it, Congress still passed it with an overwhelming majority.
    "Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it."- American Philosopher George Santayana

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Voting for Ron Paul in the NV Caucus Today
    By NoPartyAffiliation in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 04 2012, 08:21 PM
  2. Racist David Duke will be voting for Ron Paul
    By Jason Bourne in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Jan 09 2012, 07:20 AM
  3. Who else is voting for Ron Paul?
    By Daggdag in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Dec 07 2011, 04:33 AM
  4. Ron Paul's Voting Record
    By Monster Zero in forum Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Oct 09 2011, 01:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks